Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav christian punk band

Go down 
+6
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
Shiney
tohostudios
Stender
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Fav christian punk band Empty
PostSubject: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Been getting into a lot of old school and hardcore punk lately, and along the way I have been finding some decent christian bands as well. I think I like The Lead the most so far. Julio Rey is way better here then when he did Franks enemy IMO.

What are some bands you like?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:55 pm

I've got two.

The Huntingtons (sounds an awful lot like The Ramones) and recently discovered:

Grave Robber (a lot like The Misfits)

http://www.myspace.com/graverobberpunk

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:08 pm

SCATERD FEW

"Sin Disease" is one of my top 8 favorite albums of all time....

HUNTINGTONS are great...

I also really like a band called MEWITHOUTYOU sort of a weird hardcoreish band...killer live act!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:16 pm

I like The Lead alot and Scaterd Few.Never hear Huningtons.Also really dig Focused.Crashdog and Torn Flesh were decent as well
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Scaterd few are awesome, I think I like The Lead better though.

Lust Control, Headnoise, and Active ingredients are cool too.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:43 pm

Crux
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:32 pm

So many early bands that were good:

One Bad Pig was an early favorite.... Like Suicidal, they crossed over into metal almost immediately, but their first ep A Christian Banned was some really tasty punk. Good stuff.

Undercover were very credible, and a great band, but never had enough grit to me....

The Lead was terriffic as well. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:46 pm

Not sure I'm into many Christian punk bands, but some of my favorite hardcore acts are:

No Innocent Victim
Focused
The Blamed
Strongarm

Strongarm video.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:49 pm

I've only got one cd from The Blamed, but it is very good. They've got a strong Fugazi vibe to them.

That Strongarm video sounds pretty cool as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Strongarm has two albums that came out in the 90s, both are great, but Atonement is the best.

Fav christian punk band D99665tm5y5

There is another album attributed to them that came out in 2006, and it's listed under Strongarm and the Bullies. I've never heard or seen it, but something tells me it's either not the same band or it is the same band but very different. Sounds more punk. Either way, Atonement and The Advent of a Miracle are both killer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:38 am

The Crucified before they went thrash was the only christian punk i liked.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:27 am

Never was a big punk fan. I like some of it, like the Ramones, GBH and the Sex Pistols.

For Christian punk, I like One Bad Pig, but their music really crosses genre boundries. Some call them thrash, others call them metal, they started off life as a punk band.

I like a few songs from Crashdog. "Bloody Lane" in particular is a killer song. Ya gotta love bagpipes mixed with old school punk.

I love the Crucified, but I much, MUCH prefer their thrash/crossover stuff to their early punk stuff.

I like some of the other bands listed above my post as well, like Focused, Strongarm, The Blamed, etc. but those are not really true punk bands. More like hardcore.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 pm

No Innocent Victim
Strongarm
The Blamed
Grave Robber
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Quote :
I love the Crucified, but I much, MUCH prefer their thrash/crossover stuff to their early punk stuff.

Same here!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:30 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Same here!

I have never heard the first punk material, still need to get that and pillers of humanity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:01 am

Tell me this song isn't awesome:

NO INNOCENT VICTIM - STRENGTH

First time I heard that song I got massive goose bumps. I still do, too. I don't care that I'm not a Christian; that song rules!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
Tell me this song isn't awesome:

NO INNOCENT VICTIM - STRENGTH

First time I heard that song I got massive goose bumps. I still do, too. I don't care that I'm not a Christian; that song rules!

I have that song on my NIV comp and i have the Cassette too. Great song but i like the song (Grief) better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:58 pm

SCATERED FEW

Great band...

Also was a big fan of THE CRUCIFIED back in the day...I liked Nailed better than Pillars...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:28 am

Quote :
I liked Nailed better than Pillars...

Thats crazy talk. insane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:29 pm

A band Ult turned me on to: THE HAVOC! Now known as the Scarred and the message is not as strong, but they were total '77 punk complete with mohawks. "I Won't Live a Lie" is an absolute Christian punk classic!!!

The sounds of snarling vocals, thrash guitar riffs, overdriven bass, and ferocious drumming are the perfect combination for punk rock angst and The Havoc deliver all of the above. On the hot streets of south Los Angeles, The Havoc was born in November of 2001. Shortly thereafter, they began playing locally and also released their first 7” E.P. entitled “Who’s Gonna Die…” The band pressed only 1,000 copies and sold out of the E.P. on their first tour during the summer of 2002. This immediately began creating waves in the underground punk scene and the result was the groups signing to Punk Core Records.

Hot on the heels of “Who’s Gonna Die…”, The Havoc released their debut full-length entitled “Our Rebellion Has Just Begun” in 2003. The 12 tracks on this record take the listener through a high speed, adrenaline fueled rampage that will leave you feeling as though you were hit by a cyclone of heavy punk rock!! An instant classic, the album conquered the punk scene and garnered rave reviews from almost every underground music magazine on the stands.

After touring relentlessly for an almost solid three years, the band then released their second E.P. on Punkcore Records in 2005, entitled “Road Warrior.” Right away the maturity The Havoc had gained in their songwriting was not only evident, but kept listeners on the edge of their seats. Achieving a more unique sound than their first record, this effort shows a tighter, heavier, harder, more melodic band. While being compared to the early thrash antics of Metallica and Motorhead, “Road Warrior” destroys the notion that the band are confined to only one genre of music.

Fav christian punk band 287936
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Oooohhhh! Good one. How did I forget The Havok? REAL punk!

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:19 pm

They sound pretty rad, I'll have to check em sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:37 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I liked Nailed better than Pillars...

Thats crazy talk. insane

If by crazy you mean absolutely correct, then yes. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:39 pm

I can burn you the Havoc stuff, next time around S. You can find the Scarred stuff pretty easily and they are a butt-kickin' band, as well!!!

THE SCARRED WEBSITE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:41 pm

S-

THE SCARRED CD FOR $2.50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fav christian punk band   Fav christian punk band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav christian punk band
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next