Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????

Go down 
+5
SAHB Healer
Hamer12
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mr.electric39
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Empty
PostSubject: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 5:50 pm

Clearly a great hard rock/blues rock band.... (we'll ignore the techno crap)... They really hit their stride musically with 'colors', 'innocent blood', 'DMZ'... (how can you pass up Military Man... check out the 20 years version live...)

Heres a clip of them performing 'Bargain'.... a neat spin on what Pete Townsend intended but oh well....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laGonH-hAQA

Any other takers????
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 8:44 pm

I;ve always felt they were hit and miss - a good album here, a bad album there. DMZ, Colours, Innocent Blood - Good Albums, Between Heaven & Hell - no so good. Generally I didn't like the songs the Wendy sang and liked the ones that Glen sang
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 10:05 pm

Between Heaven & Hell wasn't great, but it did have one of the band's greatest songs ever, "Shadows".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 12:33 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I;ve always felt they were hit and miss - a good album here, a bad album there. DMZ, Colours, Innocent Blood - Good Albums, Between Heaven & Hell - no so good. Generally I didn't like the songs the Wendy sang and liked the ones that Glen sang

Both you and Ult make some valid points. I did always like 'Love Comes Down', Shadows, I Think You know... and 2000... from Between Heaven & Hell... But even some of their really old stuff... Lightshine, Irish Garden, Waves from 'awaiting your reply' they really did rock...

I think at times they tried to be all things to all people musically... That's where they lost a lot of folks. Even myself at times... But they really did write some trully Classic songs... but again different strokes for different folks..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Silent Screams, Reach of Love and Civil Rites are all great too.

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 1:40 pm

I like 'em.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 5:00 pm

I ditto what thejokeriv said about liking Glen Kaiser's voice but not Wendy's. I like the Rez but I have to make compilations that feature Glen to really enjoy them. Military Man is an all time classic song for sure.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 6:26 pm

I like them...and I love Wendy's voice...it seems most of my favorites are when she's singing...she reminds me (or he of her) of Les Carlson.....

Attention
Light, Light

Those are two of my favorites and she's on them......that's not to say I don't like the Glen ones.....
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:29 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Between Heaven & Hell wasn't great, but it did have one of the band's greatest songs ever, "Shadows".

I agree. I really liked their late 80's stuff like Silence Screams, Civil Rites, and Innocent Blood. Lament is very cool, too.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Silent Screams, Reach of Love and Civil Rites are all great too.

True story about 'Silence Screams'.... I was going through a pretty dry period spiritually in my life and I was driving in my car. I often talk to God when I drive (sorta like Tavia from Fiddler on the Roof)... so here I am praying asking for God to give grace, wisdom.... something to remind me that he was still with me.... Well the song 'Rain Dance' from SS starts playing as I'm talking/praying.... I'm sure you can figure what happened next.... 'Lord send your Rain...." it started raining almost immediately... yes there were clouds and all, but wow....

BTW silence screams and Civil Rites are both great discs... "Lovespeak", "Lincoln's Train"... powerful... I kinda thought reach of love was a true going through the motions... I saw Rez about 6x's "Live Bootleg", "Between Heaven & Hell" 2x's, 'Silence Screams', 'Innocent Blood' 2x's...
they were good, and always got a bit better...

I usta make Glenn Kaiser vocal compilations myself.....
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:06 am

I like REZ alot....

Waylon used to play them all the time in high school and I could leave 'em....Then a few years ago I snagged 'Innocent Blood" for like $3 at a used shop and it blew my mind..I have since snagged a few more. very solid band. Heavy as hell at times and just plain great!!! I am fond of Wendy's vox sometimes but think they work better when Glenn handles that aspect.

"Lament" is one of my favorites and sadly underated....imo.

Last edited by on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:03 pm

Shiney wrote:
I like REZ alot....

Waylon used to play them all the time in high school and I could leave 'em....Then a few years ago I snagged 'Innocent Blood" for like 43 at a used shop and it blew my mind..I have since snagged a few more. very solid band. Heavy as hell at times and just plain great!!! I am fond of Wendy's vox sometimes but think they work better when Glenn handles that aspect.

"Lament" is one of my favorites and sadly underated....imo.

Shiney love the avatar !!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Thread.....Resurrected!

Been bingeing on these guys lately. Man, they were so, so good. The song Attention is the song that got my Metal journey rolling. Will always love and appreciate these hard rock/metal pioneers. Woo!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 1:26 pm

I love most of their material.  They were my 1st concert (during silence screams or innocent blood)
Ist two albums are favorites of mine as well as anything after (and including) silence screams.
Big fan of Glen's blues output too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????   Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any fans of Rez/Rez Band/Resurrection Band ?????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: