Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Alice in Chains

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
nevermore
Glower
manny
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Alice in Chains Empty
PostSubject: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 12:50 pm

'The One You Know'. First single from the yet-untitled upcoming album due later this summer.

I dig it. I hope this album is better than the last one though. The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here was a bit of a snoozer.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 1:00 pm

A pretty decent song from Jerry in Chains. I hope this album is more like the excellent BGWTB. I didn't care for the last one... (Devil Put Dinosaurs)

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri May 04, 2018 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 1:03 pm

I liked these guys back in the day but haven't really given them the time of day recently. That's actually a pretty good tune.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 1:04 pm

Looking forward to the newest album
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 1:13 pm

007 wrote:
I liked these guys back in the day but haven't really given them the time of day recently. That's actually a pretty good tune.

I was a big fan of their first two albums (especially Facelift), but by the time they made their final album with Layne, I lost interest...

I really like their comeback album BGWTB.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 4:27 pm

I have Facelift - in my car. Very strong release.
So one day, I parked my car, went inside to the computer, EBay,
And bought the book “The untold story “ - I have to know how it all began for them.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 9:46 pm

I'm liking the new song. I'm hoping the new album is better than their last one.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 1:45 am

Pretty good tune. I like most everything they've done to some degree. That being said, I don't think they'll ever top Dirt.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Bump for update...Rainier Fog coming August 24th

New Alice in Chains Aiceinchainsrainierfogcd
01. The One You Know
02. Rainier Fog
03. Red Giant
04. Fly
05. Drone
06. Deaf Ears Blind Eyes
07. Maybe
08. So Far Under
09. Never Fade
10. All I Am

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:26 pm

Wow is that track boring, at least to me.  It does sound like AiC though but geez that's a slog to listen to IMO.

EDIT: And I just listened to that first track posted in this thread and I have the same reaction.  It's like "stoner/grunge".  Listen to something like "Man In A Box" and it has a pulse.  These two tracks just sound like AiC on quaaludes.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 pm

I'm sick of the illumi-naughty "eye" imagery on almost every album that comes out. Bands no longer have creative control... The so-called elite shot callers make all popular bands use it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Ok, I pretty much agree with that but what's your opinion of the music?

I can overlook a lot of bad/boring/stupid album art if the music is worth it but in this case I'm not hearing anything that is.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Ok, I pretty much agree with that but what's your opinion of the music?

I can overlook a lot of bad/boring/stupid album art if the music is worth it but in this case I'm not hearing anything that is.

Idk yet... I need to hear the full album. But from what I've heard, it sounds better than the last one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:08 am

I like the post-Staley albums, and I like these two news songs, but they have more in common with doom than grunge these days. They don't have any uptempo songs anymore. Everything is slow- to mid-paced. Even the few songs that are a bit faster, like "Phantom Limb," seem slow because the vocals are drawn out.

So yeah, good albums for sure, but definitely not the first ones I reach for when it comes to Alice In Chains.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
I like the post-Staley albums, and I like these two news songs, but they have more in common with doom than grunge these days. They don't have any uptempo songs anymore. Everything is slow- to mid-paced. Even the few songs that are a bit faster, like "Phantom Limb," seem slow because the vocals are drawn out.

So yeah, good albums for sure, but definitely not the first ones I reach for when it comes to Alice In Chains.

It all just sounds like rehashed Degradation Trip songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:44 am

Eyesore wrote:

Yea, they definitely need to throw in some uptempo songs into this album. My main criticism of the last album was that it was too slow and sleepy. Jerry forgot how to ROCK!! Break out of that "grunge/sludge" mentality for a few songs.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 am

Only own facelift. I need to give this band a chance.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 pm

New solo Jerry.

Pretty great tune!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:40 am

I've been pleasantly surprised with the Rainier Fog album. I wasn't overly impressed with the singles I heard and I never really warmed-up to their previous album. I was hesitant to even purchase this album, but I've found myself drawn back to it over and over again.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is that draws me in, but I'm liking it. Maybe it's just that the album works better as a complete listen. A single song or 2 doesn't do it justice.

Those of you that were reluctant to get this one, I'd suggest giving it another chance.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 7:05 am

Was listening to their cd today that opens with “ Them Bones “
When he was alive - I Remember thinking - singer’s gotta be thinking “ marijuana rolled joints “ on a table ?
Great follow up to Facelift.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 8:45 am

Glower wrote:

So one day, I parked my car, went inside to the computer, EBay,

I don't know why, but I read this sentence like 4 times, and the only image in my head was this scene from The Simpsons:

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 8:48 am

Glower wrote:
Was listening to their cd today that opens with “ Them Bones “
When he was alive - I Remember thinking - singer’s gotta be thinking “ marijuana rolled joints “ on a table ?
Great follow up to Facelift.

I was obsessed with Dirt when it came out and I listened to it in my walkman walking to school every morning for months, then I shelved it and never listened to it again for decades.

I recently rebought the CD and I am loving it again. It is so heavy.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2019 7:23 am

I meant to say - with that sentence - lol - listened to an Alice and Chains cd - in my car - during lunch hour -
Came back. Parked car. Went inside the company building - sat at my desk - out on computer - went to eBay Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains   New Alice in Chains Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Alice in Chains
Page 1 of 1