Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

All things Metallica Empty
PostSubject: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Here you go! ONE band, ONE thread. GET IT?

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 pm

any european members planning to go to the indoor arena tour. i plan to go to the tours opening date at nottingham arena
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:31 pm

The new album is pretty decent. I might pick it up but I think I could live without it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:33 pm

i dont i could live without it. fortunately i dont have too

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:51 pm

I like the idea of having "The Metallica Thread", "The KISS Thread", "The Iced Earth Thread", etc.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 pm

TheGooch wrote:
any european members planning to go to the indoor arena tour. i plan to go to the tours opening date at nottingham arena

I tries to get tickets for the concert in Oslo in June, but it sold out in like 15 minutes. The joker who put Metallica in a 10,000 seat only venue, when they sold over 40,000 tickets in 1 hour the last time they were here, should be shot!

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:04 pm

I watched a documentary about the Black Album on VH1 classic over the weekend. It was actually pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:06 pm

xyz wrote:
I watched a documentary about the Black Album on VH1 classic over the weekend. It was actually pretty interesting.

I enjoy watching those no matter who the band is...it was the "making of" right? The Metallica one was very interesting...cool seeing that old recording footage too...
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
xyz wrote:

I enjoy watching those no matter who the band is...it was the "making of" right? The Metallica one was very interesting...cool seeing that old recording footage too...

The series was called "Classic Albums"; maybe it's the same one you're talking about. They also aired epsiodes about the Dark Side of the Moon and Who's Next. I thought those were very interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:11 pm

I agree with Spec and Eyesore, one thread for the bands, instead of ten AC/DC threads it could all fall into one, it seems to have worked great for the KISS thread, also as Eyesore suggested thru merge some of these threads, I did so Kmorg's repley to that, but if it is possible in the future that would be great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:58 pm

I think Metallica is to a point where, as much as they may try, they will never put out a record with the same fire and intensity as any of thier pre-Black Album matieral. Even trying to bring the Thrash elements back, they sound tired and unintense. There's no going back to the garage...

They proved this with St. Anger and didn't improve a lot with Death Magnetic. There is a big difference between being 21, living in a room with 3 other guys eating bologna sandwiches and being 41 living in a mansion with kids and a wife...it affects your entire life right down to your art. There's no more hunger (literally or figuratively)...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:15 pm

Totally agree Shawn. The talent is still there, but the desire to utilize it to the best of their ability is not IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:21 pm

Right...at one time they were on a mission...now its more like they're on auto-pilot...
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Very well said Shawn and Temple of Blood.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

I tries to get tickets for the concert in Oslo in June, but it sold out in like 15 minutes. The joker who put Metallica in a 10,000 seat only venue, when they sold over 40,000 tickets in 1 hour the last time they were here, should be shot!

yeah i know i know
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:51 pm

Kmorg - great idea (i.e when I started the OFFICIAL DM thread, so we didn't have 20 threads about DM).

Can't wait for the show in Jan!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think Metallica is to a point where, as much as they may try, they will never put out a record with the same fire and intensity as any of thier pre-Black Album matieral. Even trying to bring the Thrash elements back, they sound tired and unintense. There's no going back to the garage...

They proved this with St. Anger and didn't improve a lot with Death Magnetic. There is a big difference between being 21, living in a room with 3 other guys eating bologna sandwiches and being 41 living in a mansion with kids and a wife...it affects your entire life right down to your art. There's no more hunger (literally or figuratively)...

i will disagree. i think its quite intense and energetic
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Saw them last night.

THERE WERE LASERS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:01 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Saw them last night.

THERE WERE LASERS!!!!!!

Scan your ticket stub please so we can see how cool it looks.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:04 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Scan your ticket stub please so we can see how cool it looks.

Why are you suddenly a skeptic? Am I really that much of a lying bastard?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:10 pm

I just wanted to see your ticket stub. Surely you kept such a cool momento. I mean let's think about it. The ticket would have cost most of the allowance you have saved up for the last year, you wouldn't let that get out of your hands without something to hold on to after the show. My first thought was the ticket stub. Or did you have enough money to snag a shirt at the show?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 pm

I'm not that smart, I threw the stub away. Did the same thing at Gigantour...and The Blue Man Group....and Rush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I'm not that smart, I threw the stub away. Did the same thing at Gigantour...and The Blue Man Group....and Rush.

Oh I see.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:31 pm

I believe ya Shamoomoo
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:59 pm

My personal opinion is that Death Magnetic is plenty inspired and energetic. I believe that the Metallicats certainly had something to prove after St. Anger so to put out another uninspired, experimental album was not an option. I do see what you guys mean though about it being hard to have the fire in your belly when you no longer have the hunger pains in your belly. That is why I have often contended a bands best albums are usually the first 1-2-3 because they literally hungry and pouring out all their emotion and energy as opposed to later in their career (especially if they are very successful) where they are resting on their laurels and have realized that they can shat in a jewel case and their hardcore fans will still buy a million copies. Just my 2 pennies. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next