Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm getting a new guitar!

Go down 
+12
Jesusandmetal23
Dave the Boss
Am I Evil?
Glenn Rogers
powermacho
ultmetal
INVADERS
Troublezone
ultrametal
Schbopo
sam
holydiver97595
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
Feck, just a month after I got a Gibson SG Standard I already fell in love with a different guitar:

I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Fender-Dave-Murray-Strat

Fender Dave Murray signature strat. This is a copy of his 57 strat that he used throughout most of the 80s. No floyd + humbuckers = instant win for me. The only thing I don't really like is that the pickup selector is a three way switch. I could get a luthier make a coilsplitter though, but that'd probably cost a fortune.

I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 778825 Wow man, that thing looks unbelievably awesome. I say buy. You can always send me the SG, ya know, 'cause we're such great buds and all. Consider it a favor. I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Fat chance bro. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
oohh, Dave Murray series. Fun fact, evidently that Strat he has used to belong to the guitarist of Free and was one of his main guitars. I think Dave saved up and won it at some auction or something.

Yup. Reportedly he sold everything he owned to get that guitar. I wouldn't go that far though, haha.

On a side note, I've decided that Hamer makes the sexiest Explorers out there:

I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 PB280010

These are the two Hamers the guitar player from Hell uses. On the left is a modified factory made Hamer XT explorer, and that on the right is a Hamer Standard Custom explorer. I'm seriously thinking of saving up for one of those myself, although I'd replace the Floyd with a Kahler.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:26 am

Nice, I'd definitely dump the Floyd for the Kahler too.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Get a charvel pro mods from japan that are coming by the end of this month. They are the best Deal right know. There is even the wild card model that I want to get
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:
I've decided to save my money for something better. Probably a Gibson Explorer. I've heard they're great. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

You can't go wrong with a Gibson Explorer. I have a faded model from 2008, and that is one of the best guitars I've ever played. Schecter, Jackson, BC Rich and Ibanez all pale in comparison imo.

powermacho wrote:

-no Tremolos unless they are original FLOYD ROSE which you only find on expensive guitars
- Try to Get guitars with EMG pick ups
- don't get bolt on guitars, try to find set necks

Have to disagree with you on all those points. I absolutely hate Floyds. The time it takes to set it up is simply not worth it. Gimme either a Wilkinson tremolo or just a normal TOM with stopbar any time of time. EMGs are overrated imo. Believe me, a Gibson Flying V with 496R and 500T humbuckers sounds way heavier than a Schecter Hellraiser V with active EMGs. And regarding bolt on necks, the problem is mostly that very few high end guitars have 'em. I've played on my friends Carvin Bolt-T guitar and it played wonderfully and had great sustain. Besides, bolt on necks are much easier to have fixed/fix if the neck breaks.
you are right on this one. I recently got a charvel guitar with bolt on neck, semiour duncan pick ups, and non-recessed Floyd rose. Totally diferent to what I was recomending. Now I see the benefits of bolt ons, a friend just chaned the neck of his guitar that was very unplayable. Also a non emg pick up like the simour Duncan has more versability and still has that metal sound
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:49 am

Seymour Duncans are great. The thing I don't like about EMG pickups is that they're just not suitable for things like blues. I think the pickups on Gibsons are some of the best stock pickups out there. 57 Classics are just great for just about everything.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:56 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Seymour Duncans are great. The thing I don't like about EMG pickups is that they're just not suitable for things like blues. I think the pickups on Gibsons are some of the best stock pickups out there. 57 Classics are just great for just about everything.

So what pickup do you recommend for someone that switches from blues to thrash?

I have stock passive EMG's.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:36 am

Then I'd recommend having different bridge and neck pickups (though they could sound weird combined). For metal/thrash I'd go for a Seymour Duncan SH5 or DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100 in the bridge. If you want something bluesier you'd be better off with a PAF style pickup in the neck, like a Gibson Burstbucker 1.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:00 am

I just got a Schecter Damien Elite Lefty 8-String guitar. Gonna use it for more than just Metal. I really wanna see what I come up with as far as Jazz, Blues, Eastern Indian, Latin music goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting a new guitar!   I'm getting a new guitar! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm getting a new guitar!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2