Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One of the dumbest band names ever.

Go down 
+27
kmorg
Mattallica667
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Pontus
AngelRipper16
MetalRob331
Schbopo
TheGooch
XYZ
EvyMetal
Selvmord
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
the sentinel
QuothTheRaven
manny
sam
Chairman_Smith
tohostudios
mc666
Smindas
INVADERS
stevegarveyfan
Troublezone
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Goblin C*ck" sound like they should be touring with Pansy Division or one of those other "queer-core" bands Laughing

or with Barry Manilow
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
I have avoided Edguy because of the name, same with Pinkcream 69, they could be brillant but those are terrible names, of course the Goo Goo Dolls is a stupid name and they became this huge singles act.

I think you'd enjoy PC69 Manny. Intelligent lyrics, great vocals, outstanding musicianship.

[url=http://www.pinkcream69.com/
http://www.pinkcream69.com/[/quote[/url]]

Heard a couple samples on their website, very cool, not what I was expecting, I thought it would have 60's vibe, I guess because of the name of the band. Very cool, thanks for the link Toho.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:39 pm

🤘

And if you like Helloween, check out older PC69. Andy Deris used to be the singer and the older stuff is more metal-oriented.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 8:13 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Goblin C*ck" sound like they should be touring with Pansy Division or one of those other "queer-core" bands Laughing

or with Barry Manilow

How dare you mock Barry "The Man" Manilow! He writes the songs!!! angry

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Quote :
How dare you mock Barry "The Man" Manilow! He writes the songs!!!

Yeah, he writes the songs that disperse loitering youths.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5047610.stm

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 9:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
How dare you mock Barry "The Man" Manilow! He writes the songs!!!

Yeah, he writes the songs that disperse loitering youths.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5047610.stm

that's great, wonder what a little Frankie would do for them? maybe make their heads explode? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 3:39 pm

We've had this thread before. And the winner is Dew Scented.....

Smile
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:58 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Death Cab for Cutie. WTF?

I assume they got the name from The Beatles movie Magical Mystery Tour. There is a scene in which a house band is playing a song with the lyrics "Death Cab for Cutie". That's GOTTA be where they got the name.

How about A Life Threatening Buttocks Condition? That's a pretty bad band name.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:02 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:
Death Cab for Cutie. WTF?

I assume they got the name from The Beatles movie Magical Mystery Tour. There is a scene in which a house band is playing a song with the lyrics "Death Cab for Cutie". That's GOTTA be where they got the name.

How about A Life Threatening Buttocks Condition? That's a pretty bad band name.

I always thought they got the name from a Bonzo Dog Band, the album was titled " Gorilla" and one of the songs is titled " Death Cab for Cutie", as a matter a fact I think the house band is Bonzo Dog Band but I have not seen the movie in several years so I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:43 pm

I actually like the name Death Cab For Cutie.

Sounds like a title from my DVD collection.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm

My jam band:

Sloppy Cheez Whiz

that's a bad name, but we're not looking for commercial success, so it doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Limp Bizkit
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:18 pm

we were thinking of calling our new band Axe destoyer. i prefer calling it destroyer. what do you think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:29 pm

TheGooch wrote:
we were thinking of calling our new band Axe destoyer. i prefer calling it destroyer. what do you think

What is an "Axe destoyer"? That's 2 random words combined in a nonsensical fashion. I'm positive there is already a band named "Destroyer". http://www.myspace.com/destroyer
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:34 pm

spectrefate wrote:

What is an "Axe destoyer"? That's 2 random words combined in a nonsensical fashion.

That seems to be very popular nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:36 pm

"Yellow death machine" makes sense. If I had a machine that caused death, I would paint it yellow.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:41 pm

there is a list out there and the tops are

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/mojo/718/whats-the-worst-band-name-like-ever/
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:43 am

Coincidentally, there's a Yahoo music blog on this very subject today.

Toad The Wet Sprocket gets mentioned and in the user comments there's this:

VA's own "Dick Buttkiss And The Tightends".

Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Anal C*nt
Dying Fetus
Butthole Surfers

Get my vote.

Uggh... No wonder I've never heard of them before.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:39 pm

spectrefate wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

What is an "Axe destoyer"?

Pete Townshend is an "axe destroyer." Razz
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:56 pm

another one

roughly violent
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:44 am

A year ago me and my friend had a 2 man project called Final Slap (sounds very similar to that movie title, wonder why...). It was kind of a thrash / death metal band with very silly lyrics. One song I wrote was called "I Shot the Crüe Leader" (after that Bob Marley tune...) and was about the murder of Vince Neil, commited by me in the song of course, hehe. It was great fun and the only bad thing about that band was the name...

Some other silly band names:
Råg i Ryggen (Swedish 70's heavy metal / progressive rock band. Swedish for Seed in the Back, which means that you have "guts" to do something, very silly words for it indeed)
Lääz Rockit
Krokus
Rotting Christ
Enuff Z'nuff
Eagles of Death Metal
I Killed the Prom Queen (and all those mallcore bands with 100 words-names)
Swedish Erotica
REO Speedwagon
Anvil B*tch
Rymdimperiet (Swedish 80's rock band. The Swedish translation for "Star Wars"' The Galactic Empire. After realesing their first LP, they changed their name to just Imperiet, The Empire)

Last edited by Pontus on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:55 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:46 am

I always thought Vicious Rumors was a very poor choice of a band name. It sounds like some LA glam band, but obviously VR are not that. I wonder how many people ignored them assuming they were some wimpy glam rock band?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Two band names I swear I am not making up:

"Barney Rubble and the C*nt Stubble"
"Buster Hymen and the Cherries"

... I think I win. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Cat Power-I was trolling through the music station at Books-A-Million (I had a gift card), I heard some teenage girsls mention that name and thought of how stupid a name that was.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of the dumbest band names ever.   One of the dumbest band names ever. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of the dumbest band names ever.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next