Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."

Go down 
+13
DallasBlack
Sutekh
EmoElmo
Hadley
tul
T-Roy
manny
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Psychotron
springozzy
Animal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Animal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 29

"KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Empty
PostSubject: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:16 pm

"KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." 544723_381306098574685_100000858932965_1007164_768413365_n

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:22 pm

laughing
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:24 pm

I thought it "K.nights I.n S.atans S.ervice" which I always thought sounded really cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:30 pm

"Ozizie Osborn?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:38 pm

I know this is most likely a joke but...

This ignorance has been around for decades. I have an article that talks about how dangerous, disgusting and sexual a style of music is. It goes on to dismantle this ungodly music using the logic we've seen for decades from overzealous religious people about rock and roll and heavy metal. The funny thing is, the article was written decades ago about "big band music". People often mistake their own tastes, convictions, likes, dislikes, etc. for Bible truth and then try to use the Bible to back up that opinion. That's called using Biblical Eisegesis. It's when people misinterpret Scripture or a portion of Scripture in such a way that it introduces their own presuppositions, agendas, and/or biases into the text.

It's unfortunate that this sort of nonsense is still around making Christians look like fools. Sure there is plenty of sin and evil in music. Do a little research and it's plain for all to see. If you really dig into Kiss' lyrics or their lifestyles, they are not exactly a moral standard for which to live. You don't have to go making up ridiculous and ignorant rumors about the band name to discredit them.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Quote :
People often mistake their own tastes, convictions, like, dislikes, etc. for Bible truth and then try to use the Bible to back up that opinion. That's called using Biblical Eisegesis.

I thought it was called "Being a self righteous douche" but that's probably just me. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Well Said

ultmetal wrote:
I know this is most likely a joke but...

This ignorance has been around for decades. I have an article that talks about how dangerous, disgusting and sexual a style of music is. It goes on to dismantle this ungodly music using the logic we've seen for decades from overzealous religious people about rock and roll and heavy metal. The funny thing is, the article was written decades ago about "big band music". People often mistake their own tastes, convictions, likes, dislikes, etc. for Bible truth and then try to use the Bible to back up that opinion. That's called using Biblical Eisegesis. It's when people misinterpret Scripture or a portion of Scripture in such a way that it introduces their own presuppositions, agendas, and/or biases into the text.

It's unfortunate that this sort of nonsense is still around making Christians look like fools. Sure there is plenty of sin and evil in music. Do a little research and it's plain for all to see. If you really dig into Kiss' lyrics or their lifestyles, they are not exactly a moral standard for which to live. You don't have to go making up ridiculous and ignorant rumors about the band name to discredit them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
People often mistake their own tastes, convictions, like, dislikes, etc. for Bible truth and then try to use the Bible to back up that opinion. That's called using Biblical Eisegesis.

I thought it was called "Being a self righteous douche" but that's probably just me. Very Happy

I think in the case of stuff like this, it's more times than usual, complete and total ignorance. This is what they've been told by some preacher or read in some book and they believe it without bothering to investigate the facts themselves. Most of the time it's simply, they don't care enough to check into it. It's easy to hate something that you already don't like. It's also easy for Christians to blame their past sins on stuff like music and TV rather than looking inside themselves and realizing it had everything to do with them and not those external things.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Quote :
People often mistake their own tastes, convictions, likes, dislikes, etc. for Bible truth and then try to use the Bible to back up that opinion.

All day, every day, all over the world...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It's also easy for Christians to blame their past sins on stuff like music and TV rather than looking inside themselves and realizing it had everything to do with them and not those external things.

Good point.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Hey!! Thanks to an anti rock rally at the local Baptist Church I discovered AC/DC!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:33 pm

That's so cool, I never knew Ozzy played for KISS!!?? \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: at my school   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:07 pm

At my school there was a music teacher. He was preaching against heavy metal all the time, especially against Slayer, Ozzy and Twisted Sister. As a christian he totally opposes this music blabla. But than he was praising gangster rap!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:40 pm

tul wrote:
At my school there was a music teacher. He was preaching against heavy metal all the time, especially against Slayer, Ozzy and Twisted Sister. As a christian he totally opposes this music blabla. But than he was praising gangster rap!

Maybe he was praising Christian gangsta rap (yes, such a genre exists).
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Satanic thingy is sooo 80's lol

and the VAGUENESS of Christian Metal still puzzles me up to this day
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:09 pm

T-Roy wrote:

He didn't. Ozizie did, though! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Hadley wrote:

"Awwwww yeah. Droppin' many suckas wit'da WORD, y'all! Knum'saaaaaaayin?"

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Hadley wrote:
tul wrote:

"Yo! J man gonna bust a cap in sin's ass
Satan is a sucka he has no class
B*tches and ho's love a man of faith
Turn to his love befo it's too late"

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Hope to keep this short and to the point. About 5 years ago, I was doing prison ministry in No. Calif. We were one of the three bands playing at the institution that partcular Sunday. It was in the Bay Area and was kinda/sorta chilly compared to where I'd drive from in Sacramento. All I had with me to keep warm while unloading band equipment was a Rolling Stone's hoodie. A guy from one of the other ministries kept looking at me as I passed by and finaly he said something. He TOLD me that my weatshirt was of the world and it was a bad witness to be wearing it. He also asked if I was just a roadie or something. I politely told him I'd been playing drums with this ministry for over 15 years and I was sorry he felt that way about my clothing. I walked away and he followed me, further telling me how wrong I was. I made sure that another person from his group was present when I finaly responded to him. I said , "look at your shirt brother (which was a NIke golf shirt) The lil swoosh is a corprate logo just like this tounge on my sweatshirt. Nike pays hundreds of millions of dollars in endorsements to professional athletes of various sports who live a lifestyle just as bad or even worse than the Rolling Stones ever have" He was speechless, I also said that if it offended him that bad I'd take it off. At the end of the outreach, i asked him what he thought about going to the movies. He proudly said, "I only take my family to see Rated G films, all the other stuff is filth in some form or another" I said, "kewl man, still givin money to the same companies that produce the films you consider filth" He then got abrasive and asked me what my problem was ? I smiled and said "maybe next time you'll think twice before judging somebody due to a mere article of clothing"

By the way, you have it ll wrong. KISS stands for Kunts In Sissy Suits

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
People often mistake their own tastes, convictions, likes, dislikes, etc. for Bible truth and then try to use the Bible to back up that opinion. That's called using Biblical Eisegesis. It's when people misinterpret Scripture or a portion of Scripture in such a way that it introduces their own presuppositions, agendas, and/or biases into the text.

Scott, my brother, you don't have to apologize for anyone. I'll give my own (Orthodox) perspective and perhaps it's totally different than most because most likely in the eyes of these people (if they are real) I'm just an idol-worshiping cannibal who prays to Mary, but I digress: I have found that if you're raised to fear something, your life will be lived in fear, which I find unhealthy. My personal opinion has always been that nothing can influence you deeply unless you are inclined for it to influence you (influence is usually based on deep human experience), and if you are inclined towards good then you will get good out of something no matter how evil it may seem, but if you are inclined towards evil then evil will be its fruits even if it appears good. And this not only goes for music, but for everything in life.
Back to top Go down
Animal
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:49 pm

T-Roy wrote:

I wonder what makeup he wore?
Back to top Go down
Animal
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:57 pm

tul wrote:

So somehow, metal is more harmful or evil than music that sings about selling drugs, shooting people, and mistreating women? Apparently Disney thought so a few years ago when they banned metal from their venues because it and its fans were "unacceptable", but had no problem with Retards Attempting Poetry.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Animal wrote:
Retards Attempting Poetry.

Like mine above! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Animal wrote:
tul wrote:

So somehow, metal is more harmful or evil than music that sings about selling drugs, shooting people, and mistreating women? Apparently Disney thought so a few years ago when they banned metal from their venues because it and its fans were "unacceptable", but had no problem with Retards Attempting Poetry.

Subject matter excluded, I've never been able to get into the instrumentals in rap. Also, it's not 100% fair to judge an entire genre based on what's mainstream or popular... that's what happens to metal all the time, yet we (the fans) apply the same stigmas and stereotypes to other genres.

Sometimes this whole metal subculture thing perplexes me, I wish people would just live and let live when it comes to matters of musical tastes.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Animal wrote:
tul wrote:

Subject matter excluded, I've never been able to get into the instrumentals in rap. Also, it's not 100% fair to judge an entire genre based on what's mainstream or popular... that's what happens to metal all the time, yet we (the fans) apply the same stigmas and stereotypes to other genres.

Sometimes this whole metal subculture thing perplexes me, I wish people would just live and let live when it comes to matters of musical tastes.

But where's the fun in that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."   "KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"KISS Is A Satanic Hip Hop Punk Rock Band...."
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: