Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour

Go down 
+9
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Red Kitty
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:27 am

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/def-leppard-unveils-summer-tour-with-cheap-1003945528.story

Methinks I'll be there!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 am

Funny. Wasn't Joe Elliott and Bret Michaels slagging each other last summer?

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/bret-michaels-owning-joe-elliott-t6250.htm?highlight=joe+elliott

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:39 am

This tour is coming here too. I may have to check it out.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:41 am

I am sure when their bean counters got together and explained to them you could have a couple million in the bank to do a co headlining tour or you could headline your own individual tour of state/county fairs , Elliot and Michaels kissed and made up very quickly.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:54 am

manny wrote:
I am sure when their bean counters got together and explained to them you could have a couple million in the bank to do a co headlining tour or you could headline your own individual tour of state/county fairs , Elliot and Michaels kissed and made up very quickly.

Funny how those things work out, ain't it? Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:07 pm

They both got some exposure off thier "feud" so they may as well capitalize on it...

I think both bands need to take a couple years off...how can we miss you if you never go away?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 pm

I'll go to see Def Lep and Cheap Trick, not so crazy about Poison, but I'll check em out
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:55 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I'll go to see Def Lep and Cheap Trick, not so crazy about Poison, but I'll check em out

I'm not a big Poison fan, but I saw them headlining with Slaughter, Cinderella and Dokken. They put on a good show.

If I went to this, I'd mostly be going for Cheap Trick.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Speaking of Def Leppard, here some Leppard news:

According to the official blog of legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin, Def Leppard's "Pyromania" (1983) and "Adrenalize" (1992) albums will be reissued as deluxe editions. Halfin writes in his February 22nd, 2009 blog entry, "Spoke to Joe Elliott about work as there are deluxe editions of 'Pyromania' and 'Adrenalize' coming out and we needed to go through photos. Joe had no idea I'd shot several sessions with them as a four-piece. A couple of shoots in the studio in Los Angeles — out in the desert and the 'Let's Get Rocked' video, in the days when I used to shoot stills on videos (something I hated), plus with Vivian Campbell in Los Angeles and Australia. The record company lost all the colour when the PR threw it out by accident but I still have all the black-and-white."
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:08 pm

manny wrote:

According to the official blog of legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin, Def Leppard's "Pyromania" (1983) and "Adrenalize" (1992) albums will be reissued as deluxe editions. Halfin writes in his February 22nd, 2009 blog entry, "Spoke to Joe Elliott about work as there are deluxe editions of 'Pyromania' and 'Adrenalize' coming out and we needed to go through photos. Joe had no idea I'd shot several sessions with them as a four-piece. A couple of shoots in the studio in Los Angeles — out in the desert and the 'Let's Get Rocked' video, in the days when I used to shoot stills on videos (something I hated), plus with Vivian Campbell in Los Angeles and Australia. The record company lost all the colour when the PR threw it out by accident but I still have all the black-and-white."

I'm very interested to hear about the "Pyromania" deluxe edition. It sounds like I will need to swallow my pride in regards to how I feel about the band these days, and go out and purchase that. The "Adrenalize" album, I'm not so sure about...I don't hate it or anything, but just too many poppy songs on it for my pleasure. Thanks for the news Manny!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I'm not a big Poison fan, but I saw them headlining with Slaughter, Cinderella and Dokken. They put on a good show.

If I went to this, I'd mostly be going for Cheap Trick.

I saw Poison a couple years ago, right after the covers album came out. And they really did have a ton of energy. But I agree with Ult wholeheartedly.

Just a side note, not sure if it has been broken, but Cheap Trick held the record for most live shows ever. They played 300+ shows a year since around 1974, and I have not seen any let-up the last few years. That's dedication to your fans!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Definitely going to the Clarkston, Michigan show. I was hoping they'd be up around here. Never seen either one live. Couldn't care less about Cheap Trick.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 pm

manny wrote:

I have the "Hysteria" deluxe and enjoy it. I will def get the "Pyromania" deluxe as well. Not sure about the "Adrenalize" deluxe though. It depends on the price tag.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:15 am

That show will be in Charlotte,NC on my birthday!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:33 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Couldn't care less about Cheap Trick.

I'd bet money that Cheap Trick will smoke both of the other bands.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Play "Surrender", "I Want You to Want Me", and "The Flame". Then get off the stage!

lol!

It's not hard to smoke Poison, but they still put on an energetic feel-good show.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:14 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Play "Surrender", "I Want You to Want Me", and "The Flame". Then get off the stage!

lol!

I doubt they'll play "The Flame" -- they hate that song and put it on that record under pressure from the record label who felt they needed a "hit single." As I understand it, they've refused to play it live ever since, even though it was one of their biggest (if not THE biggest) hits.

They should play the DREAM POLICE album in its entirety!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:55 am

I've seen all 3 of these bands live at different times in my life, and they were all good, but I have no desire to see them again. Well, except for maybe Cheap Trick, but only if they were headliners.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

lol!

I doubt they'll play "The Flame" -- they hate that song and put it on that record under pressure from the record label who felt they needed a "hit single." As I understand it, they've refused to play it live ever since, even though it was one of their biggest (if not THE biggest) hits.

They should play the DREAM POLICE album in its entirety!

I saw Cheap Trick open for Journey and Heart this past fall and unfortunately, they played 'The Flame' I also saw Cheap Trick a few summers ago...as headliners and they played it then as well. If they hate that song so much, they shouldn't play it. It's one of my least fave songs from them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Red Kitty wrote:

I saw Cheap Trick open for Journey and Heart this past fall and unfortunately, they played 'The Flame' I also saw Cheap Trick a few summers ago...as headliners and they played it then as well. If they hate that song so much, they shouldn't play it. It's one of my least fave songs from them.

That's surprising; I remember reading an interview with Rick Nielsen some time during the 90s where they asked him why they never played "The Flame" live and he said flat-out "Cuz we hate that f**kin' song!" Laughing Maybe they've made their peace with it since then.

I guess now that they're regulars on the nostalgia circuit, though, maybe they kinda have to play it because that's one of the songs people wanna hear. If they skipped it, I guess it would be like Metallica not doing "Enter Sandman" or Megadeth not doing "Peace Sells." Whether they like it or not, "The Flame" has become one of Cheap Trick's signature songs.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:36 pm

Yeah, I already knew that they hate "The Flame" and that they still play it anyway.

It's their "Cherry Pie".

lol!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:32 pm

manny wrote:

I went on Ross Halfin's site, and stated this as well, which is definitely music to my ears...

Halfin: "Going to go through High And Dry era as well. While I was at it I found
some Aerosmith from the early 80's and The Joe Perry Project at The
Country Club in LA."

I think Halfin is telling the boys at Def Leppard that he's got plenty of pics for a nice sleeve inside a re-mastered version of High 'N Dry. ULT would probably be interested in the Aerosmith/Joe Perry Project stuff as well...

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/february-2009/diary-february-2009.php
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Aug. 15: Atlanta

I'll try to make that date....and it sure was nice of Joe to get Poison to
tour with them, seems like a fine apology for a band that clearly (along
with Motley Crue) did not deserve his comments.

I personally enjoy Poison's overall music vs. Def Lepps, but will be going for
both, as for Cheap Trick, well OK, I'll stick around for them too. For the record,
I love Velvet Revolver's version of Surrender 10 times more.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Going to this show later tonight. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour   Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard / Cheap Trick / Poison Tour
Page 1 of 1