Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How is Riot - Nightbreaker?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Empty
PostSubject: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:09 pm

Is it in a similar style to Thundersteel or The Privilege of Power, or is it in a different style?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:28 pm

It's a great album! I just bought it a few weeks ago. But it's my only Riot CD, so I can't compare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Uh, it's not particularly bad album, but it's not my favorite. It's kind of a different style than The Privilege Of Power, but not that bad. Maybe in time I'll learn to like it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 8:33 pm

It's awesome! No, it's not as thrashy as "Thundersteel". It's heavy
but melodic. They do a cover of Deep Purple's "Burn" and a new version
of their classic "Outlaw". Can't really explain it, but it's a classic
Riot album.

Last edited by on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:03 am

That era of Riot (Nightbreaker, Inishmore) was kind of between waves of traditional power metal, so they were one of the few bands carrying the torch proudly; and I think their main market was in Japan.
So those albums to my ears are kind of a throwback to 80's traditional metal; and kind of european sounding almost, like heavy TNT maybe. Nobody did it better than Riot though, and those albums are great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:29 am

Thundersteel is a pretty good album.

Last edited by on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 11:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Riot album.

I agree with this. This first album with Mike Dimeo is an excellent melodic HM disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 5:01 pm

Eloi666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Riot album.

I agree with this. This first album with Mike Dimeo is an excellent melodic HM disc.
I agree. Mike strut his stuff on that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:49 am

"Nightbreaker" is the first album whit Mike at the voice and it's great. My favorite album of the DiMeo era along with "The brethren of the long house" Full power heavy metal but not so wild and hot like the Speranza and the Forrester years. More melodies, more guitar harmonies, more catchy vocals. anyway: a great album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:28 am

"Nightbreaker" is starting to grow on me. Very addictive.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:05 pm

I realy love NIGHTBREAKER, a great RIOT album that all RIOT, HARD ROCK and HEAVY METAL fans should have of course in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:42 pm

I love the Deep Purple cover on this disc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is Riot - Nightbreaker?   How is Riot - Nightbreaker? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How is Riot - Nightbreaker?
Page 1 of 1