Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul DiAnno Retiring

Go down 
+8
BearOnUnicycle
manny
Dave the Boss
Wayne
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Paul DiAnno Retiring Empty
PostSubject: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:56 pm

From Blabbermouth:

Former IRON MAIDEN Singer PAUL DI'ANNO Announces 'Farewell' Tour - July 9, 2012 Due to a number of health issues, including a knee problem which will require surgery soon, former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno has announced that he will stop touring next year.

In a statement to his fans released earlier today, Paul said, "I am gonna be 'pulling the plug' next year 2013, and making it my 'farewell tour'... It was good whilst it lasted."

According to Michael Salenius, Di'Anno's Swedish booking manager and tour manager, next year will be "a big, fantastic" last touring year for Paul, with a lot of solo shows, festival appearances and Di'Anno vs. Blaze Bayley concerts. You will also see various guest musicians joining Paul on stage.

Di'Anno recorded two classic albums with IRON MAIDEN before being fired and replaced by Bruce Dickinson. He went on to front a number of other bands, including KILLERS and BATTLEZONE, and released several solo records.

"DiAnno Vs. Blaze Bayley concerts?" Now that might actually be interesting. \'arry \'eadbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 am

I'm surprised he's still around to begin with. I hardly ever hear about him.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 am

lol yeah, so the club tours are over
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 am

I am guessing he will never play in the US again since his last jail term.......
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:15 am

I like the sound of Paul vs blaze. I assume this means they'll do a tour together playing iron maiden songs from their respective albums with the band. Would definitely pay to see that if they tour near me.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 am

Who cares? It's not like he recorded anything half decent after that first solo album of his (which isn't even that good to begin with).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:58 am

I really liked his Paul D'ianno's Battlezone albums but most of his solo material was sub par to put it nicely
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:46 am

manny wrote:
I really liked his Paul D'ianno's Battlezone albums but most of his solo material was sub par to put it nicely
The only Di'Anno material which is good-to great. Especially "London" "Metal Tears" haha.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:40 pm

They will be playing in March next year close to where I live. I marked it already in my calendar as this will be the last opportunity for me to see Paul live .
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Not to be disrespectful, but he shoulda retired a LONG time ago. Last time he was here he sounded terrible. Had to have help on and off the stage, probably drunker than hell too. He's a super nice guy and full of hilarious stories... but he really needs to stop touring and such. He's not a young guy and when the vocals sound worse than a kindergartener, thats when its time to quit.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:31 pm

does that mean he is going back to jail?

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 pm

I wonder if this old geezer can even attract flies in small clubs and yeah pretty much agree to all your statements here, he's long overdue and he should've done it two decades ago
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 am

IMO Paul D'ianno has to be the one talented who wasted so much potential, instead of using his Iron Maiden past to help him launch a solo career, for the last 25 years or more, he has done but play in tribute bands to his own past. What a waste the guy at one time had an incredible voice and was a hell of a frontman, none which you would believe if you saw him perform now adays.

His first solo band D'ianno, released one album, in a watered down Journey type of rock, the music was unmemorable but at least the guy could still sing.

His next band Paul D'ianno's Battlezone releases two strong albums, postive ink from the metal press and what does he do, he breaks up the band and goes into a drug induced free fall. I am glad he survived it but wish he tired to do more then be his own tribute act.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 am

EmoElmo wrote:
I wonder if this old geezer can even attract flies in small clubs and yeah pretty much agree to all your statements here, he's long overdue and he should've done it two decades ago

He filled the clubs on his last US tour and reports from friends in Europe is that he is still filling clubs. He has no probably filling clubs, he's just not anything more that a club attraction.

Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:34 am

I loved the killers album 'murder one', brilliant album and this band could have been great but the second album was awful.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 3:29 am

I really like many of P.D solo songs and albums.
Anyways, I heard Mad Axeman....and the singer sounded like Paul.
Especially his yells.
The band sounds like a band he’d put together.
It was kind of fun thinking he was singing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Retiring   Paul DiAnno Retiring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul DiAnno Retiring
Page 1 of 1