Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Empty
PostSubject: Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...   Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 2:28 am

This is a neat treat. Bob talks about the recording sessions for Blizzard and in between posts several different samples of unreleased material. Check out the alternate solo for Crazy Train.

http://www.bobdaisley.com/content/blizzard-ozz-and-holy-grail
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...   Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 10:07 am

That was a cool read/listen. Thanks for sharing it.

I am still amazed how many Ozzy fans swear that Ozzy wrote the music and/or lyrics to those old songs. Bob Daisley was the author of much of it. Not only has he stated so, but so has others who worked with the band at the time. From what I've read, Ozzy was passed out much of the time during the writing sessions for those albums. Haha!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...   Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:46 am

I've said it over and over and over again....Ozzy is the luckiest man in the music biz. He's been carried by other people his entire career.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...   Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:22 pm

What I'm really hoping for one day is a Randy Rhoads rarities disc with Bob's outtakes and beyond. Even if it's a bonus disc, I don't care. There's so much more to be heard of Randy than just the Quiet Riot years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...   Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 6:40 am

I would love this material get an official release, but doubt that will even happen.

Randy Rhoads estate has not bothered with releasing any live recordings or material he did with Quiet Riot, aside from 'Tribute' and ' The Randy Rhoads Years' comp, and that was decades ago.

I know there are tons of material of Quiet Riot material that remains unreleased, I think those tapes maybe owned by Kevin DuBrow's estate but not sure.

Unlike Hendrix and Jim Morrison's estate, they do not seem keen in releasing any Rhoads recordings not already out there in the market.

Also doubt Sharon and Ozzy will allow this material released without them having some sort of control how it will be released and marketed. Not to mention how royalty payments will be worked out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...   Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Wow, this is weird. An old Bob Daisley looks like a young Sharon Osbourne...

Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... SharonOzzy234
Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Th?id=HN.608053428066190578&pid=1

Oh, and he talks about why those Randy Rhodes demos were never "officially released"...
Quote :
Songfacts: Since there's not that much material of Randy that's been released, I'm surprised they never issued those demos as part of a boxed set or something.

Bob: Well, a couple of years ago when they planned to release the boxed set for the 30th anniversary, I went to Sharon's [Osbourne] accountant who handles all her affairs and handles the publishing company and all that. I said, "Well, I've got these demos and I've got tapes of this recording, outtakes, I've got rehearsal takes, I've got us just chatting, clowning about, songwriting tapes," I said, "I've got loads of stuff, I've got hours of it. Why don't you include that on the boxed set?" And I said, "Well, I'm not just giving it away, I'm the only one that's got this stuff. So I want a royalty on it." She wouldn't do it. She just wanted to buy it off me for a pittance and I said no. I'm not doing that again. I've been screwed enough.

Songfacts: I don't blame you.

Bob: The fans suffered. Everybody wants to hear that stuff and I was willing to put it out there. But I said, I'm not just giving it to her. Because also what I have to be careful of is if they control it, they can edit it to make it sound like that same old fairytale that they come up with about how Ozzy and Randy wrote everything, which is total bollocks.

Sharon wouldn't pay?!? SHOCKING!!

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...   Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:08 pm

He's got a good point too. They wouldn't release it raw or even touched up. They would galvanize the whole thing and discredit Bob in the process. He's smart for holding on to the goods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...   Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bob Daisley interview about unreleased Ozzy outtakes from Blizzard...
Page 1 of 1