Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery

Go down 
+14
Leatherface
7thSecond
Troublezone
ultmetal
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Onkel Ben
GrandNational
krokus
sam
mc666
Stender
stevegarveyfan
Required Fields
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Empty
PostSubject: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:21 pm

Guitarist Phil Fasciana of long-running Florida death metallers MALEVOLENT CREATION was reportedly involved in a bizarre shootout at a convenient store in his hometown of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. According Fasciana, he pulled into a small store at around 3:00 p.m. Friday afternoon (July 3) to get something to drink and walked right into a robbery in progress. "I went in this little store on my way home to get a chocolate milk, of all things, and little did I know, I was walking into a life-or-death situation," he says. "When I walked into the store, I did not notice anyone else in the store until someone started screaming at me and pointed a gun at me. I nearly smurf poo myself, because the dude looked wacked out of his mind and fired four shots directly at me and I went down to the ground because I thought I was surely shot. After about 30 seconds, I realized I was not hit at all and the shooter thought I was dead or injured and started attacking the store worker when I snuck up behind the burglar and talked [to] him and took the gun out of his hands and told him to get out of the store. He then reached in his sock and pulled another gun out and pointed it at me and that's when I fired two shots into his head, killing him instantly!

"Never in my life has anything so twisted happened to me before and I would like to forget it ever happened, but I had no other choice. Lucky for me, the stupid crackhead burglar had the worst aim in the world and missed me with all four shots from about 10 feet away! Needless to say, all charges have been dropped and the store owner has offered me a lifetime of chocolate milk! Ha Ha!

"I have been in some scary situations before, but having someone shoot out you from that close and miss is a f__king miracle and I have no remorse for killing the assailant who tried to take my life and the store owner's.

"I gotta move out of this town!! I have enough problems as it is!!

"I am very lucky and could easily be dead at this moment, but I'm not and I'm gearing up for our Mexican, South American and European headlining tour which starts at the end of July.

"I would like to put this behind me and not talk about it anymore. It was the most f____d up thing I have ever been involved with, besides my ex-girlfriend!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Holy cow! I know that Phil did the only thing he COULD do, but even though he says he has no remorse (as he shouldn't), he will never be able to put it out of his mind, even though he would love to. That memory, no matter how right he was, will always stick with him. I hope he can find some peace of mind about it. He did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Thats amazing. If it was me, s*** they can take my belongings, cash, whatever, its not worth taking a life over those things....but when they try to take YOUR life, the very last thing you got, thats when bullets will fly. Sounds like Phil made the best decision, sorry to hear a life had to be taken though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 6:52 pm

would be more believable if a proper news link had been included with this blabbermouth story.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:15 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123073
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:27 am

wow, way to go Phil!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:37 pm

A real heroe.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Seems like a bogus story to me unless someone can produce some REAL news coverage.
Back to top Go down
Onkel Ben
Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:24 pm

he survived four gun shots from 10 feet away, now thats metal!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:09 am

Blabbermouth sez that "the incident was reportedly captured on the store surveillance tape but the police has yet to release the footage," on the other hand, it also sez that they "have not found any news reports to corroborate the story."

So whaddya think, is it BS? I would think that a story like this, if it were true, would've been on CNN, Fox News, and every other available outlet fifteen minutes after it happened. Especially on the July 4th weekend! "Here's a REAL American hero for cryin' out loud!"

I dunno, I want to believe it because it's a great story but it just seems a little too out there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:17 pm

And the news outlets would have found some way to slam Metal even though it appears that the man saved 2 lives. Peace.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So whaddya think, is it BS? I would think that a story like this, if it were true, would've been on CNN, Fox News, and every other available outlet fifteen minutes after it happened. Especially on the July 4th weekend! "Here's a REAL American hero for cryin' out loud!"

I dunno, I want to believe it because it's a great story but it just seems a little too out there.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:16 pm

When you can't even find mention of it in a newspaper anywhere...it appears kinda fishy.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Free chocolate milk? Right on! Makes the whole ordeal worth it. Razz

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:59 am

Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery 1ptrans

Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery 1ptrans MALEVOLENT CREATION Guitarist: I Am Not A Hero... Or A Murderer - July 6, 2009
Guitarist Phil Fasciana of long-running Florida death metallers MALEVOLENT CREATION — who was allegedly involved in a bizarre shootout at a convenient store in his hometown of Ft. Lauderdale on July 3, 2009 — has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Due to the ridiculous amounts of e-mails, MySpaceMalevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Mag-glass_10x10 messages, text messages and phone calls concerning my misfortune a few days ago which resulted in someone dying, I need to straighten a few things out that have been taken out of context and are wrong about the story.

"When I walked into that store to buy something, I had no idea the store was in the middle of being robbed. I immediately felt something was wrong when I walked in, because it was very quiet and the man working behind the counter was staring at me like I was gonna rob the store. When that 80-pound homeless crackhead yelled at me and pointed his gun at me and fired four shots at me, I thought i was surely dead and had no time to react! After realizing I was not hit, I slowly crawled around to the back of the store, and while the gunman was screaming at the worker, I ran down the isle he was in and tackled him with the intention of beating the living smurf poo out of him. I did not try approaching this man and try reasoning with him and take the gun from his hands like it was reported on Blabbermouth the other day. The guy already shot at me four times and surely would have shot at me again if he knew I was still alive and I'm not retarded enough to think I could talk my way out of that kind of situation.

"When I tackled him and starting beating the smurf poo out of him with the dude working there, he dropped the gun and I grabbed it. I had no intention of shooting him until he reached for another gun in his sneaker and looked at me, and before he got the chance to shoot at me again, that's when I shot him in the face two times and put an end to that whole nightmare!

"By no means am I a hero. I could have easily just ran out of the store like a kitten after realizing I was not shot and left the store worker to most likely get killed, but I was so pissed I just wanted to beat the Smurf out of that loser who just tried to end my life over nothing. Anyone in my situation may have done the same thing, but nobody knows when something like that could happen to yourself or how to react just like me.

"The gunman was a homeless crackhead who was living somewhere behind the plaza the store was in and has apparently been a problem for a long time, and to this day, the police still cannot identify the man because he has no identification and nobody will come forward and tell the police who he is.

"I have a lot of personal family problems that are far worse then what I just went through and asked the police if it was possible to keep this story from getting in the press and having my dying father and grandfather have to know about something like that happening to me.

"As for the idiots who are calling me a murderer and other ridiculous things, [you] can Smurf OFF!!!! I didn't want this to happen to me and I surely did not wake up that day knowing I was going to kill someone trying to defend myself over a smurfing chocolate milk I wanted to buy from a store!

"I would appreciate some alone time and for this whole thing to blow over and stop making a big deal about what happened to me, if at all possible. Let some crackhead who is foaming at the mouth point a 45 gun at you and start shooting at you and try to imagine what you would do. You don't think I was scared? I just couldn't believe he didn't hit me with at least one of the four bullets he fired directly at me.

"Needless to say, it's over and done with and cannot be taken back, and I will have to live with that image in my head for the rest of my life, but at least I am alive and can get back on tour with my band MALEVOLENT CREATION for our Mexico, South American and European tours starting in a few weeks. Hopefully that will keep my mind off all the negative smurf poo that is surrounding me."

Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Fasciana
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:02 am

What happened to him is like what they write about in their music.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:04 pm

I think what he did was great. I'm sure he'll be just fine as far as coming to terms with it to. And yes I to had to come to terms with killing a man, though under a little different circumstances, so I have a little experience with this as well.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm just glad he's alright. We've had enough passings as of late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Further investigation seems to suggest that the M.C. dude's story is bogus....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123301

Some excerpts...

U.K.'s Rock Radio spoke to a homicide detective at the Fort Lauderdale Police Department about MALEVOLENT CREATION guitarist Phil Fasciana's claim that he was involved in a bizarre shootout at a convenient store in Fort Lauderdale on July 3, 2009.

Commenting on Fasciana's claims, Detective Mark Shotwell of the Fort Lauderdale Police Department told Rock Radio that he's unable to find evidence that any such event ever took place.

"This did not happen," Shotwell said. "Our last murder was on June 22 and Fasciana was not involved. I'm certain of this. Even if the death was a result of self-defense, it would still be classed as a homicide and investigated as such.

"All witnesses, reportees, victims and suspects are entered into a database, but the most recent entry for Fasciana is on April 1, involving him and a female in a domestic dispute."

"Homeless crackheads would trade a gun as soon as they got it and I've never seen one with two guns. And the scenario as described would have made headlines — even in Miami."

One of the message board posts beneath this article is by a guy who sez he called the Ft. Lauderdale Police himself and asked about it, and the officer who answered the phone told him "it didn't happen," and when he was asked if he could 'research it to make sure,' the cop told him "No need. This story is the water-cooler laughing stock of the entire department right now."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:58 pm

I wonder why Phil hasn't spoken out against this fraud unless he really is the one that reported this bogus story...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I wonder why Phil hasn't spoken out against this fraud unless he really is the one that reported this bogus story...

If it is indeed bogus, then I'd like to know what would inspire him to cook up such a wild story in the first place, and for what purpose?

...maybe HE's the crackhead.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

If it is indeed bogus, then I'd like to know what would inspire him to cook up such a wild story in the first place, and for what purpose?

...maybe HE's the crackhead.

Free publicity? I never heard of Malevolent Creation before all this bruhaha.

Or maybe just to earn him some "street cred". Kinda like when 50 Cent was shot 7 times and lived to tell/rap about it. Now MC can write a song about this whole thing. Years from now, some fruity guy will cover it on American Idol 2018 and Walmart will have exclusive rights for their latest release, which will plug right into your brain stem from a port that everyone under 30 will have installed at birth, right after the circumcision. This port will enable us to download music and other information directly into our brains, eliminating the need for schools and teachers. And since kids will already be enormous globs of fat from all the non-activity from years of video game play, they will need someone to tend to their basic needs, hence, trained monkeys. Eventually the trained monkeys will learn that they are more powerful than their human masters and start a revolution. I don't think I need to tell you what happens next.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Or maybe just to earn him some "street cred". Kinda like when 50 Cent was shot 7 times and lived to tell/rap about it. Now MC can write a song about this whole thing. Years from now, some fruity guy will cover it on American Idol 2018 and Walmart will have exclusive rights for their latest release, which will plug right into your brain stem from a port that everyone under 30 will have installed at birth, right after the circumcision. This port will enable us to download music and other information directly into our brains, eliminating the need for schools and teachers. And since kids will already be enormous globs of fat from all the non-activity from years of video game play, they will need someone to tend to their basic needs, hence, trained monkeys. Eventually the trained monkeys will learn that they are more powerful than their human masters and start a revolution. I don't think I need to tell you what happens next.

Laughing very hard MG, sometimes you really scare me, y'know that?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard MG, sometimes you really scare me, y'know that?

Well, just to be on the safe side, I'm heading off to the zoo with a bushel of bananas and a glock.

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, just to be on the safe side, I'm heading off to the zoo with a bushel of bananas and a glock.

Laughing very hard

I think someone has been smoking bananas...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery   Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malevolent Creation guitarist prevents store robbery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next