Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman

Go down 
+8
exact33
Red Kitty
ghost
DallasBlack
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
bgast1
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Empty
PostSubject: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:06 pm

Just listened to this. Guaranteed that I will be listening to it again at work tonight. 🤘 Bonus track Jailbreak isn't as good as the original, nevertheless a very fine rendition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Much better than Liberty or Death was. I was very pleased with this one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:01 am

Is it fast enough? I like grave digger when they play speed metal.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 am

Yes this album is a lot better than Liberty!

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:27 am

Gilbert wrote:
Is it fast enough? I like grave digger when they play speed metal.

Well it sounds like up-tempo Grave Digger. I wouldn't call that speed metal, but if you like what they have been doing for the last decade then you should like the new one.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Yes, their are a couple of fast songs on it. I realy love this album, but to be honest, i like all GRAVE DIGGER albums. A great buy for any heavy metal fan.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:10 pm

I was listening to tunes of war. Now, that's speed metal. But i still have to get past the vocals. :swear:
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:24 pm

You had me at better than Liberty Or Death.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:45 am

Am I the only one to have issues with the vocalist of Grave Digger? I got used to him, but by times, he's still hard to digest. I wish these guys hire Andi Deris.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:02 am

Gilbert wrote:
Am I the only one to have issues with the vocalist of Grave Digger? I got used to him, but by times, he's still hard to digest. I wish these guys hire Andi Deris.

No, you're not the only one with issues. Andi Deris would sound retarded in this band.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:22 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Andi Deris would sound retarded in this band.

I agree. IMO Deris is perfect where he is and would sound too out of place any where else. Personally I have no problem with Grave Digger's vocalist but I can understand why others would have a hard time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:02 pm

I have this on special order and am anticipating it in a week or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:30 pm

I liked Liberty or Death, a little filler but by no means a bad album. BOAH is stellar though.

Quote :
Am I the only one to have issues

No, we all have them, you just keep hanging yours out for everyone to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:44 pm

It's almost perfect. Minus that Lonely the Innocence Dies song. I hate that guy from Bendiction who stinks up that song.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
It's almost perfect. Minus that Lonely the Innocence Dies song. I hate that guy from Bendiction who stinks up that song.

Actually it is Veronica Freeman from Benedictum. My son doesn't like this song as well. I love this one like the rest of the album. I don't have any problems with the vocals of Chris. Indeed I like them, and it is one thing that makes Grave Digger so unique. Chris fits perfect to Grave Digger, and Andi is at the right place in Helloween, no choise for Grave Digger.

I saw them live two weeks ago. Alestorm was the support. This was an awesome evening for me. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Quote :
Actually it is Veronica Freeman from Benedictum.

Yeah him. Sounded like a dude to me.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:30 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

No, you're not the only one with issues. Andi Deris would sound retarded in this band.

lol! why would the band kick Chris out when its Chris' band? Andi would not fit in with Grave Digger.

And yea the only song that kills this album is Lonliness Dies that girl/guy is horrible.

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:06 pm

That's a girl? Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman 927150 Maybe it's Chris's sister.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
That's a girl? Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman 927150 Maybe it's Chris's sister.

Yep. I hear there's a picture out there that shows that she actually has a penis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 pm

You hear? You know you have it in your collection you sicko.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:20 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
You hear? You know you have it in your collection you sicko.

Affirmative. I most certainly do.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Love Tunes of War, but since that album, nothing has come close IMHO. Based on the opinions here, I'll have to check out the new one!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
Love Tunes of War, but since that album, nothing has come close IMHO. Based on the opinions here, I'll have to check out the new one!

I dont know about that. I still Tunes of War is one of their best but Knights of the Cross was excellent as well. I also thought The Grave Digger cd is quite good. Excalibur was not up to par as was Liberty of Death. I also liked Rheingold a lot. It was a different type of Grave Digger but it was good. The Last supper had a great first 5 songs and kinda tailed off after that...

I have had a couple of times to listen to Ballads and I would rate (for latter day GD albums) it close to Rheingold and below, Tunes, Knights and The Grave Digger.

Alex

Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:41 am

exact33 wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:

I dont know about that. I still Tunes of War is one of their best but Knights of the Cross was excellent as well. I also thought The Grave Digger cd is quite good. Excalibur was not up to par as was Liberty of Death. I also liked Rheingold a lot. It was a different type of Grave Digger but it was good. The Last supper had a great first 5 songs and kinda tailed off after that...

I have had a couple of times to listen to Ballads and I would rate (for latter day GD albums) it close to Rheingold and below, Tunes, Knights and The Grave Digger.

Alex

Thanks for that Alex. I'll have to revisit those other releases you mentioned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:41 pm

Rheingold was a very different album but over time a real grower and now in the top three of GD favorites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman   Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grave Digger -- Ballads of a Hangman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next