Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin to tour?

Go down 
+11
metalmaniac122
TrogDawn
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
tohostudios
XYZ
Addy
manny
TheGooch
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:34 pm

man, lots of drama going on. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:36 pm

i would like steven tyler to do it just so i could see a member of aerosmith in concert seeing as the odds of aerosmith touring are a billion to one
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:59 pm

Gooch I am sure Aerosmith will tour again, so you may get a chance in 2009 (I hope).

I agree that Page and Plant are magicial together, but if Page, Jones, Bonham, and whoever fronts the band, it should be really good,
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:02 am

yeah i am 100 percent sure it will be an excellent show to see.

apparently aerosmith are to tour next year
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:37 am

i agree, Steven Tyler + David Coveradale + who ?= replacements for Plant.
but never happen if AERO goin on tour next year and David C. is out of sing a song for the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:45 am

Here is the latest or maybe I should more of the same from the Zep camp:

According to the Robert Plant Newswire, former Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant confirmed to the Birmingham Evening Mail on November 6th that he would not be joining guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham on the road for the proposed reunion tour. He said it was partly because he'd be busy working on the follow-up to his award winning "Raising Sand" LP.

"In January, I'm starting to record a new album with Alison Krauss and T Bone Burnett," he revealed, before adding, "but I understand that everyone's got to eat," implying that the band has his blessing to tour without him.

He also imparted one piece of significant information: "They won't be calling it Led Zeppelin!"

Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham recently confirmed that they are contemplating going on the road without Robert Plant, and have jammed witih several potential replacements. Sources have indicated that the leading candidate for the job is Myles Kennedy of the band Alter Bridge.

When asked about the collaboration, an unnamed spokesperson for Page's management company, QPrime, told RollingStone.com, "Whatever this is, it is not Led Zeppelin. Not without the involvement of Robert Plant."

Rumors have been circulating for weeks that Led Zeppelin, minus Plant, have been rehearsing with other singers for a potential tour. The band reunited last December for a charity concert in London, and speculation about a full tour has been high ever since. But Plant has indicated that he has no desire to do any live work with anyone for at least the next two years.

John Paul Jones confirmed to the BBC that the band has been rehearsing with other vocalists, but he did not mention any names. Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford told a radio show that Steven Tyler had jammed with the group "for fun," while other names in the rumor mill have included Jack White, Sammy Hagar, Dave Grohl and Chris Cornell. White denied that he was approached, while Cornell said he has not been contacted either.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:47 am

Another and possible final statement regarding Led Zeppelin or Page/Jones and Bonham project:

Yesterday, Jimmy Page’s manager Peter Mensch told 6Music that Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham would be searching for a singer to replace Robert Plant. Today, Mensch has emphatically stated that Led Zeppelin is over. Will it ever end…After yesterday’s statement that Led Zep will be carrying on, Musicradar have published an interview in which Mensch says: “Led Zeppelin are over! If you didn’t see them in 2007, you missed them. It’s done. I can’t be any clearer than that.”
“They tried out a few singers, but no one worked out,” Mensch continues. “That was it. The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it.”
When pushed on what Page would be working on in 2009, Mensh responded “Fuck if I know. I’m waiting to hear.”
Meanwhile, Robert Plant has completely stepped away from the idea of a Zeppelin reunion and is set to hit the studio with Alison Krauss later on this month to begin work on the follow-up to ‘Raising Sand’.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:34 pm

i've read that and i have to say ... i'm so disappointed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:36 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
i've read that and i have to say ... i'm so disappointed.

You would have been more disappointed if you saw them with Plant and he sucked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Just have the guys get Ann Wilson to front the band. She'll hit all the right notes.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:22 pm

I didnot want Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones to call their project Led Zeppelin, but I wish they would record an album with Myles Kennedy under a different name, I would have been interested to see what they would have come up with.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Page + Coverdale = mkII and we got what we want
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:12 am

Mr Plant finally comments on his decision and to me at least it seems pretty reasonable explaination:

According to Gigwise.com, Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has revealed that he decided against performing again with the band over fears a full reunion might disappoint fans.

Speaking to Absolute Radio's Ben Jones, Plant said it would have been "delicate" to "visit old ground" again with the group.

"The disappointment that could be there once you commit to that and the comparisons to something that was basically fired by youth and a different kind of exuberance to now, its very hard to go back and meet that head on and do it justice," he said.

"The reason that it stopped was because we were incomplete, and we've been incomplete now for 28 years."

Plant added that it was important to "guard the discretion" of the band's past material and "make sure that you have all the reasons in the right place to be able to do something with absolute, total conviction."

"I mean, if my great award is to do this, then I don't want to do anything where we challenge what we did in the first place by just going back and visiting it without having a new, fresh makeover start."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:41 am

manny wrote:
Mr Plant finally comments on his decision and to me at least it seems pretty reasonable explaination:

According to Gigwise.com, Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has revealed that he decided against performing again with the band over fears a full reunion might disappoint fans.

Speaking to Absolute Radio's Ben Jones, Plant said it would have been "delicate" to "visit old ground" again with the group.

"The disappointment that could be there once you commit to that and the comparisons to something that was basically fired by youth and a different kind of exuberance to now, its very hard to go back and meet that head on and do it justice," he said.

"The reason that it stopped was because we were incomplete, and we've been incomplete now for 28 years."

Plant added that it was important to "guard the discretion" of the band's past material and "make sure that you have all the reasons in the right place to be able to do something with absolute, total conviction."

"I mean, if my great award is to do this, then I don't want to do anything where we challenge what we did in the first place by just going back and visiting it without having a new, fresh makeover start."

That's a reasonable explaination. But why did he wait so long? Had he said this from the get-go, it would have alievated some of this pressure and build-up for nothing.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am

Kudos to Robert Plant for sticking with integrity on this issue. I'm also glad he's going to do a followup album with Alison Krauss, I really enjoyed Raising Sand.

As for the Page/Jones/Bohnam II - use a different name gang. Spec's Ann Wilson suggestion actually ain't a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 am

detuned wrote:
Kudos to Robert Plant for sticking with integrity on this issue. I'm also glad he's going to do a followup album with Alison Krauss, I really enjoyed Raising Sand.

As for the Page/Jones/Bohnam II - use a different name gang. Spec's Ann Wilson suggestion actually ain't a bad idea.

That is an excellent suggestion, she can still sing her ass off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:53 am

Led Heart
Heart Of Zeppelin

or

Zepp Mongers

lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Well there will be no Led Zeppelin reunion in the foreseeable future, you can see what John Paul Jones is up to:

John Paul Jones is set for a TV performance with former Nickel Creek fiddler, Sara Watkins.
The pair are due to perform on the new, late night US chat show ‘Late Night With Jimmy Fallon’, alongside house band The Roots.
JPJ handled production duties on Watkins eponymous debut solo album, which was released yesterday, and also performed on tour with Watkins back in 2004.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Here's John Paul Jones brief (very brief) reason why Led Zep without Plant did not tour, nothing really surprising:

Bassist John Paul Jones has told BBC News that there were plans in 2008 for the original Led Zeppelin members to hit the road without frontman Robert Plant — under a different name — which were later abandoned.
Now, John Paul Jones who is currently playing with Them Crooked Vultures, also featuring Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl and Josh Homme from Queens Of The Stone Age — said things have worked out for the best. "Jimmy [Page] and I rehearsed a bit with Jason Bonham and we couldn't really agree on singers and that fell by the wayside," he said. "Then this came along and to be honest, I'm really happy."
Them Crooked Vultures made their first official single, called "New Fang," available to radio stations on Monday, October 26th. The song is also streaming at the band's web site and is taken from their self-titled debut album, which is due for release on November 17th. Meanwhile, following their first North American tour of mostly East Coast cities earlier this month, the group will next head west for four shows in November.
The band will perform on November 17th at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles, November 19th at the Fox Theater in Oakland, November 21st at the Paramount Theater in Seattle, and November 22nd at the Roseland Theater in Portland, Oregon. Tickets go on sale this weekend for all four shows.
Them Crooked Vultures will head to the U.K. and Europe in December, followed by Australia and New Zealand in January.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:27 pm

The new single from Them Crooked Vultures...ROCKS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin to tour?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4