Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!

Go down 
+7
biddle
Rex
Fat Freddy
Cliffy
kmorg
Thrasher73
ultmetal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!   SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:15 pm

Not sure of a release date yet. As soon as I know, I'll post it. I will say that the new version kicks the old version's arse! 🤘

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!   SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks Trog! It MIGHT change a little though. As I was working on the reissue of "In the Battle" I made a different version of the logo and Rich now wants me to put that one on here.....but I don't want to. I'll do whatever Matt at Retro tells me to do though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!   SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Oh please, please, please don't put that metal logo on this cover. It just doesn't fit. Tell Matt you think it's a bad idea.

PostSubject: Re: SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!   SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:59 am

The packaging is kick ass on this release. Rex did a great job. I just don't like the addition of "2.0" to the packaging.

Along with Hell Blade it seems that this album doesn't appeal to me much. The songwriting just isn't solid on either release. I thought that I was just disappointed with CSE because Josh Kramer didn't sing all the vocals, but alas, I think the material itself just doesn't appeal to me.

BTW, was this supposed to sound better or were the vocals changed only? Because this album still sounds muffled and blah to me. Strike Two!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!   SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 6:05 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
The packaging is kick ass on this release. Rex did a great job. I just don't like the addition of "2.0" to the packaging.

Along with Hell Blade it seems that this album doesn't appeal to me much. The songwriting just isn't solid on either release. I thought that I was just disappointed with CSE because Josh Kramer didn't sing all the vocals, but alas, I think the material itself just doesn't appeal to me.

BTW, was this supposed to sound better or were the vocals changed only? Because this album still sounds muffled and blah to me. Strike Two!

I don't know what, if anything, was re-recorded other than the vocals. It was all remixed and remastered. Cliffy mastered the album. He tried to keep that classic 70's sound to the album. He and I went round and round on that one as he would send me a mix and I'd make some comments on it. It was a hard one to master as it does not have the dynamics of a more modern mix. I still think it's a great traditional metal CD. Not sure why you wouldn't like it. The songwriting isn't much different from the 80's material.

I like the new cover art a lot.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!   SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:57 am

Listening to CSE 2.0 as we speak. It's not as amazing as Hell Blade, but I'm definitely digging it. The vocals aren't really clear though, that kinda bothers me, and the whole mix is kinda muddy. It would be sooo much better if the production values were as good as on Hell Blade. It's much, much, much better than The Mark though, which is the only Saint album I really don't like.

The packaging is perfect though, and the cover is great. The layout is the best I've ever seen from Retroactive. A jewelcase with a nice thick booklet would be the best, but for a digipak it's pretty damn good!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!   SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:18 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
The packaging is perfect though, and the cover is great. The layout is the best I've ever seen from Retroactive. A jewelcase with a nice thick booklet would be the best, but for a digipak it's pretty damn good!

Wow, thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!   SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAINT - Crime Scene Earth REISSUE!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2