Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?

Go down 
+26
DeathCult
the sentinel
jstate
thejokeriv
7thSecond
Damien Solta
Stender
Lurideath
UltraMagnus007
Rex
mc666
iamrockerfun
Invader
powermacho
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
XYZ
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
ultmetal
DallasBlack
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Vote_lcap85%Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Vote_rcap
 85% [ 34 ]
No
Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Vote_lcap5%Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Can't Say For Sure
Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Vote_lcap10%Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Empty
PostSubject: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:33 am

Guitar solos are arguably my favorite aspect of hard rock/heavy metal. Good guitar solos can make or break an album for me. I'ts rare for albums w/o them to hold my interest very long (Fear Factory is a good example). If thrash or death had no solos whatsoever I would probalbly like very little of it. There is just something about good guitar solos that just make music that much more enjoyable for me. So I would say, yes, solos are important to me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:34 am

They are very imortant to me. I think that a metal song is missing a limb without one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:36 am

Of course they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:38 am

Depends on the song...I've come to the point where if a guitar solo is not there and I don't miss it, then the song doesn't need it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:38 am

Sure! They are part of the songwriting process IMO. Without them, many rock and metal songs seem bland to me. They can either be a vital part of the song or can at least add spice to a song.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:46 am

Not really. If the song has enough melody and hooks, I don't really care if there's a solo or not.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:59 am

Ditto. It depends on the song.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:13 am

Yes they are!A songs not complete without one
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:17 am

Depends, i think alot of solos get really long and irritating.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:18 am

being a guitarist myself, i find guitar solos to be the best part.
can learn alot from them.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:26 am

Solos are important to me.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:30 am

I've never voted on a poll so fast in my life.

You BET they are important. Not every song has to have one, and they don't have to be blazing fast, but solos are a part of musical composition. Most songs simply are not complete without them. Just listen to any song, whether it be rock, country, blues what have you and the solo is there.

Even big band artists such as Benny Goodman had a clarinet solo or some other form of musical interlude on their songs. A lot of those clarinet solos would sound like Yngwie if they were played on guitar. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:34 am

nick even likes when his favorite band Wham does any kind of solo.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:38 am

Wham do the best solos! Andrew Ridgley is a musical genius. Cool
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:43 am

Very important. Of course, I have saturated myself with a good deal of Van Halen, so I think solos are an integral part of a song.

Last edited by xyz on Thu May 08, 2008 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:43 am

Absolutely yes they are.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:58 am

Without a doubt they are important. YES!! YES!! YES!!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:06 am

GUITAR SOLOS are a requirement. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:11 am

For me they are usually important, but it depends on the song.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:54 pm

must be included.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Guitar solos are definitely a defining feature of hard rock and metal. However, they're not necessary all the time. Though I want them, and prefer them, there are times where a song actually works without one. For me, the riff is the most important element, because, especially in hard rock, solos are often interchangeable. Whereas, the riff sets the mood for songs.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:20 pm

i like a guitar solo done well, however not every song needs them.

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:05 pm

I like solos that compliment a song or take it to a different level. I'm not big on solos just for the sake of having a solo, if the song doesn't need one, then I don't mind one not being in there. I like em, but don't need them in order to enjoy a good song.

I took the 3rd option.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:42 pm

For me a song feels wrong without a good solo. The only band I have ever come across to hold my attention recently that don't play solo's is Killswitch Engage, and even then I only like a few songs.

Could never get into nu-metal because of the lack of solo's, bands like korn just seemed wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:33 pm

They are very important!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next