Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008

Go down 
+10
candlemass
Chairman_Smith
kethdredd
EvyMetal
nevermore
bgast1
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Empty
PostSubject: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:44 pm

must visit gig in 2008.
i'm with LZ all the time !
who's with me ?

The Cure is opener.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:50 pm

Yes! Zeppelin is one of the best bands ever! I would do most anything to get a ticket to one of there shows! Even if I have to take out a second mortgage to pay for nosebleeders!

*end fanboy mode*

I've also heard that there may be a new album in the works. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7049242.stm
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Supposedly Ian Astbury of the Cult dropped a hint at a show this week that they were going to be the openers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 2:02 pm

Was an official announcement made that they will tour? Did I miss something? And while we're talking Zep, has anyone seen Jimmy Page lately? I guess he's stopped dying his hair. I saw a pic the other day and didn't realize it was him. His hair is now almost completely white. Quite a shocking contrast from the jet-black 'do he's been sporting all these years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 2:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Was an official announcement made that they will tour? Did I miss something?

Nothing's been made official yet, but Ian Astbury apparently let the cat out of the bag a little early... he told a crowd at one of their shows "We'll see you again next year, we're opening for a very famous band with an "L" and a "Z" in their name, you've probably heard of'em" ...or words to that effect.

The Zeppelin camp still has "no comment."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 2:33 pm

LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 LedVP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 5:15 pm

A lot of Zeppelin's been coming into the marketplace, recently.

The new greatest hits set, a remastered and expanded version of The Song Remains The Same, and their songs on iTunes...pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:53 pm

Yeah Ian Astbury spilled the beens that the Cult will be supporting them on a world tour next year. The tip is it will be announced within a couple of weeks into the new year.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 8:43 pm

I've seen 'em several times. I read a blurp in the paper a couple of weeks ago that they had to cancel the opening show because Jimmy Page broke a finger, and they want to give it some time to heal.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 8:45 pm

Zeppelin would be awesome to see. I'm not sure I could afford tickets though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:10 am

I can't believe this excites anyone. The only thing it'll be is sad and disappointing.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:09 am

Eyesore wrote:
The only thing it'll be is sad and disappointing.

and why's that?
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:03 am

Probably because Robert Plant can't sing anymore.

I don't mind the money grab. I'm suprised its taken this long to do it, its just that they are SO old now it risks becoming a parody.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:15 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 LedVP

Cool album art, but a useless set.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:18 am

kethdredd wrote:

I don't mind the money grab. I'm suprised its taken this long to do it, its just that they are SO old now it risks becoming a parody.

Sabbath and Dio are hardly spring chicks, but they can rock w/the best of 'em still, and Dio can still sing many under the table, that's the issue, not age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:49 am

Why is everyone so pumped about Led Zeppelin touring again? Their concerts back in the day just featured too much improv, i want to hear the song not instrumental wank! That's why i've always regarded them as a sub par live band, contrary to what most of you might think.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:46 pm

i wanna hear old songs, old style, old performance, old band, old legend, ...
i don't care bout voice or other shi*. it's LZ, they are LEGEND NEVER DIE and they CAN HAVE mistakes ! who cares ?
their music created future !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:47 pm

kethdredd wrote:

Precisely. This will never even come close to sounding like the original Zeppelin. Not even close. Plant still can sing, but he's nothing of what he once was. Instead of touring, they should do a new studio album. Establish their new sound, see how it is accepted, and then tour. Something tells me this won't happen anyway, but I think a tour is just a bad idea. It'll be second-rate from top to bottom.

I admit I could be wrong, though. They may surprise us. They have auto-tuning now! Laughing He does sound good here, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7RLjMmY5Q8

And that's a recent recording.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:24 am

i would go and see this but it would probably sell out in a half a second. the zep mania of late was started by their one off gig at the 02 arean in london and they put out the mothership to coincide with it.

worthless cd though i would not buy it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:46 pm

I might have to eat my words. Words is that they tore it up tonight and sounded great.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:45 am

Here's the set they played last night

Good Times Bad Times
Ramble On
Black Dog
In My Time of Dying
For Your Life
Trampled Under Foot
Nobodies Fault But Mine
No Quarter
Since I Been Loving You
Dazed & Confused
Stairway
Song Remains the Same
Misty Mountain Hop
Kashmir

Encores....Whole Lotta Love & Rock & Roll
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:50 am

"Been a long time since I rock n rolled"

Those lyrics never rang truer for these guys lol!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:45 am

i saw in TV News some shots and read reviews of concert.
really good show
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:00 am

I saw some clips on the news this morning. They sounded good. Plant still has the same hair! I was surprised to see any of them with long hair.

ult

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:01 am

I still can't get over how old Page looks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008   LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LED ZEPPELIN Tour 2008
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next