Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Message from KISS

Go down 
+24
Schbopo
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
TheGooch
A Handful of Wayne
XYZ
Required Fields
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
MetalFRO
arttieTHE1manparty
krokus
Cliffy
the sentinel
Troublezone
nevermore
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
manny
kmorg
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Message from KISS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:29 pm

Best album in 30 years? Get the Smurf OUT of here Music From The Elder, Creatures Of The Night and Lick It Up were some of the best they put out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:16 am

New KISS Album To Arrive In Early October ; Ottawa Footage Available - July 16, 2009
KISS is tentatively scheduled to release its new album in early October. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Russian Roulette", "Modern Day Delilah" and "Stand".

Lead guitarist Tommy Thayer wrote and sang his first song on the album, while drummer Eric Singer also got his first opportunity to sing a lead vocal on an original song.

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons recently told The Canadian Press that there were no outside writers working on the Paul Stanley-produced disc. He also described the album's sound as "no strings, no keyboards, no synths, no tambourines, no nothing — just meat and potatoes."

Simmons confirmed that a deal is in the works with Wal-Mart that will result in an "entire section" of the giant retailer's stores across the country (apparently dubbed "Kiss Korner") being dedicated to KISS.

There has been no official announcement of a KISS deal with Wal-Mart for the band's next CD, although artists such as THE EAGLES and AC/DC have both issued recent albums exclusively through the giant retailer. In addition, AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry may have inadvertently let it slip that the band's next studio album will come out exclusively through Wal-Mart.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:04 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Best album in 30 years? Get the Smurf OUT of here Music From The Elder, Creatures Of The Night and Lick It Up were some of the best they put out.

When I saw KISS live, they only played one song from the post-makeup era, the title track from Lick it Up.

When they introduced it, Paul Stanley said, "This song is about something you like to put in your mouth." The guy next to me shouted, "I LOVE PENIS!"

Last edited by Required Fields on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:07 pm

Not a big fan of KISS, but I'm actually really pumped for this album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:49 am

More rumors 'bout the new album:

KISS' much-anticipated new album is rumored to be entitled "Sonic Boom". The editor of Guitar Player magazine, who had a chance to preview five songs off the LP last week, wrote on Facebook that this was the title "they had on the studio TV monitors while they were playing the audio files." In addition, an update on MelodicRock.com's Twitter account states that the album, which has a tentative release date of October 6, will be issued as a triple-disc set through Wal-Mart featuring the new album, a CD of re-recorded KISS hits (which was recently released in Japan), and a DVD. However, it should be noted that none of this information has yet been corroborated by an official source and should be treated as a rumor only.

Songtitles set to appear on the new KISS CD include "Russian Roulette", "Modern Day Delilah" and "Stand".

Simmons confirmed during a recent radio appearance that a deal is in the works with Wal-Mart that will result in an "entire section" of the giant retailer's stores across the country (apparently dubbed "Kiss Korner") being dedicated to KISS.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 am

I am so pumped for this album, especially if that 3 disc set is true. Sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:31 am

I am looking forward to this disc and I hope they do release a three CD version, I am curious to hear the re-recorded KISS classics, just not curious enough to pay the prices EBAY and Amazon have been asking for it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:16 pm

lol I hope they dont release that re-recorded cd with this. I spent $30 on that thing and you all better do the same if you want it that bad you cheap angry lol!

oh well even if it does get released that way that would be cool. Some of the re-recorded stuff was cool but they seemed to be a little slower than the originals. I think they did a pretty good job though considering their age. They did a better job than Twisted Sister did with Still Hungry.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol I hope they dont release that re-recorded cd with this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it does come packed with the new album. I thought it was weird when they announced that re-recordings set was only being released in Japan and had a feeling that it would find its way here eventually. I didn't think Gene would be satisfied with sucking the $$ just from the Japanese fans. Laughing

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:33 pm

i'm kiss fan but i'm tired of that kiss craps.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:56 pm

I really hope they don't offer a reissue rerecorded cd of old material. I love Kiss, but the Greatest Hits stuff needs to end. Just give me new music already. Very Happy I recently completed my Deep Purple discography and I am happy that they don't do this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:49 am

manny wrote:
I am looking forward to this disc and I hope they do release a three CD version, I am curious to hear the re-recorded KISS classics, just not curious enough to pay the prices EBAY and Amazon have been asking for it.

I wouldn't mind having this, I suppose if I'm buying the new album anyway. My Kiss collection is pretty sparse, so hearing some old "classics" re-tooled would be fine with me. I don't know if I'd buy it if it were sold seperatley, but a bonus disc is always welcome.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:04 am

the sentinel wrote:
I really hope they don't offer a reissue rerecorded cd of old material. I love Kiss, but the Greatest Hits stuff needs to end.

I'm fine with them throwin' the re-recorded set in with the new album as a free bonus. I wouldn't buy it if it were sold separately tho.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:12 am

I hope they do a single version of it. Im not interested in a disc of re-records, or another Live album, unless its an archive type one from the Lick It Up tour or before. On a side note, I have a sneaking suspicion the M&M's will be better than the album
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:15 am

DeathCult wrote:
I hope they do a single version of it. Im not interested in a disc of re-records, or another Live album, unless its an archive type one from the Lick It Up tour or before. On a side note, I have a sneaking suspicion the M&M's will be better than the album

I believe that when the "Jigoku-Retsuden" (or however the f**k you spell it) set of re-recordings was released in Japan, it came with a DVD of a live show from the '77 Japan tour. It would be nice if that DVD was included with the American package as well.

It would suck if it was a "Making Of" documentary about the new album...

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I believe that when the "Jigoku-Retsuden" (or however the f**k you spell it) set of re-recordings was released in Japan, it came with a DVD of a live show from the '77 Japan tour. It would be nice if that DVD was included with the American package as well.

Honestly, Id probably wait it out to see if it made it to DVD on its own, Im just generally not interested in re-records from them, I like the originals fine.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 am

This maybe the title of KISS's new CD, this is from Classic Rock Magazine:

Unconfirmed reports say Sonic Boom (if that is indeed what it will be called) will be go on sale on October 6 and be issued as a triple-disc set through Wal-Mart in the US, featuring the new album, a CD of re-recorded Kiss hits (which was recently released in Japan), and a DVD.
Songtitles set to appear on the new Kiss CD include Russian Roulette, Modern Day Delilah and Stand.
Meanwhile, never
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

The re-recordings as pretty cool to listen to. They tried to make it sound like the production of the 70's hits, but with improved sonics. Actually, Hotter Than Hell re-recording sounds much better due to the production being much better.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

The re-recordings as pretty cool to listen to. They tried to make it sound like the production of the 70's hits, but with improved sonics. Actually, Hotter Than Hell re-recording sounds much better due to the production being much better.

The re-recordings are absolutely FANTASTIC. I went in and edited a lot of the songs, though...because I wanted the fadeouts and whatnot to be as they originally were. My version of the album is really, REALLY good. No joke.

later...Cliffy

Last edited by Cliffy on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:28 pm

im very much looking forward to the new kiss album. will be a first for me to see a brand new original kiss release
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:12 pm

With the Kiss Korner, I hope the selection of Kiss C.D's is a lot better. Their current selection at Walmart SUCKS! Normally when I go to check on a Kiss C.D, they have what amounts to a couple crappy compilation C.D's. I still need to get a few of their C.D's (The Elder, Asylum, Alive 2, & Animalize)
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:27 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
With the Kiss Korner, I hope the selection of Kiss C.D's is a lot better. Their current selection at Walmart SUCKS! Normally when I go to check on a Kiss C.D, they have what amounts to a couple crappy compilation C.D's. I still need to get a few of their C.D's (The Elder, Asylum, Alive 2, & Animalize)

Y'know...you can purchase cds online...they mail it to your home and everything.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:30 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
With the Kiss Korner, I hope the selection of Kiss C.D's is a lot better. Their current selection at Walmart SUCKS!

The CD selection at Wal-Mart sucks for EVERYONE, not just for Kiss.

But when Wal-Mart was pimping the exclusive deal with AC/DC last year, they put up big displays in the center aisle of the stores with tons and tons of copies of the BLACK ICE album, and lots of the back catalog too... I would imagine they'd do the same for KISS. In fact, I'm sure Gene $immon$ would insist on it. Laughing

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Cliffy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Y'know...you can purchase cds online...they mail it to your home and everything.

affraid

Oooooooo, A wise guy, huh? :kickbutt:

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Cliffy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Wow, thanks!!! I'll look into that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message from KISS   Message from KISS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Message from KISS
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next