Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Souls at Zero or Pantera?

Go down 
+14
nevermore
jstate
James B.
sam
sheets
Temple of Blood
mc666
Stender
Troublezone
Leatherface
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
fingers
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:29 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I remember reading a magazine article about S.A.Z. years ago where the writer cruelly referred to them as "Sales At Zero" Laughing very hard

lol!

If you want to sell records you have to tour a lot and that is something Pantera specialized in back in the day.

Pantera were also on a major label that gave a sh*t about them and were constantly pushing them... when S.A.Z. were still known as Wrathchild America, they may have been on a major label (Atlantic) but they were definitely not a "priority" band for them, they were on the back burner... then after the name change to S.A.Z. they moved to a small indie label with no promotional power... so they were pretty much screwed from the git-go.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:37 pm

CFH was a good album but like many have said, Phil discovered he was celebrity and started to create this image that seemed awkward at times. They had the talent but they seemed to settle for just being angry though it did sell.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Why does everyone view Pantera as the "Be All End All" of metal?

I wonder this very same thing all the time.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:31 pm

nevermore wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Why does everyone view Pantera as the "Be All End All" of metal?

I wonder this very same thing all the time.

I can understand that more than saying they are worse than some D-rate band.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Well they are worse than any D-rate band.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I don't see how.

Individually they are better players than the guys in SaZ and their songs are much better.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Lurideath wrote:

HERESY!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Quote :
HERESY!

HEARING LOSS!
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:47 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
HERESY!

HEARING LOSS!

NO WAI!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:55 am

detuned wrote:
...of course as I sit here now I'm thinking...why are we comparing Souls At Zero and Pantera? They aren't remotely similar.

That sums it up for me. While I'm only vaguely familiar with Souls at Zero, I'd never think to compare them to Pantera. It's really apples and oranges.

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:57 am

Have you ever compared apples and oranges? Apples obviously rock much harder. Oranges just settle for being AOR.

Last edited by TheNazgul on Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:09 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Have you ever compared apples and oranges. Apples obviously rock much harder. Oranges just settle for being AOR.

Check out navel oranges. Sexy!

Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:37 pm

no decision necessary..they toured together (cowboys & idiots tour)..was the best of both worlds! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:35 pm

vanillaviking wrote:
no decision necessary..they toured together (cowboys & idiots tour)..was the best of both worlds! Razz

That tour was the first time I had seen Pantera. It was basically a dual-headlining gig, when i saw them Wrathchild closed the show.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
In my recollection, PANTERA were about 100 billion times better than SaZ.

Bullseye... More memorable and it was just metal. When Pantera was going they were a top notch amazing band with amazing songwriting and musicianship.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:07 pm

detuned wrote:
vanillaviking wrote:

That tour was the first time I had seen Pantera. It was basically a dual-headlining gig, when i saw them Wrathchild closed the show.

wow! i didn't know or didn't remember them swapping back & forth like that--pretty impressive! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Souls at Zero or Pantera?   Souls at Zero or Pantera? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Souls at Zero or Pantera?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2