Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Locked in Chains!!!!

Go down 
+21
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
mc666
nevermore
sam
akeldama
XYZ
Stender
libertynjustice
metalinmyveins
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
Dave the Boss
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
BillRoxx
powermacho
DeathCult
kmorg
ultmetal
biddle
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

Locked in Chains!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 am

I just heard an early mix of Locked in chains from the new Ultimatium CD! HOLY COW!!!!! If this is only an early mix then the final mix is going to rip off your skulls!!! This is vicious!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:00 am

Glad you liked it Mike. 🤘

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:35 am

Crankin' this tune to 11 myself! 🤘

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Why don't just make 10 louder?

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Because its 11, its one louder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
because these go to 11 lol!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:35 am

Scott,

That song totally rips! and that is an early demo!!! This CD is going to kick butt! I have to confess I have not heard the original Moshketeers version but I may have to search it out now!

Although I am sure the Ultimatum version probably has a lot better production then the original!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:22 am

Ah, that's why it sounded familiar, but new, at the same time Very Happy

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:14 am

Yes, the production is much cleaner on our version. The original version was recorded back in the late 80's and was only ever released as a cassette demo. We kept the song pretty close to the original but just added our own flare. We added in some extra guitar solos, double bass, a bass solo, and of course I sang the song in my own style. We didn't take too many liberties with the song, but I think it sounds like Ultimatum, not like Ultimatum trying to copy someone else. Hopefully the whole CD will sound like that, although many of the other songs will be much more familiar to people.

The Moshketeers were a great band. It's a shame they were never offered the opportunity to record for proper label back in the 80's and early 90's. Rumor was that they almost signed with Intense Records, back when that was the label to be on. I don't know what happened, but basically the deal fell through.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:09 pm

This song is sick bro. LOVE IT!

I REALLY like the guitar work and the drums......wow, seem more brutal than you guys have ever had. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:49 pm

So where is everybody hearing this rough mix anyway?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Should be up on our MySpace by now, I think.
www.myspace.com/ultimatummetal

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Should be up on our MySpace by now, I think.

Cool, thanx. Will have to check it out later @ home... no speakers on my work PC....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Don't see anything on the myspace page. Is it supposed to be available on the myspace player or something?

By the way, that sleeve for the new CD is awesome! I would've bought is purely because of the cover, haha.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:23 pm

I just spoke to Robert. He said he'll have the song on MySpace by tonight.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Nothin' on the MySpace yet... oh well... I'll check back tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:00 am

The song freakin' RIPS! I recognized it from The Moshketeers, but could tell things had been added a bit, and that the tempo had been kicked up a notch or two. Man, you guys are gonna KILL those covers!!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Nothin' on the MySpace yet... oh well... I'll check back tomorrow.

It's there now.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Sneak Peak Ultimatum track...   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:42 pm

We've posted a sneak peak to the new Ultimatum CD on our MySpace. This is a pre-production mix.
www.myspace.com/ultimatummetal
Let us know what you think. The song is called "Locked in Chains".

As usual, MySpace songs are of questionable quality so also check out fishingd's radio show to hear a sneak peak.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:08 pm

turned it up to 11. I think a note of loud noise will be on the door later from the owner of the house lol!

Wow what a great song. I wasn't expecting it to be this good, my jaws are on the floor Locked in Chains!!!! 795291
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:11 pm

I like it Scott. I just hope the drums don't sound like that when the final product is out.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Scott, I've never been to your website before. I enjoyed the demo very much. I happened to be perusing through the web page, and I noticed your ad for the 2nd guitarist. There are some glaring misspelled words.

They are:

Rhythm (misspelled twice) (you had it spelled rythm)
Necessary (you had it spelled neccesary)
Alcoholics (you had it spelled alcaholics)
Equipment (you had it spelled equiptment)
Correspondence (you had it spelled corrospondence)

Sunday should also be capitalized.

I would also either number each thing that is important, or use : before each request.

You guys kick ass, so I just would like to see your ad be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
libertynjustice
Metal novice
Metal novice
libertynjustice

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: :)   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:13 pm

hey scott..I like alot
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:52 pm

sounds good. I bet that was a trip for Alan to play an old Moshketeers song after all these years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:34 pm

I just tried to listen to "Locked in Chains" and it tells me that song is "currently not available" ... ????

*EDIT* OK, never mind I just refreshed the page and it's playing now... (Geez, I frickin hate MySpace... hahaha)... sounds pretty killer. I'm not familiar with the original Moshketeers version but I'm diggin the Ult take on it! 🤘

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locked in Chains!!!!   Locked in Chains!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locked in Chains!!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next