Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this a Christian band?

Go down 
+5
Thrasher73
Metalgiant
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
steelers
9 posters
AuthorMessage
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

Is this a Christian band? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxS1aQSSb5M&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Not that I am aware of.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 pm

The guitarist had this to say in an interview. I guess you can interpret it however you'd like, but he doesn't outright claim nor deny being in a Christian band.

Quote :

(TMR) How does 'Sinbreed' stands in life till events in the world, religion and politics and in which proportion stands that till your music and lyrics ?

(S) Personally, I strictly separate the musician, (here, Sinbreed-member) and the human being Flo. Of course i express myself through music, but not everything that's on my mind is suitable for a band like Sinbreed. It's very likely that i take sides with a certain political party, or that i have a personal set of believes. But to me, Sinbreed is no medium to promote this.

(TMR) For a lot of bands the lyrics are just a accidental circumstance, but for some bands they use them to communicate ! ..can you tell us how that is for 'Sinbreed' ?
(S) Like i mentioned before, in our lyrics we don't promote ANY worldly wisdom, whilst sure you can find a central theme in our songs: You are free to chose. In Sinbreed lyrics it's all about finding a personal interpretation of what's the key to life. What this key is, may differ widely from person to person. We just say that it's worth to think about life instead of living it day by day, without having a personal masterplan.

Read the rest of the interview here...
http://www.mauce.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2482&Itemid=22

Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:01 pm

I am not sure if I would call them a christian band but there are christians in the band and some of the lyrics do have a big christian touch.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Metalgiant wrote:
I am not sure if I would call them a christian band but there are christians in the band and some of the lyrics do have a big christian touch.

What He said.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Metalgiant wrote:

What He said.

x2. Great band!

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:42 pm

The singer is a christian and has a long history of being in Christian bands, whether this project is labeled " CHRISTIAN" or not, I don't care. I happen to like it either way, in fact, it is one of my favorite new releases this year. Smile
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 pm

I am very exited about this release. It's like having another Seventh Avenue album. It's on the top 5 releases of this year. So many great albums this year, I can't believe even more great albums keep popping out (grave digger, star one)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 pm

powermacho wrote:
I am very exited about this release. It's like having another Seventh Avenue album. It's on the top 5 releases of this year. So many great albums this year, I can't believe even more great albums keep popping out (grave digger, star one)

I agree on the seventh avenue. I loved Terium and this is very good as well.

steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Do you like this or Terium better?
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Thrasher73, to have some christian band members and to have some christian influences in your lyrics of course does not mean you are a christian band.

What is so difficult to understand about this sentence?

There a tons of examples for this, ROB ROCK would never call his band a christian band, SHADOW GALLERY, HARMONY.......
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Metalgiant wrote:
Thrasher73, to have some christian band members and to have some christian influences in your lyrics of course does not mean you are a christian band.

There a tons of examples for this, ROB ROCK would never call his band a christian band, SHADOW GALLERY, HARMONY.......

I think you misunderstood him, Olaf. He echoed your stament, he didn't question it. Very Happy

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
Metalgiant wrote:

I think you misunderstood him, Olaf. He echoed your stament, he didn't question it. Very Happy

Kmorg is correct.I was agreeing with your post Metalgiant. Wink
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:44 pm

steelers wrote:
Do you like this or Terium better?

I think Sinbreed is better but I enjoy both.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Christian band?   Is this a Christian band? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this a Christian band?
Page 1 of 1