Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Di'Anno Box Set

Go down 
+4
manny
DeathCult
Chairman_Smith
Pontus
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

Paul Di'Anno Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Just got a mail by a Norwegian friend who told me that Amazon and Caiman sells the Paul Di'Anno box which I think includes all his work with Battlezone and Killers as well. Couldn't find it on the sites now. Someone else who knows about this or have the box?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Fight-Goes-Battlezone/dp/B00151G1B0

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7641085
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:45 pm

I'll have to buy that, my current 2 CD set splits the 2nd album in half.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:19 pm

Damn I was excited there for a minute, thought it was going to be some badass boxset with his first solo album on it as well.

This looks the same as Cessation Of Hostilities though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Deathcult are you talking about D'ianno, the self titled album from 83-84? That album was ok, but if it is that album Paul D'ianno went the opposite direction of Iron Maiden, like it was geared more toward Journey, Foriegner fans than Iron Maiden fans, it just didn't sound like a natural fit, that being said the collector in me wishes they would re-release it so I can get rid of my vinyl copy.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:46 pm

I know how the album sounds and everything, Ive made myself a disc of it from my vinyl, Id just like to see a nice disc release of it finally. Its not too bad of an album, not something Id listen to everyday, and definately not something Paul sounded like he shouldve been doing, but it was still ok. I think his whole goal with that was to distance himself from Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:57 pm

If that was his goal he was successful. After I saw your website I realized it you own ithe album, I also would like to see it re-released. I am surprised it has not been at some point.

Paul D'ianno's Battlezone was really cool band, but that seemed to be more of John Hurley's band than D'ianno, at least on the first album, since John Hurley wrote or co wrote all the material on 'Fighting Back', it has been several years since I have thrown these albums, I may do that when I get home, still only own them on crappy vinyl.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Battlezone ruled, I loved those 3 albums they made. Hurley really does seem to have creative control on Fighting Back though, you're right. I have the first two on disc as well as vinyl and later picked up the Cessation Of Hostilities comp I mentioned earlier so that I could get the Feel My Pain album and the bonus tracks, only thing that pissed me off is its missing the song "Rising Star" which looks like it was only ever on the Warchild comp, which Im still not able to find.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:14 pm

I've heard Di'Anno is going to tour the states in Nov.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:19 pm

I doubt that, it doesnt show anything on his site, I dont think he has a US visa anymore.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:21 pm

So many musicians have had a hard time getting a working Visa in the
U.S. thanks to 9/11 hysteria, that has happened to Pete Way several
times and UFO has had to hire a session bassist for their US tours.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:29 pm

I picked up children of madness on cassette the other day for 25 cents at a yard sale. im glad thats all i paid for it cause i dont really like it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:56 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I picked up children of madness on cassette the other day for 25 cents at a yard sale. im glad thats all i paid for it cause i dont really like it.

Then you suck!! That album rules.... 🤘

You could always send it to me.... *hint, hint*
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Then you suck!! That album rules.... 🤘

You could always send it to me.... *hint, hint*

its a cassette if you want it pm me

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:19 pm

manny wrote:

If memory serves, Paul Di'Anno is not allowed to enter the US anymore because he has a criminal record (he apparently was arrested for a domestic violence incident of some kind a few years back).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

If memory serves, Paul Di'Anno is not allowed to enter the US anymore because he has a criminal record (he apparently was arrested for a domestic violence incident of some kind a few years back).

Attempted manslaughter I believe actually, its in his book, I cant remember specifically what it was.

But I talked to Lea Hart in '05 or so and he said dont count on him in America anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:25 pm

I've managed to get every Dianno release except the very first album - I've not been able to find that for anything for less than a fortune.

I recently got a boxset containing the 3 Battlezone albums. It's a nice little release, but no lyrics or anything. The discs are in cardboard sleeves in a box.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:27 pm

I had the chance to buy one autographed by the whole band once, I passed because I thought the price was too high, I see what they're going for now and hate myself for it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:33 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Attempted manslaughter I believe actually, its in his book, I cant remember specifically what it was.

But I talked to Lea Hart in '05 or so and he said dont count on him in America anytime soon.

Looks like Lea Hart was wrong.....

Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno will return for his first U.S. tour in 15 years in November-January. The first dates to be announced are as follows:

Nov. 28 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Nov. 29 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Dec. 04 - Farmingdale, NY - Crazy Donkey
Dec. 19 - El Paso, TX - Uncle Paulie's Pub
Dec. 26 - San Juan Capistrano, CA - Coach House
Dec. 27 - Redondo Beach, CA - Brixton
Jan. 03 - San Marcos, CA - Jumping Turtle
Jan. 09 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon

Di'Anno recently entered the studio with German producer Deiter Roth to begin recording his new album for a 2009 release. Di'Anno stated in June 2008, "I have already fully recorded five of the songs in Germany (at Dieter's studio) and I will have the whole album finished by the end of this year. The album is very different to anything else I have ever recorded and I am so very excited about this album as it really is the business."

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:35 pm

That is good news and it sounds like this album promises to be more than just him to trying relive his Iron Maiden glory days.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Awesome! Looks like Im goin to VA in November Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:18 pm

Dec. 19 - El Paso, TX - Uncle Paulie's Pub

Ohh.... My.... Goodness.... Shocked

I shall go.... Yes.... I shall go.....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm trying to talk a couple friends of going to Jaxx in Nov. to see this tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Visa denied   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Unfortunately his visa was again denied by the US government... :-(

The Iron Maidens were to do a couple of shows with him that they just cancelled...

http://www.theironmaidens.com
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 pm

bbbtemp wrote:
Unfortunately his visa was again denied by the US government... :-(

The Iron Maidens were to do a couple of shows with him that they just cancelled...

[url=http://www.theironmaidens.com
http://www.theironmaidens.com[/quote[/url]]

DAMN!! angry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di'Anno Box Set   Paul Di'Anno Box Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul Di'Anno Box Set
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next