Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin to tour?

Go down 
+11
metalmaniac122
TrogDawn
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
tohostudios
XYZ
Addy
manny
TheGooch
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Led Zeppelin to tour? Empty
PostSubject: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 am

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00018649.html
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:02 am

Sad to say no reunion, at least not yet according to statement robert Plant released here is the link:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/449033-robert-plant-denies-led-zeppelin-reunion
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:45 pm

rats. steven tyler is apparently going to fill robs shoes but whoever does it, i guess its not the same. i would still go though
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:43 am

Here is the lastest news on the non Led Zeppelin reunion, I am not sure if I post it on here or Alter Bridge thread.

The Canadian PressTORONTOÂ -- Dee Snider of Twisted Sister fame says his manager has
the inside scoop on Led Zeppelin's rumoured tour plans.
Led Zeppelin frontman
Robert Plant released a statement Sept. 29 saying he "has no intention
whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years."
Plant
said the statement was in response to repeated reports that he would join his
old band for a much-anticipated tour.
But Snider has told MuchMoreMusic that
his manager, who also represents Plant, claims the other members of Led Zeppelin
are planning a tour without the singer.
Snider says Jimmy Page, John Paul
Jones and Jason Bonham have rehearsed and are ready to hit the road with singer
Myles Kennedy of the band Alter Bridge.
Snider claims there's "a gazillion
dollars on the table" for Plant to do the tour, but it will go on without
him.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:49 am

I never could get into Zepplin minus a few songs theyre just not my cup of tea
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:11 am

Yeah! Great idea! I'd also plop down hundreds of dollars to see a Rolling Stones tour sans Jagger or an Aerosmith tour without Stephen Tyler. Apparently everyone is expendable as long as all the money is lined up. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 am

They should just call David Coverdale up, and offer him the gig, I really liked the the only CD Coverdale/Page made in the mid 90's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:49 am

manny wrote:
They should just call David Coverdale up, and offer him the gig, I really liked the the only CD Coverdale/Page made in the mid 90's.

Coverdale is an obvious choice, but if he declines, I'm sure they can get Lenny Wolf for a cheap price.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:53 am

Why the guy from Alter Bridge, he is a great vocalist, but how would he sound singing those Led Zeppelin classics, him and Plant sound miles apart in style and vocal range.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:48 am

Without Plant?!!? NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Zeppelin. But I appreciate that Plant is doing new things, I.E. duets with Krauss, and not rehashing thirty year old songs.

Let us remember the good ol days, not reinvent them.

Look at all the retardness AC/DC is getting themselves into lately! Paige, say it ain't so!

- Robbie
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:07 pm

This would be incredibly stupid to go on tour without Plant. It's like Queen with out Freddie. Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Just for the record (because I KNEW this would get deep sixed quickly), I posted a thread asking about the purpose of this forum.. For all you forum Nazi mods/admins out there...

Quote from Mr. Kmorg:

Quote :
My intentions was to have 1 room for metal bands, and hard rock is on that category, and 1 for non-metal / non-hard rock. So the Sound Of Music is for Everything non-metal related.

So STOP FREAKIN' MOVING ANY NON-METAL BAND TO THIS FORUM!!!!

Queen for instance, really belongs in the Heart of Metal forum. I'm not saying anyone moved this thread but members have been so intimidated by previous thread relocations that anything remotely non-metal ends up here.

Enough already.

Thank you.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 am

xyz wrote:
This would be incredibly stupid to go on tour without Plant. It's like Queen with out Freddie. Oh wait...

what the queen that tours without john deacon as well. sure i would love to see brian may play guitar but not in queen
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 am

I am sure if they go on without Robert Plant and they will tour and record under a new named, like Altered Zeppelin or Led Bridge.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:55 pm

:eyesore:
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Shouldn't the bowl that guy is stirring be labelled "smurf poo"?

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:33 pm

It does. What are you reading?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:48 pm

oh well guess i will never see led zeppelin
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 pm

TheGooch wrote:
oh well guess i will never see led zeppelin

Buy the Led Zeppelin DVD, it would be cheaper than a ticket would be if they had actually toured , in the DVD they are young in their prime and kicking ass.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:59 am

i already have it and it is very good. i presume you mean the song remains the same.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:11 am

No I meant the other led Zeppelin DVD entitled " DVD" it is five hours of Led Zeppelin excellent highly recommended, the Song Remains the Same is good but DVD is better, you can grab on Amazon at fairly decent price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Led Zeppelin to tour? 516PG9FBGML._SL500_AA240_

manny is right on, this is the ultimate Led Zeppelin as far as I'm concerned. Not only do you get the brilliant 1970 Royal Albert Hall concert, but hours and hours of more great footage. Highlight for me is the acoustic set.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:35 pm

hmm never heard of that one. maybe i will ask for ir for christmas
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:57 pm

TheGooch wrote:
hmm never heard of that one. maybe i will ask for ir for christmas

Gooch you will love it!!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:36 pm

it will defo be on my chrimbo list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to tour?   Led Zeppelin to tour? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin to tour?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next