Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ZEPPELIN!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

ZEPPELIN! Empty
PostSubject: ZEPPELIN!   ZEPPELIN! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:33 am

Led Zeppelin Readies Fall Reissue Bonanza

Led Zeppelin
July 27, 2007, 2:25 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, Akron, Ohio
Led Zeppelin fans will have a lot to celebrate this fall thanks to the release of three new titles in multiple configurations. First up on Nov. 13 via Atlantic/Rhino is a two-disc, 24-track best-of, "Mothership." A deluxe reissue of the soundtrack to the 1976 concert film "The Song Remains the Same" with previously unreleased material and a new DVD edition of that movie will arrive Nov. 20 via Atlantic/Rhino and Warner Home Video, respectively.

"Mothership," tracks for which were chosen by surviving members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, represents all eight of the band's studio albums. In addition to a two-disc set, the album will also be available in both "deluxe" and "collector's" editions with a DVD featuring varied live content from the previously released "Led Zeppelin DVD." A 4-LP vinyl package will also be sold.

As for the "The Song Remains the Same" soundtrack, it now sports six songs not included on the original album: "Black Dog," "Over the Hills and Far Away," "Misty Mountain Hop," "Since I've Been Loving You," "The Ocean" and "Heartbreaker." The album and film were recorded during a July 1973 stand at New York's Madison Square Garden.

"The Song Remains the Same" DVD includes all 14 songs from the original concert for the first time plus previously unreleased performances of "Over the Hills and Far Away," "Celebration Day," "The Ocean" and "Misty Mountain Hop." Rounding out the bonus items are a 1976 BBC interview with Plant and band manager Peter Grant and contemporary footage from the robbery at New York's Drake Hotel during the MSG run.

Beyond a standard DVD, the film will be sold in both HD DVD and Blu-ray formats, as well as a limited collector's edition that includes the soundtrack, a T-shirt with the original album art and reproductions of memorabilia from the era.

All the catalog activity gives further heft to rumors Plant, Page and Jones will reunite to perform at a proposed Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert this fall in London. Although no details have been announced, the group is also said to be mulling offers to tour under the Led Zeppelin name in 2008 with the late John Bonham's son Jason filling in on drums.

Here is the track list for "Mothership:

Disc One:
"Good Times Bad Times"
"Communication Breakdown"
"Dazed and Confused"
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"
"Whole Lotta Love"
"Ramble On"
"Heartbreaker"
"Immigrant Song"
"Since I've Been Loving You"
"Rock and Roll"
"Black Dog"
"When the Levee Breaks"
"Stairway to Heaven"

Disc Two:
"The Song Remains the Same"
"Over the Hills and Far Away"
"D'Yer Maker"
"No Quarter"
"Trampled Under Foot"
"Houses of the Holy"
"Kashmir"
"Nobody's Fault But Mine"
"Achilles Last Stand"
"In the Evening"
"All My Love"

Here is the track list for "The Song Remains the Same":

Disc One:
"Rock and Roll"
"Celebration Day"
"Black Dog"
"Over the Hills and Far Away"
"Misty Mountain Hop"
"Since I've Been Loving You"
"No Quarter"
"The Song Remains the Same"
"The Rain Song"
"The Ocean"

Disc Two:
"Dazed and Confused"
"Stairway to Heaven"
"Moby Dick"
"Heartbreaker"
"Whole Lotta Love"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

ZEPPELIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEPPELIN!   ZEPPELIN! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:33 am

I'll probably snag the Song Remains the Same. It's the only Zeppelin CD I don't currently own. As for best-of collections, well, I already have 2 different box sets. I don't need another best of collection.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

ZEPPELIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEPPELIN!   ZEPPELIN! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 2:27 pm

Awesome stuff. The Song Remains The Same soundtrack has been missing something for years and these extra tracks maybe just what THAT is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

ZEPPELIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEPPELIN!   ZEPPELIN! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 6:17 am

the song remains the same film is strange. robert plant is a knight and jimmy page climbs up a cliff face
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

ZEPPELIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEPPELIN!   ZEPPELIN! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:45 pm

Cool, yeah I will probably get The Song Remains the Same. I don't have it yet on CD. I hope they do reunite and play with Jason. I wonder why thoses songs were left off of the original release of The Song Remains the Same.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

ZEPPELIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEPPELIN!   ZEPPELIN! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 11:16 pm

journeyman wrote:
I wonder why thoses songs were left off of the original release of The Song Remains the Same.

Probably because the label wanted the soundtrack album to match the film. Dazed and Confused fit on one side of the vinyl but it was 26 minutes long. The other songs just wouldn't fit. just a guess, 3 vinyl discs... too expensive....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

ZEPPELIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEPPELIN!   ZEPPELIN! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:05 pm

That's right. I bumped a 1 1/2 year old thread to post a guy playing my favorite Zeppelin song VERY well. Score one for us old guys!

"Rain Song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU9HiwmcLWQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ZEPPELIN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEPPELIN!   ZEPPELIN! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZEPPELIN!
Page 1 of 1