Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD

Go down 
+3
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Empty
PostSubject: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:52 pm

New album due April 16th... looks like they're tweaking their usual formula this time out. Rather than constructing new songs by "mashing" Beatles and Metallica references together, this time they're straight-up 'covering' the entire Abbey Road record.... in full on Metallica style. Well, that should be... odd.

Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD 61qdeCwE18L._SL500_AA300_

Hype:
Quote :
Beatallica return with a vengeance on their third full length studio album Abbey Load. Following in the footsteps of the groundbreaking Sgt Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band and the sophomore effort Masterful Mystery Tour, Beatallica explore the question, What would The Beatles songs sound like if they were originally recorded by Metallica? On Abbey Load the boys take on the classics from Abbey Road including the classic Side 2 medley. Another classic effort from Beatallica sure to bring smiles to the faces of both Beatles and Metallica fans.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Well the title alone made me laugh out loud, so their going in the right direction there. Hope the album plays out as well. Abbey Load. Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:56 pm

I gotta hear this!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Actually i'm more interested in a straight up cover. The parodys were fun, but their novelty wears off.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:51 am

Great idea!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:53 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
but their novelty wears off.

That was said about KISS in 1977 Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 6:52 pm

An advance copy of this CD was waiting in my mail today. Woohoo! Can't wait to give it a spin....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:09 pm

OK, so I've been listening to Abbey Load a whole bunch in the past week, I'm diggin' it.

It would appear that I was not totally accurate in my original post- Beatallica is not covering Abbey Road in its entirety on the new album, but they do rip thru a good 3/4 of it, and the rest of the album is padded out by Metallic-ized covers of some non-Abbey Beatle tracks like "Help," "I Saw Her Standing There" and "Please Please Me."

Obviously they've upped the crunchy factor and include plenty of obvious nods to/steals from vintage Metallica riffs and songs ("Michelle" in particular is a hoot; they turn it into "For Whom Michelle Tolls" Laughing very hard) ... there's even a brief reference to the "Lulu" debacle at the very end of the album, right before the fadeout.

In a nutshell, if ya liked the previous albums you'll dig this one too.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Quote :
In a nutshell, if ya liked the previous albums
I did.

Quote :
you'll dig this one too.
Here's hoping!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
In a nutshell, if ya liked the previous albums
I did.

Quote :
you'll dig this one too.
Here's hoping!!

Speaking in my official capacity as the forum's JOWBMJWSORP (that's Jaded Old Wanna-Be Music Journalist Who Still Occasionally Receives Promos) - for whatever that's worth - I think I can safely recommend this one to ya, EmGee.

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 pm

James B. wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
but their novelty wears off.

That was said about KISS in 1977 Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard

Best quote ever!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Just learned something interesting about the new record thanx to a live Facebook chat thingy that's going on right now with bassist Kliff McBurtney...

When Beatallica started work on this latest batch of songs they were planning 'em to be the usual humorous "mash ups" and take-offs with funny lyrics, just like on the previous two records, but apparently Sony/ATV (owners of the Beatles catalog) stepped in with their law dogs at some point. Thus, Beatallica were NOT ALLOWED to mess with the Beatles' original lyrics or song titles whatsoever on the recorded versions. When they go on tour to support the record, though, they will perform their "mashed up" renditions of the songs.

Just to give you an idea, "Mean Mr. Mustard" was supposed to be "Mean Mr. Mustaine," "Blackbird" would've been "Fade to Blackbird," "Michelle" would've been "For Whom Michelle Tolls" and so forth.

That's pretty freakin' lame. I was wondering why they suddenly decided to deviate from their usual "format," now I know. Sad

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Even more surprising is that it took 2 whole albums of previous mash-ups (and free downloads) before the Sony/ATV lawyers took notice. Guess it all seemed like harmless fun until someone starting showing a profit. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD   Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beatallica - ABBEY LOAD
Page 1 of 1