Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ten things that piss me off

Go down 
+18
sam
Orion Crystal Ice
spiritoradio
the sentinel
ultmetal
TheGooch
manny
Pontus
XYZ
Stender
akeldama
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
mc666
tohostudios
Mortuary
Smindas
Schbopo
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 6:11 am

Left lane drivers like OCI who get pissed because they're too stubborn to move over, because they're going "the speed limit", even though 50 other cars are behind him, and he's actually making it more unsafe in the end. He just doesn't know it.
Hopefully, when he gets older he will understand it's much safer to just move his slow ass into the right lane.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:12 am

How so?

There are 2-3 other lanes and typically no exits on the left, why would EVERYBODY need to be in one single lane?

It doesn't matter what lane it is, they will do it. People who let impatience and offensive driving dictate how they drive are who make things unsafe. Why is the speed limit exempt from driving laws one is required to obey? I don't see how it's my fault or unsafe if I am putting that into action, minding my own business, and people come from far far away and stay there for a while, way too close to my car at their speed, then swerve when they could have done that in the first place if they wanted a lane all to themselves. It's not a competition of which car is in front of the other and I don't drive a road-eating semi. What's the problem?

What is a logical explanation for why I should not obey the law, especially in a company car? If I get t-i-c-k-e-t-e-d, I get f-i-r-e-d.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
How so?

There are 2-3 other lanes and typically no exits on the left, why would EVERYBODY need to be in one single lane?

It doesn't matter what lane it is, they will do it. People who let impatience and offensive driving dictate how they drive are who make things unsafe. Why is the speed limit exempt from driving laws one is required to obey? I don't see how it's my fault or unsafe if I am putting that into action, minding my own business, and people come from far far away and stay there for a while, way too close to my car at their speed, then swerve when they could have done that in the first place if they wanted a lane all to themselves. It's not a competition of which car is in front of the other and I don't drive a road-eating semi. What's the problem?

What is a logical explanation for why I should not obey the law, especially in a company car? If I get t-i-c-k-e-t-e-d, I get f-i-r-e-d.

'cause the folks in the other lanes are going the exact same speed as him, or there's too much traffic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
How so?

Quote :

when did i say this?

Of course you should obey the law. You should also obey it in the middle or right lane. You pissing off the speeder behind you in the left lane makes it less safe for everybody else. Now I know you never told me you were driving in the left lane, but i did figure it out.

Just because you're going the speed limit, doesn't mean you should take it upon yourself to make sure everybody else is.

Hopefully this will help you:

http://www.drivers.com/article/542/

Or this:
http://leftlanedrivers.org/

http://www.slowertraffickeepright.com/

Don't be a douche, OCI.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:08 pm

I'm not forcing anybody to go do anything, but just in the same way, I'm not responsible for whatever they wanna do. I'm doing my own thing, within the limits of the law nonetheless, in a company car which I don't own, and should be allowed to do so, being as it's on a sign every couple of miles. I also said it happens in every lane. It does happen in the right lane. 99% of the people like this are thinking of only themselves and how much faster they can go, most of them are not considerate safe cozy drivers who want to so nicely move you out of the way so they can all drive crazy speeds in one single lane. They do it when workers are present. They will do it no matter what because they see it as a race and are too immature to have the very slight patience required just to do what you're supposed to do. It just means they'll die faster from being utterly reckless. Also, I don't see the maximum speed limit as being 'slow'. Whether or not I change my lane is meaningless because there will always be someone out there who thinks you are going too slow no matter how fast you go. The road rage argument is only slightly relevant and it makes me think of people like the wigger kids I always want to stomp out who seem to think society needs to bow, enable, and respect their piss-antness. I'm sorry but I just don't see it as my fault if someone else decides to maneuver their machinery of a few tons in and out of lanes, with no turn signal, passing so close as to smack someone else's car. If they all go to another lane, they're unhappy there too because one of them is ahead of the other. It's pointless. The problem is people with crappy driving and road rage and the fact that others enable it. I don't see anarchy as the solution to things like this.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Quote from one of the sites..

Quote :
I'm happy to see slow drivers in the fast lane get pulled over but
there's another problem which needs to be addressed. Even if you drive
fast in the fast lane there's always someone who wants to pass and go
even faster.

Now suppose you're driving to work, you're in the fast lane, you're
passing traffic in the slower lane to your right, do you still have to
keep lane hopping so that even faster drivers can get through?

If so, does that not mean a lot of lane changing, more stress and less safety.

Quote :
I'm doing 75 - that's 10 over the limit - in the left lane, passing a
lane of slower drivers. They're doing about 65. In my rear view mirror
I see mr bigshot-in-a-hurry come up behind me at about 85-90 and then
tailgates. Fine, I move over and mr bigshot passes. He tailgates the
car ahead. It moves over and lets mr bigshot pass. OK but now I want to
get back into the passing lane but theres more mr bigshots tailgating.
So now, everybody has to keep jumping lanes to accomodate mr
bigshot-in-a-hurry. I don't think so. I want the cops to do their job
and get these tailgating superspeeders who think they won the road!!!

PS - I've got a powerful vehicle too. I just don't choose to believe I have rights over other people.

Both these things are exactly right and tell more of the issue than the black and white thing most people think it is...

To automatically assume it makes me or someone else one of the 'policing' left lane drivers just shows there are just as much people who blanket stuff like that and either aren't or don't want to be aware that it isn't the whole truth. I don't ride one lane. It's all lanes there is always someone like this that shows up. I'm typically in the middle because of all the semi trucks all over the place on the right. The fact of the matter is that there are a whole, whole, whole bunch more reckless, unaware, swervy people than there are people who merely want to go faster...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:22 pm

I stopped reading half way through your first post. I guess you'll never get it.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:25 pm

I have a spotless driving record and have drove everything under 18 wheels tri-state, I must get something...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:25 pm

I have a spotless driving record and have drove everything under 18 wheels tri-state, as part of a job, I must get something...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:30 am

What my missing post above said was....

The left lane is now and has always been the passing lane in the U.S.. It wrong to drive in the left lane of any freeway in the U.S. The considerate thing to do, unless you are planning on passing someone or making a left turn in the immediate future is to stay right so that people can pass you. Regardless of the speed of others, it's dangerous to force people to pass on the left.

When I was 17 I was driving in the left lane of a freeway in NJ. I was pulled over by a police officer who reminded me I should not be driving in the passing lane. Thankfully he did not give me a ticket, but he told me he could have. Regardless, I have always remembered that and have never driven in the passing lane since that time.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:00 am

When somebody is driving in the left hand of a two lane rode for more than just passing purposes I assume that person just likes to piss people off and is in fact doing it on purpose.

One that bothers me is when there's two lanes and some goon is in the right-hand lane and going straight while everyone behind them would like to turn right on red!!! angry
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:15 am

One of the things that drives me to road rage is when people don't use their turn signals. One particularly annoying case of this is when I'm sitting at a stop sign wanting to turn onto the road and the guy coming at me on that road turns into the street I'm on without signalling. angry

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:18 am

Yep. People think that turn signals are an option. They aren't.

The worst case scenario is a left lane driver going 65 with their right turn signal on for miles. You think they are getting over, but they never do. angry
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:28 am

spectrefate wrote:
Yep. People think that turn signals are an option.

Oh wow! So you live in New Mexico too? Very Happy

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Yep. People think that turn signals are an option.

Oh wow! So you live in New Mexico too? Very Happy

I've lived in 5 different states and Missouri is far and away the worst I've ever seen. Even Florida isn't as bad. This is the "Show Me You Can Drive" State.

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:39 am

When I first moved to Florida in '00 I worked for the cable company. Part of my training was riding with a service tech. I remember him telling me that it is a state law in Florida that you don't have to use your turn signal. He was dead serious and convinced that it was a statute.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:51 am

Since we're making fun of drivers in the South! Coming from the snowy North I get a kick out of drivers here in West Texas struggling with th occasional 1" of snow. Karma will get me someday when I wreck in said 1" of snow!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:02 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Since we're making fun of drivers in the South! Coming from the snowy North I get a kick out of drivers here in West Texas struggling with th occasional 1" of snow. Karma will get me someday when I wreck in said 1" of snow!!

Ha ha! Same here. I lived in NJ until I was 18, then moved to upstate NY for 4 years. Snow was just part of living there. In NM you get flurries and the schools and government buildings close, people drive 20 miles under the speed limit. It's freakin' ridiculous.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:03 am

Also, road crews in the South don't know how to handle it either. I'm amazed at how long it takes to clear roads after a couple inches of snow here. In PA and CT, we weren't "paralyzed" until we got about a foot.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:11 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
He's not funny and he's a plagiarist.

I heard George Lopez (the guy he steals from) was strangling him at some award show awhile back. Laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
What my missing post above said was....

The left lane is now and has always been the passing lane in the U.S.. It wrong to drive in the left lane of any freeway in the U.S. The considerate thing to do, unless you are planning on passing someone or making a left turn in the immediate future is to stay right so that people can pass you. Regardless of the speed of others, it's dangerous to force people to pass on the left.

We call it "Virgina Moving Road Block" - really pisses me off when not many cars are on the road. Everyone drives in the left lane in VA, but traffic is so bad in the DC area, you have to
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 am

Yeah, Lopez I bet is someone who could make you cry if you tried to heckle him. He ripped of Cosby as well, I believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:24 am

Quote :
When somebody is driving in the left hand of a two lane rode for more than just passing purposes I assume that person just likes to piss people off and is in fact doing it on purpose.

OCI knows he's being a tardball. I remember being his age, and my brother told me the same thing. i hope OCI gets it together. oTher than that, he's always beeen cool with me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 am

I'm not a left lane hogger. I've repeated numerous times it is every single lane, and I am mostly in the middle. If you want to go out of your way to put someone down then whatever. Today is the wrong day, actually it's been the wrong week entirely, I'm not in the f**king mood..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:44 am

I feel some "Fookin' Foory" is going to be unleashed soon.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten things that piss me off   Ten things that piss me off - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ten things that piss me off
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next