Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour

Go down 
+7
Wayne
DeathCult
nevermore
mikeinfla
exact33
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Empty
PostSubject: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Bummer for anyone who was looking forward to this (I'm looking in your general direction, Leo...)

Quote :
Intromental Worldwide, the company which was in charge of booking former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno's summer 2012 North American tour, has released the following statement toBLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"It is with deep regret that Intromental Worldwide announces that Paul Di'Anno and his management have decided to cancel the upcoming North American tour already scheduled and confirmed for this summer.Intromental was acting in the capacity of booking agents for the tour.

"The cancelation is 100% beyond our control, and it comes after the majority of the tour was confirmed and announced. We're extremely dissatisfied with how things were handled by Paul Di'Anno and his management as we were given no explanation other than 'Paul chooses not to do this tour.' Given the history and previous cancelations, we are not entirely surprised.

"This very untimely decision is affecting promoters, agents and the bands involved in the tour in many ways, including financially. We're very sorry about this turn of events and apologize to all fans, promoters and venues who supported our efforts in booking this tour."

Di'Anno's backing and support band for this summer's North American tour was supposed to be Cleopatra recording artist ICARUS WITCH. This run of dates, however, was also slated to include Earache buzz bandCAULDRON and Pure Steel traditional metal maniacs WIDOW. The tour was set to cover the U.S. and Canada from July 25 to September 2.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:08 pm

LOL!!! Was going to skip it this year because it was a weeknight in Baltimore and I've seen him twice.

I am willing to be he was denied a Visa to enter the US since he just got out of jail.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 pm

I had forgotten about that. Your probably right.

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:32 am

I've been outta the loop for quite some time on DiAnno. What is his current style? Did he ever release songs that sounded like Maiden? And I've always wondered if there was bad blood between him and Maiden. I think he would have been a good choice to bring back instead of Blayze. I also notice on Maiden tribute albums he only does the songs from the first two albums. Would love to hear him on a tribute doing something like The Trooper.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Supposedly the tour is going to be rescheduled. I was making plans to hit the Raleigh, NC stop. It would be great to see Paul performing the Maiden classics but I was just as excited to get to see Cauldron, Icarus Witch and Widow.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Damn, I was going to try to go this year too. Still haven't seen him recently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:44 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I've been outta the loop for quite some time on DiAnno. What is his current style? Did he ever release songs that sounded like Maiden? And I've always wondered if there was bad blood between him and Maiden. I think he would have been a good choice to bring back instead of Blayze. I also notice on Maiden tribute albums he only does the songs from the first two albums. Would love to hear him on a tribute doing something like The Trooper.

I saw him on his last two tours, he basically plays all of Iron Maiden a some of Killers, a song or two he recorded after he got fired from Maiden and calls it a show. It's more entertaining to watch him rant between songs - whether it's at the sound guy, or people in the audience.....

He doesn't speak bad about Maiden - he still gets royalty checks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:07 am

I was under the impression that Paul sold his share of the rights to the first two maiden albums a long time ago and hasn't received a royalty cheque in years! I either read that in the 'run to the hills' book or it was mentioned on a documentary I watched (possibly early years part 1).

It's a shame he got stuck in the Maiden loop really as he's done some really good stuff outside of Maiden, particularly love 'murder one' by killers. He just never got over being fired by maiden, probably made worse over the years by maiden getting bigger and bigger and he's always felt he missed out.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:15 am

That sucks...I know Widow was totally psyched for it...

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:33 pm

I love the first 2 Maiden albums and DiAnnos singing on them as well, but ever since he hasn't been in Maiden he just isn't the same. I've tried to listen to some of his stuff I have or had a cassette around here somewhere but it did nothing for me. His more recent stuff is even worse, trying to sound like Pantera.... it's almost embarrasing knowing he was in Maiden. I've tried and tried to like his solo stuff but it does nothing for me.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 pm

I think Battlezone is the best thing he did after Maiden, the only time he sounded comfortable and confident IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:13 pm

I had this cassette. Didn't like it.
Paul Di'Anno's Battlezone - Children of Madness" border="0" alt=""/>

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 am

Aside from the entertaining antics of Dianno (and I'm a big fan of his various projects), I'd be more than happy to just see the other three bands on this tour.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:26 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I had this cassette. Didn't like it.
Paul Di'Anno's Battlezone - Children of Madness" border="0" alt=""/>

That one is not too bad but prefer the first album 'Fighting Back' or something like that. I still have those two albums on vinyl, I have not gotten around to replacing them on CD yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour   Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul DiAnno cancels U.S. Tour
Page 1 of 1