Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grave Digger

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
anthrax_fan
Glower
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 12:17 pm

1984 Heavy Metal Breakdown
1985 Witch Hunter
1986 War Games

1986 Stronger Than Ever (under name Digger)

1993 The Reaper
1995 Heart of Darkness
1996 Tunes of War

1998 Knights of the Cross
1999 Excalibur
2001 The Grave Digger

2003 Rheingold
2005 The Last Supper
2007 Liberty or Death

2009 Ballads of a Hangman
2010 The Clans Will Rise Again
2012 Clash of the Gods

2014 Return of the Reaper
2017 Healed by Metal
2018 The Living Dead
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 1:15 pm

They are Secularrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 1:16 pm

Grave Digger is great , but I prefer the first 3 80´s records . But they basically have a consistent career ...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 1:20 pm

From 93 - 01 they were phenomenal. The Reaper, Heart Of Darkness, Tunes Of War, and the Grave Digger are probably my favorite 4 of them, although I don't think they've put out a bad album (Stronger Than Ever not included imo)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 3:14 pm

My brother had Heavy Metal Breakdown and War Games when we were kids, so those are the ones I'm most familiar with. I dug the music but the vocals were kinda over-the-top and unintentionally funny at times. ("WE WANNA RAWK YAAAAAA! WE WANNA ROLLLLL YAAAAAA!")

Aside from them the only other G.D. I've heard was their cover of "We Rock" on the Dio tribute album Holy Dio, which was god-awful (dude's vocals had not improved one iota), so I never bothered to investigate them further.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 8:05 pm

From 96 to 01 was such a great run and throw in The Clans Will Rise Again.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Yeah the vocals are an acquired taste but if you can get past that, there is a ton of good music there.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 12:24 pm

I bought the " Noise Years " 84-89 - Heads are going to Roll - 2 CDs - I figured good deal.
Well, I listened to disc 2 in my car first - going to work.....every song was damn good !
I kept looking at the CD case to see what song title it was. Even the so called ballads ....wow.
Anybody not familiar with these guys - I HIGHLY suggest this Noise Records compilation.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 1:35 pm

1996 Tunes of War
1998 Knights of the Cross
1999 Excalibur

Those and Digger. Because it's a motherfucking steel duck showing off its biceps.

Grave Digger IMG_2635_a001_0

Music is so weird too. It's almost like not serious. But if it's not serious, it's poking fun of itself. It's meta.

All I know is it stands out.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Okay, All my Metal head friends here. I have never listened to this band before.

So I checked them out on YouTube.

Sounds like kick ass metal to me.

So where to start?

I know that is kind of what the thread is all about. But I am a newbie. What is the best/classic record by them?

I'm in what to buy..
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 11:50 pm

Great band. I am truly happy that they are still around playing old school metal. This is a true blessing.

My choice would be The Middle Ages trilogy (knights being at the top), followed by Rheingold (one hell of an album) and Heart Of Darkness.

From their later releases, Ballads Of A Hangman really grabbed me.

With the exception of a couple of EPs, i own their entire discography.

That said, i wonder how they would have sounded with a different (more ear friendly) singer.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 2:34 am

Gilbert wrote:
Great band. I am truly happy that they are still around playing old school metal. This is a true blessing.

My choice would be The Middle Ages trilogy (knights being at the top), followed by Rheingold (one hell of an album) and Heart Of Darkness.

That said, i wonder how they would have sounded with a different (more ear friendly) singer.

Will check out, Thanks Gilbert
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 3:29 am

assault_attack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Will check out, Thanks Gilbert

You may also check their first two albums. Some great songs in there headbanger.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Glower wrote:
I bought the " Noise Years " 84-89 - Heads are going to Roll - 2 CDs - I figured good deal.

Thanks guys! I bought this. I normally do not buy greatest or best of compilations but I figured 28 tracks why not. Coming from Germany, will take awhile, I live in California.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 5:00 pm

This is quite a good compilation. I picked it up myself a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Cool, Look forward to the cd's arriving! Can't wait..

Always fun discovering new bands even if they have been around for 30 + years, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grave Digger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger   Grave Digger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grave Digger
Page 1 of 1