Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Things Get Electric

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

When Things Get Electric Empty
PostSubject: When Things Get Electric   When Things Get Electric Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:12 pm

Anybody besides me familiar with this Kerry Livgren masterpiece? This was one of his solo albums from the mid 90s (1995) and featured infectious, melodic, semi-hard (borderline), semi-progressive (if you don't like prog, you can still enjoy this) rock songs. Two amazing vocalists and talented guitarist (Livgren himseld) with blues infused solos that sick in the head like glue. Also there is the occasional violin playing from David Ragsale (who joined Kansas the first time Steinhardt left (he recently left again). The lyrics point to Livgren's faith but are encrypted enough for the non-believer to stomach. For instance in The Tree:

"The tree stands tall, it's mighty branches cover all. No wind can bend, it's majesty will never end."

I love every song but my favorite is Hero's Canticle. One thing this album does is make you wonder how it would have sounded from Kansas. I would recommend this to any Kansas fan (hell, even non-Kansas fans) and anyone who likes good rock music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: When Things Get Electric   When Things Get Electric Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:35 am

the only album of his I dont have Sad But I'm a big fan.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: When Things Get Electric   When Things Get Electric Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Dallas, I can't say that I am at all familiar with this disc, but I have added it to my wantlist. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: When Things Get Electric   When Things Get Electric Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:12 pm

I have Seeds Of Change which is killer!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: When Things Get Electric   When Things Get Electric Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 8:33 am

Wargod48 wrote:
I have Seeds Of Change which is killer!

Wargod49

I would love to get it if doing so wasn't so pricey (on Amazon the CD (used obviously) is over $50 and tape is over $15). I got WTGE from blastbeats, there were others but I don't remember why I chose this one but I'm glad I did-just checked and Blastbeats don't have any in stock anymore and most of the ones availiable on Amazon are still fairly pricey (even used).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: When Things Get Electric   When Things Get Electric Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:40 am

Yes, I have it as well as all his others, including Proto-Kaw. Great stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Things Get Electric   When Things Get Electric Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Things Get Electric
Page 1 of 1