Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

80s pantera myspace

Go down 
+10
James B.
metalheaded
sam
the sentinel
Lurideath
nevermore
Fat Freddy
325ad
Troublezone
fingers
14 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

80s pantera myspace Empty
PostSubject: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 am

check out this Pantera myspace it has a smurf poo load of never before seen photos of Pantera in the 80s when Phil had a fat mullet LOL lol! . Dimebag with the poodle hair go and check it out http://www.myspace.com/80spantera

Last edited by fingers on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:08 am

Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 am

The "I am the Night Days"! Nice, remember going to a private party with these guys and Ron Keel back in the day. LOL
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:01 pm

325ad wrote:
The "I am the Night Days"! Nice, remember going to a private party with these guys and Ron Keel back in the day. LOL

Anything funny happen at the party?
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
325ad wrote:

Not that I remember, Some nudity, typical party type stuff. It was funny because when the "Cowboys from Hell" persona came along a few of us remembered "Pantera" as these guys! LOL
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 pm

325ad wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
325ad wrote:

Not that I remember, Some nudity, typical party type stuff. It was funny because when the "Cowboys from Hell" persona came along a few of us remembered "Pantera" as these guys! LOL

And then they were Vulgar Display "tough". Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 pm

I prefer this version of Pantera over the "Vulgar Display of Screamy Tough Guy Crap" era.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:40 pm

I think that the Power Metal album should get re-issued.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Just as lame as they looked after they took off the girly stuff! Lame band!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 pm

I love Anselmo's "Kentucky Waterfall" haircut! Laughing Fear the Mullet!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:40 pm

Funny stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:37 am

nevermore wrote:

I agree even though i scored the original recently off amazon. It could use a remaster.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:39 am

Lurideath wrote:
Just as lame as they looked after they took off the girly stuff! Lame band!

I can see how a fan of "german thrash" wouldn't like them but they are far from lame.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:41 am

Doesn't look like Phil had a mullet to me. A mullet was when your hair was long in the back and short everywhere else. His hair was long all over and pushed over to one side. That's not a mullet.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:29 pm

I remember enjoying the Dallas / FT. Worth club scene in the early to mid 80's. They had Pantera, Sweet Savage, Warlock, Rip Laff, Penduluim, Rigor Mortis, The Molly Mc Guires, and my personal favorite Battalion.

Of course, the glam look was silly. The biggest shame is that Phil could sing. I wish my "projects in the jungle" jersey still fit. Laughing very hard My oldest offspring wears it all the time. She likes the fact that "old shool" Pantera sounds alot like Def Leppard. Being that a band I was in shared the stage with Pantera quite a few times at The Bronco Bowl in Dallas, Savvy's in Ft. Worth, and the infamous Rascal's at the river bottom in Arlington, I consider them a band of talented musicians who had great stage presence but failed in the originality dept. I only saw them once with Phil before "Cowboys" and they hadn't even wrote anything for "Power metal" yet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:59 pm

nevermore wrote:

As do I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Quote :
I only saw them once with Phil before "Cowboys" and they hadn't even wrote anything for "Power metal" yet.

How did it sound with Phil doing the vocals on those songs? Did you ever see Razor White when Phil was with them?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:21 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I only saw them once with Phil before "Cowboys" and they hadn't even wrote anything for "Power metal" yet.

How did it sound with Phil doing the vocals on those songs? Did you ever see Razor White when Phil was with them?

I guess the song "Down Below" which was redone on "Power Metal" pretty much sums it up ? He was the second guy after Terry split. As for Razor White, they were from New Orleans and we only drove through there after leaving Houston and heading for Florida. Terrible club scene there if I recall, the money wasn't worth stopping to play.

I just remembered that I saw them in El Lay at Concrete Foundation Forum before "Cowboys" was released, though they did songs from it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:27 am

Yeah, I read some setlists they did before Cowboys was released had some CFH era songs. I even read that some setlists around the time CFH was released, some songs from Power Metal were still in the setlist. However, as we all know, some time in between CFH and VDOP, they seemed to disavow any existence of their 80s work altogether, and started saying CFH was their debut album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:31 am

I still kick myself for missing a Pantera show in my area when they were just getting COWBOYS off the ground. They played at this rathole club called "World Stage" just over the NY State border from me in Spring Valley. At the time I had only seen the video for "Cowboys From Hell" on MTV and had said to my bro when I heard about the show "Hey, these guys are supposed to be pretty good, maybe we should check them out," but for whatever reason we didn't go to the show.

We saw the Ramones at the same club a couple of weeks later and half the kids at that show were all wearing Pantera shirts they'd bought at that gig and talking about how they were the best live band they'd ever seen. From the videos I've seen of the band during that era, I believe it. They were ON FIRE back then. Oh well. It would've been a cool "We knew'em when" story. I betcha there were probably still some POWER METAL songs in their set list at that point too. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:17 pm

I remember when that guy had that Pantera sucks site about these albums, that was some pretty funny smurf poo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:45 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I remember when that guy had that Pantera sucks site about these albums, that was some pretty funny smurf poo.

I remember that site.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Unlike many fans, I actually enjoy listening to this era of Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I still kick myself for missing a Pantera show in my area when they were just getting COWBOYS off the ground. They played at this rathole club called "World Stage" just over the NY State border from me in Spring Valley. At the time I had only seen the video for "Cowboys From Hell" on MTV and had said to my bro when I heard about the show "Hey, these guys are supposed to be pretty good, maybe we should check them out," but for whatever reason we didn't go to the show.

We saw the Ramones at the same club a couple of weeks later and half the kids at that show were all wearing Pantera shirts they'd bought at that gig and talking about how they were the best live band they'd ever seen. From the videos I've seen of the band during that era, I believe it. They were ON FIRE back then. Oh well. It would've been a cool "We knew'em when" story. I betcha there were probably still some POWER METAL songs in their set list at that point too. Sad

I actually became a fan after a guy from school let me borrow the 1st Pantera home video and the band was intense live and fun offstage. Too bad they couldn't have stayed the same for a few more albums.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Great site!

PostSubject: Re: 80s pantera myspace   80s pantera myspace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80s pantera myspace
Page 1 of 1