Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD

Go down 
+29
Cognitive Dissonance
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
Eyesore
stepcousin
ohwellmonkey
Nico
Wurthless
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
metalhead777
dark avenger
stormspell
Troublezone
adrian
Alex Dee Rokket
metalken
tohostudios
Lurideath
DallasBlack
manny
The_Jayroh
mc666
Vexer6
MetalH
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
KaosAntix
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD
Pantera
Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Vote_lcap91%Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Vote_rcap
 91% [ 31 ]
Lamb Of GoD
Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Vote_lcap9%Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
KaosAntix
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Empty
PostSubject: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Think this topic needs more opinions, sorry If I went the wrong way about bringing it back to attenton.

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t12134-pantera-vs-lamb-of-god
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:29 pm

PANTERA.

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Mate and I were having a few beers, and I asked... Pantera or Lamb of God? My question was quickly dismissed, then I couldn't figure out who I would say is "better" Thought I'd ask Google what it thought...Which led me here, after reading all the comments I had to register to throw in my two cents...

I love both bands, IMO each band has it's stronger and weaker points..

I was 12 years old when a friend gave me his Vulgar Display of Power CD to listen to, 12 years later I can still rage to that same album, every song..loving it like it was brand new. That is pretty rare if you ask me, and not to mention all the other epic albums they put out.
Pantera have put out a fuckload of really epic songs each one unique from the next, you all know these songs..you've all smashed smurf poo the Smurf up to these songs, years on end. I have never gotten sick of Pantera, and without a doubt made a smurfing huge impact on the metal genre.. LEGENDS.

Lamb of God are also one of my favorite metal bands, but I believe this is a David and Goliath story, Pantera revolutionized therefore anything following them had to be smurfing amazing, LOG not forming till 13 years after Pantera did.
I can't believe all the comments against LOG frontman.. I've always thought his screamo to be smurfing powerful smurf poo, but that could be just personal preference, he doesn't have the range like say, Phil Anselmo does... But he's smurfing good at what he does IMO.

Summary, I don't really think It's fair to be compared to (IMO) one of the greatest metal bands that probably will ever exist... But

I thrash LOG and I get over it eventually and have to give it a break for a while...

But Pantera just does't get old, Any mood you are in..There is a song for it, Pioneers of Metal on crack, and always will be.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm gonna be lazy and copy/paste my response from the last time out:

Quote :
I haven't liked any post-COWBOYS FROM HELL Pantera, but I never liked Lamb of God at all. So Pantera gets it by default.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:35 pm

KaosAntix wrote:
I've always thought his screamo to be smurfing powerful smurf poo...

Haha! Classic. I love the cuss filter here. lol!

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
KaosAntix wrote:
I've always thought his screamo to be smurfing powerful smurf poo...

Haha! Classic. I love the cuss filter here. lol!

Hahaha, when I wrote It there was a lot of power behind my words... After posting It I reread It and just cracked the Smurf up haha
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Easiest poll ever!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 pm

So easy..........

PANTERA
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Lamb Of God, Phil Anselmo's voice just grates on my nerves most of the time.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:34 pm

i'm not all that invested in either of them.

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:45 pm

I think Lamb of God would vote Pantera on this poll. Lamb of God don't suck, but Pantera obviously had a huge influence on them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
KaosAntix
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:22 pm

The_Jayroh wrote:
I think Lamb of God would vote Pantera on this poll. Lamb of God don't suck, but Pantera obviously had a huge influence on them.

Exactly mate, a lot of people jump straight to " They just ripped them off"

Best answer yet.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KaosAntix
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:23 pm

mc666 wrote:

1. That doesn't really make sense...
2. Why even post in here then? Just saying
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:30 pm

This is no contest Pantera, Dimebag was one of the best guitarist of his generation.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:32 pm

KaosAntix wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Cause he's the MC! headbanger

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Pantera though only up to Far Beyond Driven.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
KaosAntix
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:43 pm

manny wrote:
This is no contest Pantera, Dimebag was one of the best guitarist of his generation.

Yeah for sure man, I love how inventive and unique he was.. That's what really separates the gods from the dogs.

Smurf Smurf Smurf Smurf Sailboat slut
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Neither. Both are equally terrible!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:03 pm

KaosAntix wrote:
mc666 wrote:

1.) "ass-sphincter-says-what?"
2.) if i only posted in threads about bands i love, i'd only post here once or twice a year.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:05 pm

mc666 wrote:
KaosAntix wrote:
mc666 wrote:

1.) "ass-sphincter-says-what?"
2.) if i only posted in threads about bands i love, i'd only post here once or twice a year.

lol!

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:20 pm

I have to go with Pantera by default. I am not into either bands, but I do know more Pantera songs than LOG songs.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Although I like both bands, this poll is a no contest - Pantera all the way.

LoG is derivative of 90s post-Cowboys Pantera. In other words, if Pantera had not been commercially successful in the early 90s, neither Lamb of God nor the majority of today's metalcore bands would have existed.

That is not to say that LoG has no merit - far from it. Ashes of The Wake is a phenomenal album and imo easily rivals some of the European counterparts like the Haunted's first 3 albums. Sacrement is good too but perhaps a bit too simplistic at times. I am not very familiar with Wrath but I may change that soon.

This poll question is similar to asking whether Primal Fear is better than Judas Priest. Again, no contest and the reason is that these newer bands, whether they be metalcore or power metal exist in the shadow of the pioneering bands. Both Pantera and Judas Priest are widely influential bands as their impact on heavy music spans over several generation of bands.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:18 pm

To be honest I'm not a fan of either band. I did like that Overkill song Skull and Bones though as far as Lamb of God goes
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:02 am

Pantera. (no contest)

Phil used to be a good singer, but that LoG guy always sucked. He couldn't sing if he tried... Also Dimebag could do more as a single player than both of those LoG guys together. LoG just took the more annoying attributes of latter-day Pantera and made a career from it.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:26 am

Lurideath wrote:
Neither. Both are equally terrible!

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD   Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera VS Lamb Of GoD
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next