Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Guitar and amp Should I Get?

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
INVADERS
metalmaniac122
7 posters
AuthorMessage
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Empty
PostSubject: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:48 am

I just ran into a bit of money and was thinking of replacing my sh*ty old encore guitar and 10 watt amp.I only have a budget of about 370 euro for them but I'm not looking for somthing too fancy.I've been playing for about a year and am looking for a guitar thats good for metal.
What do you guys think?

(By the way im in Ireland so if it only ships to the U.S its not much good to me.)
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:54 am

Jackson, Ibanez and Dean Guitars are pretty good for Metal, but at the end of the day it is down to personal preference.

I've been a guitarist for about 17 year and I have a Dean ML, Jackson Dinky and Rhodes V and an Ibanez RG. All are pretty good Metal guitars.

As for Amps, I now use a Line 6 Spider III HD150 Head and Cab, and for practising I use the Spider II Combo amp. Both Line 6's have awesome sounds and there is no need for floorboards or effects pedals as every sounds is stored within the digital components of the Amp.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am

Jackson/guitar

Marshall/amp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:09 am

Don't be a cliche and get a guitar that says Dimebag on it or looks like something Zack Wylde has played. Go to the music store and find what is comfortable for you, not what other people like.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:47 am

i have a dean ml shape. it was three hundred pounds but it is pretty poor quality and sound so i am not a big fan of dean anymore. looks awesome though
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:07 pm

Go to the pawn shop & find a Jackson
Go to the other side of the pawn shop & find an old Ampeg.
Use whatever is left to fix them up the way you want them.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Well i live and die with my Ibanez. I use the Line 6 amps as well and they are the best on the market for the value that they have. If you want to hear what the combo sounds like i have tons of riffs in the riffing game and the guitarist thread.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:43 am

I like Gibson, Fender, Jackson, Ovation, and Ibanez. Each brand has something cool and unique about it. The thing is to find one that really feels good in your hands and sounds good in your ears. There may be two of the same brand, model, and color hanging on the wall next to each other but when you pick it up they may not feel or sound the same to you. You rarely get the right one the first time but as time goes by you learn more of what it is you like and don't like.

As far as amps go, I like Crate, and Marshall.

Buying and collecting instruments is an ongoing part of a musician's life, it will likely change as you develop in skill and styles.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:51 pm

im not one of those ppl that believe in the feel of the guitar even tho i understand where those ppl are coming from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:05 am

Don't get a Behringer. Tone sucks, weighs 5000 pounds, toggle switch does absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:22 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm

So, did you buy one yet?
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm just after ordering a Line 6 Spider III amp a Jackson JS30DK GMG guitar off thomann. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Guitar and amp Should I Get?   What Guitar and amp Should I Get? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Guitar and amp Should I Get?
Page 1 of 1