Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Locked threads

Go down 
+6
exact33
thejokeriv
James B.
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
10 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:10 am

Had nothing to do this evening so I decided to check out the locked threads of ancient days. You guys have really had some fun moments around here.  Laughing My favorite so far has to be when Luke Easter popped up. Well handled, GrandNational. Anyway, funny stuff!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 12:11 pm

There's a fine line between letting a thread go too far, and shutting it down just as it hits its peak of unintentional comedy. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:17 pm

They let things progress further here than most other boards and STILL civility rules the day for the most part.  I've been a "short for Richard" at times, but have mellowed out in my old age.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:53 pm

James B. wrote:
They let things progress further here than most other boards and STILL civility rules the day for the most part.  I've been a "short for Richard" at times, but have mellowed out in my old age.

Rick?????
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:

Rick?????
 Nope but it rhymes with Rick

Think Mr. Betts from Allman Brothers Band

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:20 pm

"Richard Cranium"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 pm

James don't be a Richard Nixon.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:54 pm

According to some, all we do is lock threads Smile

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:07 pm

The ones I saw pretty much came to a head at some point and were closed at the appropriate time, like the CRM thread (so that's what went down). Lord knows I've been involved in a couple...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Sometimes the threads need to go on a bit longer.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
There's a fine line between letting a thread go too far, and shutting it down just as it hits its peak of unintentional comedy. Very Happy

Its an art form  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Addy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Its an art form  Very Happy 

Razz 

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 1:00 pm

That's what you get when you have a group of people with many different opinions and passions. Luckily most of us are respectable towards each other's opinions and interests (though it might frustrate us at times Wink) and those who haven't, have gotten booted outta here. Some threads might have gotten locked prematurely, but in retrospect, I'm kind of glad they did. Good rule of thumb, stay away from religion and ESPECIALLY politics. Oh, and what is and what isn't metal Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:10 am

Ol Luke Easter,where's he been lately? Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Locked threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked threads   Locked threads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locked threads
Page 1 of 1