Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin to tour?

Go down 
+11
metalmaniac122
TrogDawn
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
tohostudios
XYZ
Addy
manny
TheGooch
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:45 pm

I'll third the recomendation for that DVD set. When I saw it was priced at only $20 I was sure a mistake had been made (not that I asked, I just bought the thing). Very Happy

I've watched it more than any other music DVD I own.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:45 pm

wow it must be good
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Yeah! Great idea! I'd also plop down hundreds of dollars to see a Rolling Stones tour sans Jagger Rolling Eyes

That would be the best Rolling Stones show ever.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:50 pm

i wouls just like to see the stones with or without jagger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:21 pm

Schbopo wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Yeah! Great idea! I'd also plop down hundreds of dollars to see a Rolling Stones tour sans Jagger Rolling Eyes

That would be the best Rolling Stones show ever.

Schumo I know your young but Jagger is a legend for a reason, The Stones are good and Jagger is hell of a frontman.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:30 pm

I can't stand him. silent
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Jagger is crying all the way to bank
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:48 pm

is it me or does keith Richards look like the walking dead these days
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Gooch Keith Richards has looked that way since the Johnson Administration
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Here is the latest update from Rolling Stone regarding a Plant-less reunion:

After weeks of rumor and hearsay, Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones has all but confirmed the band will soon hit the road again. Unfortunately, the reunion this time won’t include Robert Plant. As Jones said to a Manson’s Guitar Show in England last weekend, Jimmy Page, Jason Bohnam and himself are all “itching” to hit the road after reuniting in London back in December 2007. However, Plant has been occupied with his tour with Alison Krauss. So while Plant hopes to reunite with his Led Zep bandmates “in a couple of years,” Jones said Led Zeppelin will instead go on tour with another vocalist in place. “As soon as we know who it is, we’ll let you know who it is,” Jones said of the new singer. This may all be just posturing in an attempt to force Plant’s hand to join them on tour, despite Plant’s claims that he won’t tour again “for at least the next two years.” In news that Led Zeppelin fans might enjoy more than the prospect of seeing the band with another singer, Jones also hinted that the band’s legendary reunion concert from London’s O2 Arena might eventually be released on DVD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 am

What's the stick up Robert Plant's arse? Plant hopes to reunite with his Led Zep bandmates “in a couple of years,”, Coupla years? What, when they're all in their 80's and Jason is the youngster at 60?

Let's see, play second banana to Alison Krauss in small theaters or hop in the driver seat of the tractor trailor full of cash parked in my driveway and tour with Zeppelin?

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:25 am

maybe he thinks the cash would undermine his integretity or summat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:41 am

TheGooch wrote:

Shoot! He's been able to work on his "artistic integrity" since John Bonham ordered his last cocktail. It's been almost 30 years, Robert. Time to cash in!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 am

If it does not happen now it is never going to happen. Jimmy Page is 64 years old, and is John Paul Jones is 63 years old. Also Robert Plant's vocal range has diminished since the Zep days. If the Police and Van Halen reunions can rake in so much money could you imagine how much a Led Zeppelin tour would bring in.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

Shoot! He's been able to work on his "artistic integrity" since John Bonham ordered his last cocktail. It's been almost 30 years, Robert. Time to cash in!

yeah i would like him to cash in as well. because zep without plant is not led zep
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:26 pm

Here is the latest regarding the Led Zeppelin reunion and Chris Cornell:

03-Nov-08Chris Cornell Shoots Down Rumors He'd Be Replacing Robert Plant In Led Zeppelin

Submitted by: DSR

Former Soundgarden and Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell has spoken out for the first time about rumors that he's been asked to fill in for Robert Plant on a proposed Led Zeppelin reunion tour. The tour would feature original guitarist Jimmy Page, original bassist John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham taking over on drums for his late father, John Bonham, reports Chris Harris of mtv.com.

Cornell has been mentioned — along with Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl, former Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar, White Stripes mastermind Jack White and Alter Bridge's Myles Kennedy — as a potential fill-in for Robert Plant who has already said that he wouldn't take part in the tour.

"I have not been approached so far to fill in for Robert Plant on the upcoming Zeppelin tour, but that isn't to say I won't be," Cornell told MTV News. "I've heard that from about 200 people now, and it might be one of those situations where it's just an online rumor or it might be true. But if you see anyone from Led Zeppelin around, let me know. I think I should actually fill in for Jimmy Page on the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss tour."

Cornell's denial comes just a day after Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford confirmed reports that frontman Steven Tyler recently met with Zeppelin for an impromptu jam session. "They did it for fun," Whitford said during an appearance on the syndicated show "Todd N Tyler Radio Empire." "I actually think Jimmy wanted Steven to come over and play a little bit because I think he was trying to light a fire under Robert."

Rumors of a Zeppelin reunion tour have abounded since the iconic band played a single reunion set last year at London's O2 Arena. Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider added fuel to the fire last month when he revealed that the group was thinking of touring, with or without Plant.

According to Snider, the rest of the band told Plant, " 'We're all rehearsed, we're ready to go. Here's a gazillion dollars on the table. If you don't do it, we're going out with this kid [Myles Kennedy].' "

"And he can sing the sh-- out of Zeppelin," Snider added. "They're going to hope that Robert, at the last minute, will go, 'OK,' and step in."

In a recent interview, Jones told BBC Radio Devon that a new singer was being sought to take over for Plant. "We are trying out a couple of singers," he said. "We want to do it. It's sounding great, and we want to get on and get out there."

But Jones insists that he, Page and Bonham aren't interested in finding a Plant clone. "It's got to be right," he said. "There's no point in just finding another Robert. You could get that out of a tribute band, but we don't want to be our own tribute band. There would be a record and a tour, but everyone has to be onboard."

Of course, even if Zeppelin were to approach him, Cornell might be too busy to take over vocals for the band. His upcoming Timbaland-produced solo LP, Scream, will be released within the next few months. Cornell told MTV News last month that some of his fans might consider Scream something of a departure, but he doesn't see it that way.

"It makes me happy that there's this perception that I have a group of fans that I'm now sort of throwing a curve at and what their reaction will be," he said. "But I've been in this situation so many times already. When I put out [1999's] Euphoria Morning, my main goal was to create an album that sounded like nothing I'd done in Soundgarden, and I did that. I also had that with Temple of the Dog, where I showed up with songs that weren't necessarily riff-based. And then, of course, the pairing of me and members of Rage Against the Machine had everyone sort of speculating about what that would sound like.

"It feels like I've done this so many times that when it's presented to me as being a departure, I feel that's a misconception," he added. "I feel like that's my theme at this point."
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Zeppelin has always remained highly respected, IMO, because they HAVEN'T done stupid shi'ite like this and stuck to their guns with parking it in the hangar after Bonzo died, but perhaps that's about to change... lame

The three living members + the fruit of Bonzo's loins is the only lineup of Zep I personally would pay to see.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:10 pm

They can take whoever they want as long as they don't call it LED ZEPPELIN...call it BLACK DOG or ZOSO or something...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:10 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Zeppelin has always remained highly respected, IMO, because they HAVEN'T done stupid shi'ite like this and stuck to their guns with parking it in the hangar after Bonzo died, but perhaps that's about to change... lame

The three living members + the fruit of Bonzo's loins is the only lineup of Zep I personally would pay to see.

I agree if they want to tour without Robert Plant, that is cool but don't call it Led Zeppelin.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:14 pm

seconded. i would go see them whoever sings just to see jimmy play guitar. only if the dont have Plant then call it something else like Heaven and Hell did
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Do you think the members are putting out these statements just to light a fire under Robert's arse, hoping he'll reconsidder?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Do you think the members are putting out these statements just to light a fire under Robert's arse, hoping he'll reconsidder?

I think so, John Paul Jones has hinted as much, but Robert Plant does not seem interested at the moment but who knows what is going behind the scenes as for as what is being discussed in terms of money etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:07 pm

1. Plant has enough cash to purchase the world, I have a feeling he's holding out because he just isn't feeling it right now, that's his choice and I respect him for it.

2. I also understand the rest of the group feeling they NEED to hit the road, when the music bug hits you need to react.

3. Hopefully they won't call it Led Zeppelin without Plant...hell...just call it "Zepp", I think everyone in the world would know who you're talking about.

4. It's most likely all a publicity stunt to try and force Plant's hand to join the group. Kind of a crappy way of going about it...
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Led Zeppelin Tour Singer   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Supposedly Robert Plant will not be joining led zeppelin on tour:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003878478

My question is who would you like to see take his place?

1oo POSTS!!! 🤘

Last edited by metalmaniac122 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Robert Plant has always kept a respectful distance from his Led Zeppelin past and it was in til his solo career was well established that he started throwing in led Zeppelin numbers in his set in 1988.

I have a feeling that he has been the lone hold out in any reunion talks, and did the short lived Jimmy Page/Robert Plant project more to protect the led Zeppelin legacy than exploit it in the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin to tour?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next