Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin

Go down 
+20
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
Eyesore
ultmetal
DallasBlack
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Am I Evil?
rattpoison
James B.
tohostudios
mc666
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Shiney
Troublezone
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:20 pm

I've been a long time fan. Seen 'em live a few times too over the years. As I've gotten older and jettisoned allot of my old hair/glam metal stuff, Warrant is still one that get regular spins from me.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:17 am

The guitar players are pretty good in Warrant, especially Joey Allen.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:00 pm

I've always loved this song, and I remember being shocked at the time that a Warrant song could be that heavy. I've never owned one of their albums, but I always thought that I might pick "Cherry Pie" up in the hopes that there might be another couple songs that are as good.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Absolutely my favorite Warrant song (Mr. Rainmaker is #2) and one of my fave songs of all time. Living in New England I find the Tom Brady part amusing. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 am

Great song indeed. I love Warrant's gretest hits and Dog Eat Dog (both regulars on my playlists).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:08 pm

I've become a Warrant fan in the last month. The debut still hasn't really hit me, but Dog Eat Dog and Cherry Pie are fantastic. Dog Eat Dog in particular is a GREAT album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 pm

I've often thought about re-visitnig the Dog Eat Dog album, but never got around to it. Had it on tape, as a new release no less, but didn't care much for it and never bothered to upgrade.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 pm

You can get it ultra cheap on Amazon. It's worth checking out again IMO.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Dog Eat Dog is one of the greatest melodic hard rock albums ever IMO. Glad you like it and look forward for a review on NLTM next time. If they were known more for this album than Cherry Pie, doubtless Janie Lane probably wouldn't be so bitter these days and Warrant wouldn't be the butt of so many jokes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
You can get it ultra cheap on Amazon. It's worth checking out again IMO.

I'll put it on the list, but it's not a priority. A few tracks appeared on a best of cd I own. That'll have to suffice for awhile.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:19 am

Definitely a band much better than that which it is known for (i.e. "Cherry Pie").

God, I hate this R.I.P. forum. Haha.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:21 am

I remember reading somewhere about the band almost regretting recording Cherry Pie because it's what they are most known for and they claim is not a good representation of who and what they are.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 am

ultmetal wrote:
I remember reading somewhere about the band almost regretting recording Cherry Pie because it's what they are most known for and they claim is not a good representation of who and what they are.

Yep, Jani Lane has said he wishes they were know for "Uncle Tom's Cabin" rather than Cherry Pie. But, then he said it was OK because all the money he made of Cherry Pie (the song).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:13 am

thejokeriv wrote:

But, then he said it was OK because all the money he made of Cherry Pie (the song).

Too bad he has given most of that $$ to the Jack Daniels distillery over the years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 am

ultmetal wrote:

Yeah,I've seen interviews with Jani saying He feels like killing himself everytime He thinks about writing that song.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

But, then he said it was OK because all the money he made of Cherry Pie (the song).

Too bad he has given most of that $$ to the Jack Daniels distillery over the years.

LMAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:08 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yeah,I've seen interviews with Jani saying He feels like killing himself everytime He thinks about writing that song.

He hates that song...always has. That album was finished and called Uncle Tom's Cabin...then the label made him "write a song like "Love In An Elevator"...". He wrote it thinking they'd hate it...he was wrong.

Anyway, Warrant (Jani especially) is massively underrated. He's a great singer, a great writer (look at the writing credits for those first 3 albums...you pretty much only see his name)...all 3 of those albums had some great songs on them...especially Dog Eat Dog...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:37 am

I like those first three albums a lot, some great songs that weren't on the radio. When I first listened to DED I waited for everyone to find how great it was but it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 am

One of Warrants best songs was cut from Cherry pie.Thin Diguise-check it out sometime.Its on their Greatest Hits album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
One of Warrants best songs was cut from Cherry pie.Thin Diguise-check it out sometime.Its on their Greatest Hits album.

Yup, listen to this man. He speaketh the truth.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Yup, listen to this man. He speaketh the truth.

"It's a thin disguise
Living our lives
Behind a thin disguise
One of these days
If I got the time
I'll show you what I'm like
On the inside"

Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:27 pm

I think the bigger mistake with the song Cherry Pie was the video. To me that was where most of the damage was done from a creative standpoint. Such a shame too, cause that is one really good record without the title track. What a catch-22 it turned out to be - big hit and money only to never be taken seriously again by the masses. I suppose the musical tide had already started to turn - but I could never figure out how "I Saw Red" didn't become an equally big hit.

I may have to try and find a cheap copy of their Greatest Hits for that song.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 pm

"Cherry Pie," despite the cheese, is a kick-ass song. Yeah, it's a shame that song overshadowed everything else they did—and do—but it's a great song.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 pm

cool song. Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 11840 many a 'hair metal' band had their moment(s), and then there would be a flood of cheese otherwise..So many inconsistent records..
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 am

A video I took when Shiney and I saw Warrant (I Saw Red). ENJOY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkVIkNd0FmA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin   Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next