Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin

Go down 
+20
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
Eyesore
ultmetal
DallasBlack
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Am I Evil?
rattpoison
James B.
tohostudios
mc666
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Shiney
Troublezone
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:25 am

"I Saw Red" is a great song.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:12 am

If they made a whole album of songs like UT'sC it would have ruled.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:41 am

Waylon wrote:
A video I took when Shiney and I saw Warrant (I Saw Red). ENJOY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkVIkNd0FmA

Nice!!!! Was that from the M3 last year?

Cherry Pie - to me, it sounds like a semi-rip off of "Pour Some Sugar On Me". Jani was totally listening to that song when her wrote Cherry Pie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 pm

I love their cover of Train, Train, they are really into it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm

jstate wrote:
I think the bigger mistake with the song Cherry Pie was the video.

You kidding? That is one of the greatest rock videos ever made. Guys spraying a hot chick with firehoses, and a piece of cherry pie falling repeatedly in her lap. Nah, there's no symbolism there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:10 pm

I think Uncle Tom's Cabin is one of the best music videos ever made. It's like a mini movie and the music is great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Cherry Pie - to me, it sounds like a semi-rip off of "Pour Some Sugar On Me". Jani was totally listening to that song when her wrote Cherry Pie.

Jani has said on one of VH1's countdown shows (possibly "100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs," I don't remember which one now) that when the record company demanded a "single" for the album, their directive was to write a song similar to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" or "Love in an Elevator"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:57 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Waylon wrote:

No, that was from the Clearfield County Fair summer of 2008, when Jani was back in the band again... for a short while... before he was FIRED again.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Well, the first time that I saw you, I could not say a word, my tongue was tied, tied in knots, and I felt so disturbed.....

one of my favorites by Warrant, that one stays with you, you'll be hearing it in your sleep, be careful, Warrant is addicting.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Waylon wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Waylon wrote:

No, that was from the Clearfield County Fair summer of 2008, when Jani was back in the band again... for a short while... before he was FIRED again.

Ahhhh - cool. I read they have a WARRANT out for his arrest for skipping court dates.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 pm

OK, so I actually enjoyed Cherry Pie and Dog Eat Dog. I figured I would give the debut another listen and see if I find something to like about it. It's actually not as bad as I remember it, but it's still far to slickly produced and full of sickening, wretched radio ballads. Dog Eat Dog is so far superior to the debut. It's really a shame it was ignored while they keyboard saturated debut sparked three hit singles.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:35 pm

A couple of interesting facts about the debut, firstly from what i've heard Warrant didn't actually write the song Heaven.Warrant ended up using the song and the perso who originally wrote it sued the band members years later. Also the first 25,000 copies of the debut had a different version of Heaven that was distinctly less radio-friendly, but after eaven became an unexpected hit, it was subsequnetly remixed and that version replaced the original one on all future copies of the debut. And I do actually like that song for the record, i'm just a sucker for sappy 80s radio-freindly ballads Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
If they made a whole album of songs like UT'sC it would have ruled.

That's like asking DREAM THEATER to write more than one "Pull Me Under".

It was almost a fluke apparently.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
A couple of interesting facts about the debut, firstly from what i've heard Warrant didn't actually write the song Heaven.Warrant ended up using the song and the perso who originally wrote it sued the band members years later. Also the first 25,000 copies of the debut had a different version of Heaven that was distinctly less radio-friendly, but after eaven became an unexpected hit, it was subsequnetly remixed and that version replaced the original one on all future copies of the debut. And I do actually like that song for the record, i'm just a sucker for sappy 80s radio-freindly ballads Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Lol

That's interesting.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:36 pm

I have always noticed the sound quality on DRFSR sucks compared to Warrant's other albums. Their 1st just seems to have a low volume, and "muffled".
I like the songs, just know bad sound quality when I hear it.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:29 am

TheNazgul wrote:
I love their cover of Train, Train, they are really into it.
I love that one and Mr. Rainmaker. Those 2 tracks were always quite underrated and underplayed, IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've often thought about re-visitnig the Dog Eat Dog album, but never got around to it. Had it on tape, as a new release no less, but didn't care much for it and never bothered to upgrade.

Well, I scored a cheap copy of Dog Eat Dog ($.66 cents to be exact) and I'm enjoying it much more than I remember. I guess at the time I originally purchased this one, they were trying to toughen up their image and sound and it just didin't jive with me. I was probably getting out of the whole hair/glam era as well and moving onto other, heavier music. Not a bad album at all. Money well spent.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm

So would you say "Dog Eat Dog" was to Warrant that "Slave to the Grind" was to Skid Row?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:47 pm

I can agree with that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 am

Troublezone wrote:
So would you say "Dog Eat Dog" was to Warrant that "Slave to the Grind" was to Skid Row?

You know, I never thought of it like that, but I guess I could see the progression. Maybe Warrant wanted to shake off the white leather/Cherry Pie/sappy ballad image a bit? Dog Eat Dog is still melodic hard rock, but maybe not a polished as Cherry Pie. It would be the next album Ultraphobic where they tried to "grunge it up" to sound current.

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:45 am

And Ultraphobic failed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:50 am

TheNazgul wrote:
And Ultraphobic failed.

Big time. I never owned that one either, but I remember one of my old roommates had it. Tough time to be a "feel good hair metal" band in the time of combat boots and flannel shirts. Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_cool

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Yes! Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3