Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman

Go down 
+8
exact33
Red Kitty
ghost
DallasBlack
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
bgast1
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:56 am

Just received my copy. Grave digger do it again. Excellent delivery...But the vocals...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:40 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I have this on special order and am anticipating it in a week or so.

It came in, however, I work both jobs this week until Sunday and CD Universe is closed on that day Sad .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 pm

I've thrashed this lately and happy with it, lots of speed and whatever else they do. i found Liberty or Death and the Last Supper as good as any showing they are good at not staying in a rut and being more progressive and epic. It would be hard to top the Trilogy with Excalibur being my fave but this ones a keeper, Jailbreak is an excellent bonus.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:13 pm

German power metallers GRAVE DIGGER have issued the following update:

"We are very sad to inform you that we have separated from Thilo Herrmann [guitar; ex-RISK, FAITHFUL BREATH, HOLY MOSES, RUNNING WILD].

"After all the euphoria about the second guitarist in the beginning, first doubts regarding the current situation of the band started showing up bit by bit. There were many different things, starting with the free room on the stage and going on to musical aspects that have been observed by every old member of the band independently and which finally made us feel that we would have to separate from Thilo. This decision has been made by common consent and on behalf of the whole band. It does not have to do with any interpersonal problems or the like. In fact, we took it very hard to separate from that really nice guy that Thilo is.

"GRAVE DIGGER has been a well-attuned team for a very long time, and according to expectations it's hard for a new musician to become integrated. Where previously a well-practiced team performed on the stage, we were not able to pal up to a sixth man.

"As for Thilo, we wish him all the best for his musical and private future."

I cant believe they got rid of this guy already. I thought the new album sounded great with the new guitarist but I guess they can just really record like that with one guy. I didnt even know about the new guy until I got the cd so that was new to me. I can see how only having 1 guitar player for so many years can be a little hard to getting used to. It leaves less room to move around I guess haha.

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:54 am

Quote :
I cant believe they got rid of this guy already.
I thought the new album sounded great with the new guitarist but I
guess they can just really record like that with one guy. I didnt even
know about the new guy until I got the cd so that was new to me. I can
see how only having 1 guitar player for so many years can be a little
hard to getting used to. It leaves less room to move around I guess
haha.

I think its good news. I like the single guitarist idea because I love Manni's playing and another guy overshadowing it doesn't appeal to me. However, I'd bet this has more to do with how much it costs to tour with 5 members as opposed to 4. These guys don't make much money being musicians, in fact, I think Manni still works as a mechanic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:55 pm

It's about Manni, he doesn't want to share. I don't think he should have to.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:29 pm

He didnt really fit in with the image of the band either. He was way too young.

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:53 am

I'm really surprized about this news so shortly after getting Thilo into the band. Money could be one point, but I think more that the chemistry on tour didn't work, maybe together with Mani... who Knows...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 pm

These guys got the old skhool thing down pat, brah. I like that a few bands are still kickin' it OS, like Jaimie Kennedy, Hector Jimenez andAki Terasaki of 'Funky Fresh Boyz' fame. Heard NWOBHM band, Blitzkrieg, recently and they too were keepin' it real, son.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am

BOAH 7.5/10 Not real impressed with this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:40 am

8/10!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 am

what's on the limited edition?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:47 am

SpectreFate wrote:
8/10!
Well, we almost agreed on this one, SF. Say, are you also an SMF? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:54 pm

I got the regular version, This exeded my expectations, what a great album. This could easily be on the top 3 of 2009 list
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:08 pm

powermacho wrote:
I got the regular version, This exeded my expectations, what a great album. This could easily be on the top 3 of 2009 list
I got the regular edition, as well. I liked Liberty Or Death better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:27 pm

This holds my attention more then LOD though that is by no means a bad album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:33 am

bgast1 wrote:
Just listened to this. Guaranteed that I will be listening to it again at work tonight. 🤘 Bonus track Jailbreak isn't as good as the original, nevertheless a very fine rendition.

I can't ever remember hearing a Thin Lizzy cover that I liked better than the original. This song has been covered numerous times too.

Finally my digi copy of The Ballad of a Hangman arrived from Germany. What a great album! 🤘

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2