Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TAB the Band

Go down 
+2
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Anyone familiar with this 3-piece band? I've seen their cd's in the used bin for $2.99. I've heard of these guys (they've got a famous connection to the music biz) but wasn't familiar with the music. I had a notion that they were sorta like The Strokes, which I don't dig. After hearing a few of their songs on MySpace though, I'm thinking about going back to pick 'em up. Kinda like a garage-rock sound more akin to, I dunno, the White Stripes. Maybe? The lead singer sometimes sounds a little like Mick Jagger. Any thoughts?

http://www.myspace.com/tabtheband

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:32 pm

No takers on these guys, huh? Oh well. I picked up both of their releases today at the used shop down town for $6 bucks. Good stuff.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Every time I see this thread I want a refreshing Tab.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:35 pm

"Kid, I can't give you a tab until you order something!"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:17 am

I'll keep pimping this band. I've been spinning their 2 releases pretty frequently and they're really catchy. Not metal, but fans of Priestess or other "retro-rock" bands would probably dig these guys. My one complaint is that the discs are too short! Each cd is only about 35 minutes long. They get in, rock, and get out quick.

BTW, nice "Back to the Future" refrence, Scotty!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks to your constant pimping of this band, I looked them up and liked what I heard, and it nice to see Joe Perry's sons are going to carry on their father's legacy forward. Also the singer does sound alot like Mick Jagger, will history repeat itself with critics comparing TAB to The Rolling Stones, like Aerosmith were.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:45 am

manny wrote:
Thanks to your constant pimping of this band, I looked them up and liked what I heard, and it nice to see Joe Perry's sons are going to carry on their father's legacy forward. Also the singer does sound alot like Mick Jagger, will history repeat itself with critics comparing TAB to The Rolling Stones, like Aerosmith were.

I was trying to avoid the Joe Perry connection just so people could hear them on their own terms, but I'm really liking these guys. The 2nd disc is slightly more polished then their debut, but they are both good.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:47 am

Yea true and the band itself has also kept the Joe Perry connection to minium, but the music stands on its own no matter who their father happens to be. Great songs are great songs and these guys are good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 am

TAB the Band 83628

New album, Zoo Noises, out now. Not that anyone cares.

http://www.myspace.com/tabtheband

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
"Kid, I can't give you a tab until you order something!"

How did I miss this excellent Back To The Future quote? Smile

and you're right, MG. No one cares. Wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 am

Eh, that's ok. I like 'em anyway. TAB the Band 209773

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 am

TAB the Band Boobie_bump

Now that I have your attention...

Finally got me a copy of their latest release, Zoo Noises, which came out in '09. Still has a bit of a Stonesy/Jagger-like vibe, but a little more polished. I think they've added a 2nd guitarist since then too. They are now a 4-piece. Added a few more instruments into their arsenal as well.

Still good though. If anyone has bothered to check out their last 2 releases, this new-ish one won't disappoint.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 am

With the Joe Perry connection....figures you put it in this section of the forum

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 am

James B. wrote:
With the Joe Perry connection....figures you put it in this section of the forum

Duh! I didn't even think about that. lol! I just thought these guys are more rock and not metal in the least bit.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:12 pm

Nooone seems to care, but I'm bumping this thread anyway. It's slow here at work today.

TAB the Band changed their name to Dead Boots and have released a new album Veronica. Not sure what prompted the name change (line-up changes maybe?), but the sound is pretty much the same as far as I could tell. Check them out, won't you...

http://deadboots.bandcamp.com/

Also on their Bandcamp page is a FREE download of their cover of 'Winter Wonderland' just in time for Labor Day!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:42 pm

I love TAB. Never saw this thread before. I own Long Weekend and Pulling Out Just Enough To Win. I've never come across their debut (though admittedly I haven't actively looked, either).

Anyway, they changed the name, if I'm remembering correctly, because they now have a fourth member. Guess they wanted something that all four of them came up with. Odd reason to change a band name, but I guess Dead Boots is better than TAB the Band. Haha.

Sadly, I do not have the new album. Not sure if there is a CD version available. I've yet to find it anywhere. =(
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Yea, I'm assuming it was a line-up change that prompted the new name. If I remember correctly, the TAB part was the first initial of the 3 band members (Tony, Adrian and Ben). As for their albums, they only put out 3 as TAB:

Pulling Out Just Enough to Win (Jan. 2008)
Long Weekend (Aug. 2008)
Zoo Noises (Jan. 2010)

Veronica is the only one under the Dead Boots moniker. And yes, it's a digital only release now, however I managed to score a cd promo copy from ebay for $5. It's probably just a cdr, but it comes with a cover and track listing. Score!

I just discovered it today, ordered it, and then promptly bumped this thread. Did you get the 'Winter Wonderland' freebie?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, I'm assuming it was a line-up change that prompted the new name. If I remember correctly, the TAB part was the first initial of the 3 band members (Tony, Adrian and Ben). As for their albums, they only put out 3 as TAB:

Pulling Out Just Enough to Win (Jan. 2008)
Long Weekend (Aug. 2008)
Zoo Noises (Jan. 2010)

Veronica is the only one under the Dead Boots moniker. And yes, it's a digital only release now, however I managed to score a cd promo copy from ebay for $5. It's probably just a cdr, but it comes with a cover and track listing. Score!

I just discovered it today, ordered it, and then promptly bumped this thread. Did you get the 'Winter Wonderland' freebie?

I did, yeah.

These guys are pretty local to me, too, which I never realized until today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TAB the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAB the Band   TAB the Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAB the Band
Page 1 of 1