Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
James B.
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Empty
PostSubject: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th GI_0_0_BeatallicaMasterfulMystery180

Sometimes being a wanna-be amateur metal journalist has its perks... a promo copy of this baby was waiting in my mailbox when I got home from this weekend's camping trip. The album will be released on August 4th. I haven't given the new one a spin yet but I loved their previous album, SGT HETFIELD'S MOTORBREATH PUB BAND, so I'm sure I'll love this one too 🤘

Track listing:
THE BATTERY OF JAMYZ AND YOKO

MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR

FUEL ON THE HILL

AND I'M EVIL

EVERYBODY'S GOT A TICKET TO RIDE (EXCEPT FOR ME AND MY LIGHTNING)

RUNNING FOR YOUR LIFE

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT LET IT BE

HERO OF THE DAY TRIPPER

GOT TO GET YOU TRAPPED UNDER ICE

I'LL JUST BLEED YOUR FACE

I WANT TO CHOKE YOUR BAND

TOMORROW NEVER COMES

You can hear a snippet of the first single, "Hero of the Day Tripper," at their record label site, here:
http://www.oglio.com/webs/pages/artists/Beatallica.shtml

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Can't wait for your full review. Stuff like this is kewl when I have to drive on a long haul to the middle of flippin' Nevada or something. It DOES keep you awake better than stuff ya already know.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:24 pm

There is also a band called Dread Zeppelin that has been around for awhile. Smile

It's an Elvis impersonator singing for a LZ cover band with reggae.

http://www.myspace.com/dreadzeppelin

Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Dread_zeppelin-250
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:45 am

Gave this disc a spin in the car this morning, and in a nutshell, if you liked the last album (SGT HETFIELD'S MOTORBREATH PUB BAND) then you're gonna like this one just as much, if not more. Again, some of the songs are re-recorded versions of the "oldies" that used to be available on their web site as free downloads, but there are some new ones mixed in (my fave of these is "Fuel on the Hill," a mash up of Metallica's "Fuel" and the Beatles' "Fool on the Hill"). The title track is hilarious ("The masterful mystery tour is dying to make you obey..." hahaha) and you gotta love "The Thing That Should Not Let it Be" as well. A Danzig impersonator makes an appearance in the middle of "And I'm Evil?" that cracked me up so hard I damn near drove off the road.

The thing I really like about these guys is unlike some "joke" bands, they don't half-ass it... they obviously have deep knowledge and respect for both sides of the equation (Beatles and Metallica) and they can play like muthafuggas. Great stuff!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:54 am

Beatallica's new video for "Hero of the Day Tripper" Laughing very hard

You gotta give these guys credit for one thing, they're not afraid to look ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Beatallica's MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR placed @ number 3 on my top 10 of 2009 ... and the band were so tickled by my Detritus column about it that they pimped it and thanked me by name at the top of their Facebook page today.

Yeah, I know, it's totally un-important, but it's a nice ego stroke for me anyway. Laughing

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Beatallica's MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR placed @ number 3 on my top 10 of 2009 ... and the band were so tickled by my Detritus column about it that they pimped it and thanked me by name at the top of their Facebook page today.

Yeah, I know, it's totally un-important, but it's a nice ego stroke for me anyway. Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_lol

That's awesome dude!!!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah, I know, it's totally un-important, but it's a nice ego stroke for me anyway. Laughing

That's awesome Freddy. I haven't listened to these guys in a long time. I remember them from their first E.P, which one used to be able to download from their website. I always wanted to see them live, but never got to a show. They're quite the folk heroes in the Milwaukee area.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah, I know, it's totally un-important, but it's a nice ego stroke for me anyway. Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_lol

Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Bump for Manny... video for "Hero of the Day Tripper" can be found above...

You can also visit http://www.myspace.com/beatallica or http://www.beatallica.org

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:45 pm

I went on their website and loved it. Thanks for turning me on this band, I know their novelity band but it is great band regardless of the gimmick and it is funny as hell.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:54 pm

manny wrote:
I went on their website and loved it. Thanks for turning me on this band, I know their novelity band but it is great band regardless of the gimmick and it is funny as hell.

Coo'man. I had a feeling you'd dig'em, being all Metal and Beatle-ific at the same time. It's the best of both worlds for you. Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Beatallica's new video for "Fuel on the Hill"

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Wow, I guess I'm a real "journalist" now, people. Beatallica have mentioned me by name and quoted me in their latest official press release (third paragraph). I'll try not to let my head get too big. Haha.

-Beatallica Support MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR With Tour Dates And New
Single/Video For "Fuel On The Hill"

Everyone's favorite Metallica/Beatles bash-up, Beatallica, are
continuing to support their latest "you have to hear it to believe it"
release, MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, with a set of east coast tour dates
throughout April. Also hitting the airwaves is the group's latest
single/video, "Fuel On The Hill" (directed by Mike VVeber and assisted
by Tim "Murph Dawg" Murphy), which is the group's follow-up to their
last clip, "Hero Of The Day Tripper." See the YouTube link for "Fuel
On The Hill" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Z9ndZojUeaQ

Recorded and engineered by "Flemball Rasmartin," MASTERFUL MYSTERY
TOUR is Beatallica's second full-length album overall, and features
such exceptional song titles as "The Battery Of Jaymz And Yoko,"
"Everybody's Got A Ticket To Ride Except For Me And My Lightning," and
"I Want To Choke Your Band," among countless other clever part-
psychedelic/ part-headbanging masterpieces.

And the accolades continue to pile up for the band, including such

raves from journalist Keith Abt ("I've been jammin' it (MASTERFUL

MYSTERY TOUR) all day and I'm lovin' it! All you loyal Beatallibangers
are in for a treat...") and Chris Dahlberg from Cosmos Gaming ("The instrumentals and vocals on (MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR) are certainly impressive") . If you haven't experienced Beatallica yet, what are you waiting for? Grab a copy of MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, and check out this unbelievable outfit live in a town near you!

Forthcoming U.S. Tour Dates include:
FRIDAY, APRIL 16--Pittsburgh PA at The Altar Bar
SATURDAY, APRIL 17--Huntington WV at V Club
SUNDAY, APRIL 18--Lexington KY at Cosmic Charlie's
MONDAY, APRIL 19--Washington DC at Black Cat
THURSDAY, APRIL 22--Rockville NY at Vibe Lounge
FRIDAY, APRIL 23--Philadelphia PA at North Star
SATURDAY, APRIL 24--New York NY at The Delancey
SUNDAY, APRIL 25--Harrisburg, PA at Spy Club
MONDAY, APRIL 26--W. Babylon, NY at Looney Tunes
TUESDAY, APRIL 27--Brooklyn NY at Brooklyn Bowl
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28--Syracuse, NY at Half Penny Club

For more information and the complete MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR track
listing, visit:
http://www.beatallica.org/
https://www.facebook.com/beatallica
http://www.oglio.com/

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th 83628

Beatallica's Facebook sez a new album will be out in April... title and cover art to be revealed "soon." Cool!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Cool. I dig these guys, just hope the "joke" isn't starting to wear a little thin. Know what I mean?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Cool. I dig these guys, just hope the "joke" isn't starting to wear a little thin. Know what I mean?

I'm wondering how long they can keep it going before they run out of Metallica and Beatles songs to combine. Haha.

Seriously though, these guys have always impressed the hell out of me, "joke" aside they are really good players.

I get the feeling if they ever put their minds to it, they could probably do a pretty bad-ass all original MeTaL album if they really wanted to, but they'd rather drink beer, dress up in funny costumes and play goofy songs. I can respect that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th   Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beatallica - MASTERFUL MYSTERY TOUR, out August 4th
Page 1 of 1