Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new grave digger!

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
BearOnUnicycle
Fat Freddy
choosemetal
Orion Crystal Ice
exact33
Gilbert
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Just read that grave digger will be releasing a new studio album in july, titled the return of the reaper.

these guys are on fire. I still haven't properly listened to clash of the gods yet, and it is already time for a new album.

always in the mood for a new digger.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 3:50 pm

nice! Always love some new Digger!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Alright ! And yet another cool release for July.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 10:17 am

Give give give give give give
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:22 pm

New Grave Digger artwork!

http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/gravediggerreturnofthereapercd.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:33 pm

choosemetal wrote:

New Grave Digger artwork!

http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/gravediggerreturnofthereapercd.jpg

Yep, looks like a Grave Digger album !  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Amazing cover art.

apparently the band is returning to the heavy metal breakdown eara style.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Amazing cover art.

apparently the band is returning to the heavy metal breakdown eara style.

Could you give the link? I would to read what they have to say about it.  Smile 
Back to top Go down

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 3:05 pm

Painkiller wrote:
I always preferred the first three albums.

Same here. "Heavy Metal Breakdown" is a longtime oldschool fave. They're not nearly as fun since they got all "epic" and started writing concept albums.

Besides, Chris Boltendahl can't sing his way out of a wet paper bag. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 3:32 pm

A snippet
https://soundcloud.com/napalmrecords/grave-digger-season-of-the-witch-snippet/s-nSHoh
Count me in as a fan of the first albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 3:36 pm

I admire these guys for releasing a new album like clockwork but I couldn't get into this band when I tried Ballads of a Hangman and The Clans Will Rise Again. Both of those albums sound the same to me and didn't have anything memorable.

They always have great album covers though.
Back to top Go down

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:33 pm

I've enjoyed every album from Liberty Or Death and on so I'm looking forward to this one. Still haven't dug into their older stuff for some odd reason. Album cover looks awesome as usual.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:58 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I admire these guys for releasing a new album like clockwork but I couldn't get into this band when I tried Ballads of a Hangman and The Clans Will Rise Again. Both of those albums sound the same to me and didn't have anything memorable.

Same here. I tried with 2 or 3 albums, but nothing ever grabbed me by the short and curlies. Good on them that they keep flying the flag and all that though. And yea, bitchin' album covers.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:03 am

Quote :
I actually don't have a problem with epic metal (if you mean it in the sense of bands such as Manilla Road), but Grave Digger's later stuff isn't really my cup of tea. As it stands, I'm picky with most European power metal.

I don't have a problem with some "epic" stuff either but the Grave Digger guy's voice just ain't cut out for that kind of material IMO. He was better suited for screaming his ass off on silly rock n roll inspired songs about "storming the brain" and having a "heavy metal breakdown."

When they started doing concept albums about the Norman Conquest or whatever, hearing that voice trying to come across all dramatic and cinematic just made me chuckle.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:06 am

man, kind of a bummer, I thought there would be more Grave Digger fans around here.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:07 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
man, kind of a bummer, I thought there would be more Grave Digger fans around here.

(shrugs) We can't all like everything. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:37 am

I like 80s Grave Digger and I also enjoyed their album "The Grave Digger." I'm not much of a fan of many of their other albums because they are usually concept albums and those aren't my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:21 pm

GReat news. When i get this on cd i will make a video showing all my GRAVE DIGGER records. Amazing band.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

Check out TUNES OF WAR, EXCALIBUR and KNIGHTS OF THE CROSS. Just amazing releases.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:01 pm

krokus wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Check out TUNES OF WAR, EXCALIBUR and KNIGHTS OF THE CROSS. Just amazing releases.

Will do. I'm open to giving them another shot as long as it doesn't sound similar to their recent releases.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Their self titled album is amazing.

heart of darkness is also highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:39 pm

krokus wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Totally agree Krokus.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:41 pm

You know, I totally understand people's complaints about the vocals not fitting the latter music. At first, I was pretty sure the vocals would be a turn off for me. The're very un-melodic and I really thought they needed better. However, it eventually grew on me but I understand why others can't get past it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

new grave digger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new grave digger!   new grave digger! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new grave digger!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next