Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avantasia - The Mystery of Time

Go down 
+10
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
stormspell
Gilbert
Sutekh
kmorg
exact33
Dark Horseman
MetallicSeminarian
Eyesore
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Empty
PostSubject: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 am

This is coming soon. Guess it's a good time to start a thread on it.

Quote :
"The Mystery Of Time" will feature guest appearances by Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), Michael Kiske (UNISONIC, HELLOWEEN), SAXON frontman Biff Byford, former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick, drummer Russell Gilbrook of URIAH HEEP, AYREON mastermind Arjen Lucassen (also ex-BODINE, VENGEANCE), Ronnie Atkins of Danish hard rock veterans PRETTY MAIDS and MR. BIG frontman Eric Martin.

The new AVANTASIA CD was recorded in part at VOX Klangstudio in Bendestorf, Germany with producer Sascha Paeth (KAMELOT, EDGUY, EPICA, RHAPSODY).

"The Mystery Of Time" track listing:

01. Spectres
02. The Watchmakers' Dream
03. Black Orchid
04. Where Clock Hands Freeze
05. Sleepwalking
06. Savior In The Clockwork
07. Invoke The Machine
08. What's Left Of Me
09. Dweller In A Dream
10. The Great Mystery

Immediately after the release of "The Mystery Of Time", a metal opera based on a story written by Sammet, the band will embark on a full-fledged indoor tour, during which the band and special guests will bring the epic undertaking to the stage.

Since the performances will embrace all the different eras and history of AVANTASIA, these shows will feature an extended playing time and the entire evening will be dedicated to AVANTASIA with no support acts.

Tobias originally wanted to put AVANTASIA to rest after the release of the "The Flying Opera - Around The World In 20 Days" concert DVD in April 2011, but he has since had a change of heart.

Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Avantmysterybig

Solid tune. Nothing amazing, but really good. Here are some more samples...

Sounds like a good album.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:22 am

Sounds pretty good to me! The only Avantasia I currently own is "The Metal Opera, Part I," but I own a few Edguy albums and am on the lookout for other Avantasia. I might have to get this one brand new. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm enjoying Avantasia more then the newer Edguy lately and this sounds quality so far.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm enjoying Avantasia more then the newer Edguy lately and this sounds quality so far.

this. I thought the Metal Opera albums were ok but the last couple albums have been great. Looking forward to this.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 pm

This is another solid Avantasia album for sure! I'm loving the songs with Biff and Ronnie singing a lot!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Looks like the artwork is by Rodney Matthews. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:19 pm

You have this Kurt? U.S. release isn't until the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:05 am

Would love to buy some AVANTASIA material
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
You have this Kurt? U.S. release isn't until the end of the month.

Got the limited edition yesterday.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 am

I hate these staggered release dates.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:42 am

Yeah, screw it! I'm not waiting a month to get this available here. This sucks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:02 am

exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

this. I thought the Metal Opera albums were ok but the last couple albums have been great. Looking forward to this.

Same here. Each of the last three Avantasia albums have been my #1 of the years they've been released (the last two tied).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:57 am

The album is on youtube. I don't think it will make my top 5 or even 10 list for 2013, but it is enjoyable and worth buying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:20 am

I've not been disappointed with Avantasia yet. Looking forward to this greatly.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:41 pm

I didn't even know this album was out until yesterday when I checked these boards. Today I picked it up on my shopping trip. I didn't find the 2CD version, but I got the digipak with 2 bonus tracks.

Didn't get a chance to listen to anything but the very first track yet (I watched the Blackhawks), but I'm pretty psyched about this.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:01 am

Just started listening to this band--based on the artwork alone! Seriously, I saw it up on darklyrics.com and thought any album with that kind of art has to be good. They're amazing. I've never been a metal opera/prog-power metal fan with stuff like Hammerfall and Rhapsody, but this is different. The vocals are gritty and soaring, the production is crisp while having that metal gain that I believe Rhapsody lacks, and the compositions are inventive without being pretentious. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:48 pm

You like Edguy? The guy who put this together, Edguy is his main band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 pm

I've yet to hear Edguy. It is the absolute worst name a band could have, but I've heard nothing but good, so I'll take a listen tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:09 pm

No, Pink Cream 69 is the worst. lol!

If you can, start with Hellfire Club and Mandrake in the Edguy catalog.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
You like Edguy? The guy who put this together, Edguy is his main band.

Both good albums, but I'd recommend "theater of salvation" first.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Not a bad album but I think Mandrake is their fullest album if that makes sense. All opinions though.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:51 pm

I'd say you can't go wrong with theater, mandrake, or hellfire. Great band.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:58 pm

I've been listening to Age of the Joker a lot. More hard rock but surprisingly I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Pink Cream 69, ah yes. Decent music ruined by a crappy name.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
No, Pink Cream 69 is the worst. lol!

IMO, no band name is worse than Anal C*nt.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avantasia - The Mystery of Time   Avantasia - The Mystery of Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avantasia - The Mystery of Time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: