Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Message from KISS

Go down 
+24
Schbopo
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
TheGooch
A Handful of Wayne
XYZ
Required Fields
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
MetalFRO
arttieTHE1manparty
krokus
Cliffy
the sentinel
Troublezone
nevermore
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
manny
kmorg
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Message from KISS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:00 am

thejokeriv wrote:
The pencil version of the cover - the concept looks much better than the final product, IMHO

Message from KISS - Page 4 Medium11

They should bring it out with this penciled cover, then Gene could also sell Kiss Krayons so we all could color it the way we want it to be. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:09 am

The cover is horrendous! The new song sounds pretty good though. Kinda like Love Gun meets Revenge (two of my favorite KISS albums). Now I'm officially psyched, haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:24 am

Cliffy wrote:
New Stryper album, Murder By Pride...great album with a sucky title,

Stryper's MURDER BY PRIDE also has crappy cover art. Is this a new trend?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Cliffy wrote:

Probably. With computer programs (ie Photoshop) making it as easy as a paint-by-numbers, even someone with the most marginal amount of talent can whip-up a cover in no time. And it's cheaper than paying a real artist with real talent to do something that stands out. And in the down-load era, who cares about covers now anyway? Real artwork is just another casuality of digital music. I'm sure Rex could pontificate quite a bit on the subject as well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Cliffy wrote:

Probably. With computer programs (ie Photoshop) making it as easy as a paint-by-numbers, even someone with the most marginal amount of talent can whip-up a cover in no time. And it's cheaper than paying a real artist with real talent to do something that stands out. And in the down-load era, who cares about covers now anyway? Real artwork is just another casuality of digital music. I'm sure Rex could pontificate quite a bit on the subject as well.

For the most part, album covers have been an unfortunate casuality of the birth of the CD era.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:35 am

The entire song Modern Day Delilah is available for streaming:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125528
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am

yea just listening, and it is sounding like 80s style. Stanley vocal hearing tired and old. Thayer guitar solo is nothing special in compare with Ace.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:41 am

Melody & mood wise, it's got that "I Stole Your Love" / "Love Gun" vibe w/ a killer groove...color me impressed.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:43 am

I like it!!!! Track by track review posted:

http://thequietus.com/articles/02534-kiss-new-album-sonic-boom-track-by-track-album-review
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:46 am

I like the new song! Couldn't care less about the alnum cover (it's ok though). Now, someone needs to help me out with the Wal-Mart thingy when time comes. We don't have 'em here!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 am

Paul does sound a little strained trying to hit those high notes, but overall I think it's a catchy tune. I dig it. I could see picking up this album at some point. Even if it does pain me to give another nickel to Gene. angry

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 am

The clips Ive heard sound pretty good, kind of like Love Gun smashed into Lick It Up. I hope the sound quality of the actual album is ALOT better then that though. Not reallly too thrilled about the album cover or the title, but Kiss hasnt had an actual neat album cover in a longgg time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Oooh, oooh... me likey. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Sounds like it's 1976 all over again. Message from KISS - Page 4 604261
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
Now, someone needs to help me out with the Wal-Mart thingy when time comes. We don't have 'em here!

Rumor has it that Roadrunner will be releasing/distributing the album in Europe. Fear not, even without Wal-Mart you'll still be able to get your KISS fix Norwegian style. Laughing

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Now, someone needs to help me out with the Wal-Mart thingy when time comes. We don't have 'em here!

Rumor has it that Roadrunner will be releasing/distributing the album in Europe. Fear not, even without Wal-Mart you'll still be able to get your KISS fix Norwegian style. Laughing

Yeah, I know they will release the CD here as well. But that Wal-Mart Exclusive thingy sound interesting Very Happy

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm

It's alright, I'll take it for what it is and not compare it to the mighty Rock And Roll Over.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:49 pm

I was thinking the beginning of this song sort of sounds like the metallica song the end of the line.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:58 am

I hope it's good. Can't wait to get it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Ya know... Im looking at the album art and im just thinking. That S in the work SONIC looks really familiar, oh yea I know why cause it the same S that Savatage uses. I smell law suit!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:15 am

I woke up the other morning and I had that new KISS tune stuck in my head for a good part of the day. The subliminal messaging must be working. Good job, Gene.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm

I had it in my head the other day as well. Its catchy but I don't really care for the chorus.

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Message from KISS
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4