Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Empty
PostSubject: Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP   Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 pm

Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Captur19

Apparently while I haven't been paying attention, O.G. Iron Maiden vocalist Paul DiAnno started a new band/project called "Warhorse," which is basically him and a couple of dudes from Croatia. They have an album coming out later in 2024 but a three song teaser/EP titled Stop The War is floating around online as we speak.

Title track to "Stop The War" on YouTube:

What sayest thou, fellow metal geeks?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP   Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 pm

Sounds fine to me. Catchy, heavy. Those Croatians seem to know what they are doing, and Paul sings perfectly alright.

Lyrics are a little on the nose, but I agree with the message. *Ugh, what is it good for*
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP   Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 pm

Good song. Paul sounds very good!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP   Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 11:38 am

Not bad!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP   Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 11:42 am

I gave the three tracks a few spins while walking my dog last night. Sounds pretty good, I actually thought it sounded more like latter-day Judas Priest than anything Maiden-related.

I might write a few words about this one on my blog. I've been on a self imposed hiatus from doing reviews for a couple of months, but I may not be able to resist writing one for ol' Paul.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP   Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 2:59 pm

Yeah, I thought he sounded like Rob Halford, too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP   Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 4:00 pm

Sounds pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP   Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul DiAnno Returns with "Warhorse" EP
Page 1 of 1