Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

All things Metallica - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
The 70's were a more forgiving time. Everyone was too coked-up and wearing polyester to notice. :flower:

Well it helped that Lou Reed was not basing the material on his albums on obsure German operas

Right on. And on a more serious note, back then there wasn't such a seperation of musical genres. Artists collaborated all the time without fear of retribution. It was all just rock n roll.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 am

I have a feeling that what you stated earlier would have been very true, if it was labeled 'Lou Reed' and the sticker stated backing band on all tracks Metallica!!!, then the reaction would not have been so hostile.

Lou Reed fans ( me being one) would not have blinked an eye at this album, either we would have liked it on its own merits Metallica or no Metallica.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Metallica to perform entire Black Album at UK Download festival
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:55 pm

arachnoplasma wrote:

I would like to hear that.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:14 am

exact33 wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:

It's going to be with Lou Reed on vocals though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:20 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
exact33 wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:

It's going to be with Lou Reed on vocals though.

And Pat Boone will be joining the band on stage for Enter Sandman:

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm

is the Celion Dion duet on Holier Than Thou gonna be included as well??

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Quote :

Don't laugh. Blabbermouth sez that a song on Rihanna's (!) next album has a sample in it from "Sad But True"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Don't laugh. Blabbermouth sez that a song on Rihanna's (!) next album has a sample in it from "Sad But True"

well it will certainly live up to its name...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

well it will certainly live up to its name...

She's already pulled that kind of sh!t, enough to give you a true "Fear Of The Dark":

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:26 pm

next we will have Lou Reed guesting with those G n R refugees..... surprised

Will it be Velvet Revolver or Velvet Undergound ?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:00 pm

James B. wrote:
next we will have Lou Reed guesting with those G n R refugees..... surprised

Will it be Velvet Revolver or Velvet Undergound ?

The Velvetta Underground Railroad
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Wot next? Is Bowie gonna have a go with Godsmack?
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm looking forward to Lou Reed, the collaboration between Metallica and Lulu, next.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 pm

I think at this stage, Metallica's message is pretty loud and clear - either you like what we do or choose a different band. Much ink has been spilled about Metallica's last 2 decades of recording but at this point I see no reason to get worked up anymore...

There are just so many good new bands out there that I feel time is better spent on those bands than worrying about why Metallica doesn't sound like it used to.. it just doesn't and ultimately they will do whatever they choose to do. The choice is equal when it comes to liking what they do - I am not a fan of Lulu - I won't ever listen to it or buy it because I don't like Lou Reed at all.

I think I mentioned before, the band doesn't owe any of you (or me) anything. They couldn't give a toss how disgruntled any of us are about what they do and I don't mind that. It's not my loss in any way, just means other bands I like will get more interest from me than Metallica.

So 20 pages later ... why is anyone even bothering anymore? ( I guess I should that question to myself too..)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:11 am

Metallica tried something different and it didn't work, plain and simple. At least they *tried* something different instead of just retreading their past over and over like most metal bands.

I'd rather see a band make the attempt at something unique and fall on their face, than to play it totally safe and never try anything out of their comfort zone.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Check this out: Metallica and Lou Reed, minus the Lou Reed vocals

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:04 am

Metallica sans Lou Reed kinda reminds me of the band circa Load / Reload - instrumentally as well as the vocals resemble that era imo
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:46 am

I wish metallica would take a long break, just to get some inspiration and come back with some real thrash offering.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 am

Gilbert wrote:
I wish metallica would take a long break, just to get some inspiration and come back with some real thrash offering.

They're too old to wait 5 years between albums... They should learn from Lemmy and be more productive.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Check this out: Metallica and Lou Reed, minus the Lou Reed vocals

I would have to say the instruments themselves were part of the overall problem as well.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:07 am

Gilbert wrote:

They are taking a break... and working with Lou Reed..... And HOPEFULLY will come back with a great thrash offering
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:18 am

thejokeriv wrote:

They are taking a break... and working with Lou Reed..... And HOPEFULLY will come back with a great thrash offering

All things Metallica - Page 20 Waynes-world_l

"Shhhhhyeah. And Monkeys MIGHT fly out of my butt."

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 am

I am waiting for Metallideth.........Mega Dave back in metallica

Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:26 pm

I actually thought Death Magnetic was great. I dont bother with Lulu, certainly dont get worked up on it and choose to judge todays worth of Metallica by their next studio album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next