Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Locked Topics ?

Go down 
+11
mc666
T-Roy
kmorg
Troublezone
Eyesore
jstate
manny
MetalGuy71
exact33
tohostudios
mlotek
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:55 pm

I just noticed today a couple locked threads.

Are the moderators protecting their friends, the ones who are looking to be crooks ? selling bootleg /pirate cd's, even though I get the feeling it is looked as "better" than downloading here?

I expect this thread to be deleted or locked as well.

Throwing this out there for the few that can read it before this thread is deleted.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:56 pm

I think it's more a case of trying to keep harmony in the community.

This is the least censoring board I know.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:59 pm

mlotek wrote:
I just noticed today a couple locked threads.

Are the moderators protecting their friends, the ones who are looking to be crooks ? selling bootleg /pirate cd's, even though I get the feeling it is looked as "better" than downloading here?

I expect this thread to be deleted or locked as well.

Throwing this out there for the few that can read it before this thread is deleted.

I locked the threads - and wasnt protecting anyone. Everyone had their say in public and I locked them so they dont degenerate into name calling. I asked them to work out their differences in private messages instead of airing all of their complaints in public.

mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:10 pm

I don't beleive in this - crooks and honest metalhead selles/tradres need to be shown to other members to protect them, otherwise anyway someone spins it, this is not a "community".

There are not bad traders/ good traders threads here on this forum.

I found " avoid This Seller: DIEGO GARCIA-MEZA " but I doubt he was the only one to be pointed out?

I feel like mentioning another member's name who wanted me to send him my original copy of a demo by The Warning,
even though I can rip and upload wav files..
he never offered to copy me their other demo tapes I am missing either.

Do all members here get private messages to give up rarities?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:53 am

Dang. I hate when I miss good drama.

Locked Topics ? Popcorn

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:17 am

I have to agree with exact reasoning, if there are any disputes regarding trades whether its with Spec or someone else, it is best to be handled privatley thru PM's, nothing will be accomplished by airing this out on the forms.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:51 am

On some forums I frequent they have a trader/seller scoring system for users. Just a feedback number with the number of trades. Always thought that was a nice diplomatic way of showing who had a good reputation.

That being said, I'll admit my only bad experience from HOM deals came from a person who seemed to be well thought of here. Which probably contributed to my just chalking the experience up to the cost of doing business and not calling them out. And in that instance PM's just went unanswered.

My feeling is the mods here do a good job (so good I couldn't even tell you who they actually are) so I'm comfortable leaving it to their judgement in the end.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 pm

I've been hanging around this joint for awhile now and I can honestly say that all my trading experiences with other members here have pretty much gone off without a hitch. There's been some slow shippers (the US Postal Service nonwithstanding), but I've always gotten my trade eventually.

I rarely however trade with someone outside of the US unless they have a good rep from other folks here. Or are named Kmorg.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 pm

manny wrote:
I have to agree with exact reasoning, if there are any disputes regarding trades whether its with Spec or someone else, it is best to be handled privatley thru PM's, nothing will be accomplished by airing this out on the forms.
Unfortunately, the handling of this was different, and that was no doubt due to this involving a member that many people here consider a friend. This isn't the first time trades/sales have been disputed or questioned on this forum, but it is the first one to be locked that quickly.

And I'm not suggesting people are trying to help hide shady dealings, just that I think some are maybe coming to his defense too quickly.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Unfortunately, the handling of this was different, and that was no doubt due to this involving a member that many people here consider a friend. This isn't the first time trades/sales have been disputed or questioned on this forum, but it is the first one to be locked that quickly.

And I'm not suggesting people are trying to help hide shady dealings, just that I think some are maybe coming to his defense too quickly.

again - I dont really even see eye to eye with Spec and I am certainly not protecting him or defending his practices. The purpose of the forum is to trade, not start multiple topics on your opinions on certain traders. You all had a chance to say good and bad and he had a chance to respond. Its all in the RIP section if anyone really cares to go back to it. Everyone had a chance to say something and you know it was going to degenerate from there. Your subsequent post, Eyesore, illustrated my point. I locked it and simply said do it over pm. It is really not an unreasonable request.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

again - I dont really even see eye to eye with Spec and I am certainly not protecting him or defending his practices. The purpose of the forum is to trade, not start multiple topics on your opinions on certain traders. You all had a chance to say good and bad and he had a chance to respond. Its all in the RIP section if anyone really cares to go back to it. Everyone had a chance to say something and you know it was going to degenerate from there. Your subsequent post, Eyesore, illustrated my point. I locked it and simply said do it over pm. It is really not an unreasonable request.
It's all good, sir. It's not like I think you were doing anything bad by locking those threads. I just think it's in our nature to react differently when it comes to someone we know, or as in the case, someone that the bulk of the community likes.

For instance, there is an "in crowd" here, like on any forum, and most of those people pick fights and take swipes at ToB all the time. What gets done or said about that? Nothing. And no one thinks it's an issue. But someone like Troublemagnet comes along and doesn't do a fraction of the same kind of antagonizing and what happens? Banned.

You don't think that has to do with who is involved? Of course it does. Is it a malicious kind of reaction? No. It's human nature.

So yeah, I think the quick shutdown to the criticisms against Brian happened because Brian is part of that "in crowd," whether you see eye to eye with him or if he's flaked out over and over again recently.

But maybe I'm wrong, so like I said, it's all good. =)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Maybe we can have a seperate thread with a rating system for trading.

The problem with PMs is that they can easily go unanswered / ignored. I think there should be a certain amount of accountability for a rip-off transaction. When I do trades, i'm always concerned that what I send gets to it's destination.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:12 am

Quote :
Maybe we can have a seperate thread with a rating system for trading.

I don't think that's necessary. The 50 post minimum for traders usually seperates the bad guys from the good. You get to know who's here for legitimate discussions and who is not. Most of the traders here have been around long enough to build a certain amount of trust amongst the group. The ones that haven't were either called out or jumped ship.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:35 am

Eyesore wrote:

For instance, there is an "in crowd" here, like on any forum, and most of those people pick fights and take swipes at ToB all the time. What gets done or said about that? Nothing. And no one thinks it's an issue. But someone like Troublemagnet comes along and doesn't do a fraction of the same kind of antagonizing and what happens? Banned.

WRONG! I've personally defended ToB in the past, and asked people to agree to disagree. In other words, think before they post. Troublemagnet, on the other hand, lived up to his name a little too much for his own good.

Eyesore wrote:
You don't think that has to do with who is involved? Of course it does. Is it a malicious kind of reaction? No. It's human nature.

So yeah, I think the quick shutdown to the criticisms against Brian happened because Brian is part of that "in crowd," whether you see eye to eye with him or if he's flaked out over and over again recently.

But maybe I'm wrong, so like I said, it's all good. =)

If the goal was to protect Brian, then why was his thread shot down too? This was simply a case of nibbing a problem in the bud. It wasn't even discussed in the mod area, Alex knew (and I fully agree with him) that this would only escalate, and stopped it before that happened, which is the way it should be!

If we let other similar threads pass, then maybe we don't see the threats in them.

If we moderate too little you complain, and we moderate too much you complain. Can we please be told when we do good too? Smile

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 am

BOYCOTT MODS!!! OCCUPY HEART OF METAL!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:23 pm

T-Roy wrote:
BOYCOTT MODS!!! OCCUPY HEART OF METAL!!

we have some special 'gas' for you Smile

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:45 pm

kmorg wrote:
Can we please be told when we do good too?
i've heard that you guys can toss a mean salad.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:48 pm

mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

sick

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:21 pm

mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:54 pm

I have never said you guys moderate too little! Haha.

And listen, this is just my opinion. It's not affecting me in any way that makes me dislike anyone. Hell, I don't dislike Brian. It's just a conversation we're having here. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:52 pm

mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

i can toss cookies Smile

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:43 pm

mlotek wrote:
I don't beleive in this - crooks and honest metalhead selles/tradres need to be shown to other members to protect them, otherwise anyway someone spins it, this is not a "community".

There are not bad traders/ good traders threads here on this forum.

I found " avoid This Seller: DIEGO GARCIA-MEZA " but I doubt he was the only one to be pointed out?

I feel like mentioning another member's name who wanted me to send him my original copy of a demo by The Warning,
even though I can rip and upload wav files..
he never offered to copy me their other demo tapes I am missing either.

Do all members here get private messages to give up rarities?

Umm..I guess that was me? I dont see how I should be considered a bad trader when you never sent me the demo to convert to an mp3 for you, there was no deal. Like what the f*ck are you even mad about? You didnt want to send me the demo to convert and I dont remember ever saying I had other Demos by the warning that you didnt have.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm not mad, you asked for me to sell a demo, and if not to loan it to you for you to rip and then you would send me mp3's of what I was looking for.
I said no but I will rip it for you and never heard back.

Since you didn't care to get a rip from me, it looks like you wanted to scam a free tape.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:21 pm Topic: [No title]
hey bro!

saw your post in the demo collections thread mentioning the warning. What tapes of theirs do you still have? Would you consider trading/selling them? I have been digitizing old christian demos like that to preserve the tunes. Maybe if you were not willing to sell the originals you could let me use the tapes to convert them to mp3 files and I hook you up with those in return for the gesture. I know They just got reissued with 8 ball cholos on CD a couple months ago..but I think I can do a better job..haha. Let me know anyways man, I have a ton of those thrash demos on mp3 now including the final prophecy I can hook you up with. Shoot me your email address sometime and I can hook you up via megaupload. Later bro!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:25 pm

mlotek wrote:
I'm not mad, you asked for me to sell a demo, and if not to loan it to you for you to rip and then you would send me mp3's of what I was looking for.
I said no but I will rip it for you and never heard back.

Since you didn't care to get a rip from me, it looks like you wanted to scam a free tape.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:21 pm Topic: [No title]
hey bro!

saw your post in the demo collections thread mentioning the warning. What tapes of theirs do you still have? Would you consider trading/selling them? I have been digitizing old christian demos like that to preserve the tunes. Maybe if you were not willing to sell the originals you could let me use the tapes to convert them to mp3 files and I hook you up with those in return for the gesture. I know They just got reissued with 8 ball cholos on CD a couple months ago..but I think I can do a better job..haha. Let me know anyways man, I have a ton of those thrash demos on mp3 now including the final prophecy I can hook you up with. Shoot me your email address sometime and I can hook you up via megaupload. Later bro!

for you and stender: This is exactly why I locked the other topics. This stuff belongs in private mail. Call it censorship if you like but the forums are just not the place to argue about who did what to who...

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:48 pm

It "looks" like I wanted to scam a free tape..wow. But never ACTUALLY ripped you off? are you shitting me? You were about to publically announce that I was a dishonest trader/seller only because I never responded to a message of yours essentially.

Since this is open now I need to say that I have no intention of ripping anyone off here and I never have in the past, including Mlotek. Just because I didnt respond to a pm is no grounds whatsoever to sully someones reputation. The reason I never responded was because my inbox became 100% full. At HOM older messages will be automatically deleted when new messages arrive..your message got deleted and over time I forgot entirely that I even contacted you.

I don't have anything else to say after this, sorry for making this public.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Locked Topics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topics ?   Locked Topics ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locked Topics ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next