Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite guitar solos.

Go down 
+9
XYZ
spiritoradio
Shiney
White_Mage
mr.electric39
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
MetalRob331
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Favorite guitar solos. Empty
PostSubject: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:43 pm

I don't think this has been done before...did a search and everything....

What are some of your favorite guitar solos?

Stairway To Heaven, Led Zeppelin
Free Bird, Lynyrd Skynyrd
Eruption and Jump, Van Halen
Comfortably Numb, Time, and Another Brick In The Wall (Pt. 2), Pink Floyd
Highway Star, Deep Purple
Machine Gun, Star-Spangled Banner (both live and Rainbow Bridge Soundtrack), All Along The Watchtower, and Voodoo Child, Jimi Hendrix
Hotel California, Eagles
One, Fade To Black, and Master Of Puppets, Metallica
November Rain, Guns N' Roses
Through The Fire And Flames, DragonForce
Stargazer, Rainbow
Guitar Solo (live from Once In A LIVEtime), Dream Theater
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:58 am

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
Comfortably Numb, Time - Pink Floyd
As I Am, Peruvian Skies - Dream Theater
River dragon has come, Narcrosynthesis, The Final Product - Nevermore
Brave New World - Nocturnal Rites
Enigmatic Mission - Pagans Mind
Master of Puppets, Blackend - Metallica
Blackbird, Brand New Start - Alter Bridge
Mr Crowley, No More Tears - Ozzy
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:53 pm

i thought this had been done before
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:12 pm

Rex Carroll / Nagasake etc..etc.....just an unbelievable player.Should have been on the cover of every Guitar magazine just like Vai,Lynch,Malmsteen,EVH and the others.---
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:41 am

Pure Evil, My Own Savior - Iced Earth
Blitzkrieg, Far Beyond The Sun - Malmsteen
Devil Take Tomorrow - Marty Friedman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
i thought this had been done before

We did...

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/my-favorite-solos-t1278.htm?highlight=solos
It was on page one. Haha.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:06 pm

sabbaths paranoid has a cool solo in it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:32 pm

Alex Skolnik-Electric Crown......
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:50 pm

IronAge wrote:
Alex Skolnik-Electric Crown......

Good to see someone else mention "The Ritual", I think it gets unfairly slammed alot.

As for solos, the majority of Vinnie Vincent's are among my favorites 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:46 pm

IronAge wrote:
Rex Carroll / Nagasake etc..etc.....just an unbelievable player.Should have been on the cover of every Guitar magazine just like Vai,Lynch,Malmsteen,EVH and the others.---

Rex Carroll ripped off Randy Rhodes own solo for that tune..... Just like he ripped off Loudness for 'He is the Rock' aka 'Crazy Nights'... or Joe Satriani 'Because of Jesus' aka 'Satch Boogie' or Whitesnake 'Down' aka 'Still of the Night'....

I reallize everybody rips off (sorry pays homage too, yeah right) other artists, but this guy takes the cake in my book. He is a very capable player, but do something stinkin original.... He was a big fish in a very small pond.

All that said I did like Whitecross.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:56 am

The best solo ever is from Testament's "Return To Serenity." The best ever!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:29 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
IronAge wrote:

Rex Carroll ripped off Randy Rhodes own solo for that tune..... Just like he ripped off Loudness for 'He is the Rock' aka 'Crazy Nights'... or Joe Satriani 'Because of Jesus' aka 'Satch Boogie' or Whitesnake 'Down' aka 'Still of the Night'....

I reallize everybody rips off (sorry pays homage too, yeah right) other artists, but this guy takes the cake in my book. He is a very capable player, but do something stinkin original.... He was a big fish in a very small pond.

yeah whatever .....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Beat it solo - Eddie Van Halen
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:07 am

IronAge wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
IronAge wrote:

yeah whatever .....................

Just listen to 'em. These aren't subtle things but blatant rip offs. I think it's called plagarism....

My favorite solos though... I've always liked George Lynch 'In My Dreams'.... That apregio gets me every time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:24 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

My favorite solos though... I've always liked George Lynch 'In My Dreams'.... That apregio gets me every time.

thats one awesome solo
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:49 pm

One Of My All Time Favortie Solos Is The One Angus Young Plays At The End Of High Voltage On The Live @ Doninton
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:23 am

Even though i'm not a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan the solo in MIA is sick as a MF...

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:52 am

i have decided my al time favourite guitar solo is Stairway to heaven by led zeppeling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:55 am

ya im with the gooch stairway is my favortie solo! listening to music
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:59 am

Vinnie Vincent- Speedball Jamm
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Christopher Lee pulled out some amazing solos on the first THOUGHT INDUSTRY cd "Songs For Insects"...the song "Third Eye" especially.... 🤘

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 10:28 am

Black_Mage wrote:
ya im with the gooch stairway is my favortie solo! listening to music

just listened to the stairway and it blows you away every time you hear it
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 10:39 am

My favorite guitar solo ever is the same solo that Jimmy Page claims as his favorite solo, and that is Elliott Randell's guitar solos on Steely Dan's "Reelin' in the Years". Awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:30 pm

Eruption or Loss of Control
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite guitar solos.   Favorite guitar solos. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite guitar solos.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next