Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos

Go down 
+14
assault_attack
XYZ
Schbopo
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
Lurideath
Required Fields
DeathCult
Sons-Of-Vengeance
MetalGuy71
sam
manny
ultmetal
thejokeriv
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos   Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:55 am

I agree with Ult except i didnt get that far I got as far as Megadeth
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos   Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 am

assault_attack wrote:
manny wrote:

Mick Taylor bailed on the Stones because Mick Jagger and Keith Richards allow no input into the song writing process for their albums, and if you ever heard one of Mick Taylor's solo albums you can see why.

I have read that he also left because he thought he would die hanging with keith. Heroin was a huge problem with Mick T. & Keith. IT was probably a combination of both........

The 6 years or so that Taylor was in the Stones are my favorite ERA by far.

I have to agree that 6 or 7 year period that Mick Taylor was with the Stones was their best period, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, Goat's Head Soup, where some of the best rock n roll albums of their era. The solo album he released after he left the Stones was ghastly.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos   Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 pm

The title states "100 Worst Riffs, Licks, and Solos" so some of them don't have to be solos.

However, I don't need someone else telling me what's good and what's bad, I'll decide for myself.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos   Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:37 am

ultmetal wrote:
I got as far as reading the stupid comment for Peter Frampton and closed the page. This list is asinine.

Man you nailed it! I got a bit further and was suprised they bashed Cult of Personality, I always thought it was very fitting!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos   Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:38 pm

Wait, didn't Cult of Personality also make their "Best guitar solo" list? scratch
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos   Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:57 am

mez wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I got as far as reading the stupid comment for Peter Frampton and closed the page. This list is asinine.

Man you nailed it! I got a bit further and was suprised they bashed Cult of Personality, I always thought it was very fitting!

Shocked That solo is insanly awesome. What water head came up with this list?

Entries that really pissed me off:

Iron Maiden-Fear Is The Key
Faith No More-Epic
Candlebox-Far Behind
Journey-Faithfully

Many others are BS as well, but those are some of my favorite songs & solos. I would have mentioned Billy Joel-Still Rock & Roll To Me, but there is no guitar solo. Its a saxaphone solo numbnuts!!!!

Here is what should happen to the list maker(s) here:

Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 47715
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos   Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar World's 100 worst guitar solos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2