Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
Stender
sam
Lari
Temple of Blood
manny
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Yep...Got it and wrote you back. Thanks!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 am

It sounds like if I ever want to be in a band maybe I should keep it a local act on the side. Being in a serious act looks like too much work and trouble. Who knows, I might turn out to be a great mechanic and have my own successful business someday leaving me with extra time and money to do so. Yeah, and maybe Zooey will dump that Death Cab For Cutie douche bag move to Texas and marry me and share some of her Hollywood wealth Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:20 pm

ah... you have a better chance with the rabbit you have for your avatar lol! just kidding

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
ah... you have a better chance with the rabbit you have for your avatar lol! just kidding

If I was a cartoon character I would love to have that chance, cause that is one hot rabbit:

Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Lola+bunny+in+ring

Yeah, I need a woman pretty bad don't I Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Apparently you do if you're fantasizing about a cartoon character.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:49 pm

GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Apparently you do if you're fantasizing about a cartoon character.

Not fantasizing about any cartoon character or woman. I just find certain women and cartoon characters asthetically pleasing.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

If I was a cartoon character I would love to have that chance, cause that is one hot rabbit:

affraid look at those legs!

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Perfect example of how the cartoon industry uses its art to introduce children to sex indoctrination as early as possible.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Stender wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Perfect example of how the cartoon industry uses its art to introduce children to sex indoctrination as early as possible.

It's been like that for ages, just look at Tinkerbell from Peter Pan.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 pm

When I was in a band we played in front of as few as 20 & as many as 5,000 folks. Unless you expect it to be a train wreck, you cant really gig enough. The more you play the better you get, practice is one thing but playing in front of a crowd sharpens you even more. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
When I was in a band we played in front of as few as 20 & as many as 5,000 folks. Unless you expect it to be a train wreck, you cant really gig enough. The more you play the better you get, practice is one thing but playing in front of a crowd sharpens you even more. Just my 2 cents.

That is so true...
Also if you love playing music, playing is always a good thing.

I started with the local keg party scene, moved up to local biker dive's, and then on The Strip before doin' the various club circuits all over the country. There are dive's everywhere but you never know who might be in the audience.

I don't ever wanna think for another person. The choice always belongs to those involved in a personal aspect. I did something years ago and today is another animal altogether.

PostSubject: Re: Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?   Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think its bad for a band to turn down shows?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2