Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children of Bodom VS. In Flames

Go down 
+8
tohostudios
Stender
GrandNational
kmorg
ensiferum2k
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Back to topic....

In Flames > Children Of Bodom
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:05 pm

In Flames = Children Of Bodom

(since I don't care for either one; too much Cookie Monster in both for my tastes)

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Last edited by Stender on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:13 pm

I think you should pm a mod or admin to get this straightened out Stender.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think you should pm a mod or admin to get this straightened out Stender.

I just did, I'm sorry for getting you all involved in this, I probably should have sent a private message from the beginning. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:27 pm

No problem here bro.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:27 pm

BTW,

I still don't like either one of these bands.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:47 pm

I don't like either but if i had to choose it would be COB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Stender wrote:
If nigglet was banned instead of shelby, that was a mistake and needs to be changed. His name is not a racial slander or anything else, he will change it once he knows.
"Nigglet" is a racist term, though. It's possible that there is an innocent, non-racist meaning behing the name when it's directed at him, but in general, the word is racist.

I missed everything this morning, but assumed it was just people causing problems. If not, the name needs to be changed, and a mod can do that. Then we can all be one big (cr)happy family again. =)

By the way, In Flames KO1. Though Children of Bodom is a good contender.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
I saw both bands live at Gigantour and I much preferred Children of Bodom to In Flames.
these days.. same here. early In Flames was amazing though.

also, if my wife & i decided to breed, we'd have ourselves a Nigglet. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:22 am

Dark Tranquility >>>> In Flames/COB

Cool

Haven't heard either COB or IF new albums...but their past work has been pretty good...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:09 am

I haven't liked an In Flames CD since CLAYMAN.

On the other hand, I haven't heard a C.O.B. disc I've liked at all.

So I guess In Flames > Children of Bodom for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:15 am

I can't imagine a combo of bands that disinterest me anymore than these 2.

Oh yeah I can, Ozzy Osbourne and Nightwish.

So, on a positive note, In Flames and COB are better than Ozzy and Nightwish.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:34 am

Listening to "Hatebreeder" now. haven't heard this CD in some time, but this thread inspired me to pull the disc out. The music is so great. Some killer guitar work. I also dig the interplay of the heavy riffs and the melodic keys. I gotta say though, that the vocals start to get annoying after a while. If this band had a real vocalist, or another vocalist with a different style to share the lead vox like 3 Inches of Blood, these guys would rule. As it stands, I now remember why this CD often sits on the shelves for months without being spun.

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
In Flames = Children Of Bodom

(since I don't care for either one; too much Cookie Monster in both for my tastes)

Neither band uses cookie monster vocals. Have you ever actually heard either band?

I haven't heard the new albums, but overall I like In Flames a little better. Children of Bodom are still excellent though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:25 pm

I've heard both and both use screaming and/or growling; both of which I hate.

Technically, I guess it isn't growling but it's that typical death metal shrieking. It definitely ain't singing.

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've heard both and both use screaming and/or growling; both of which I hate.

Ah, I understand.

Am I wrong in presuming that 'cookie monster' just refers to the uberlow, "Cannibal Corpse and lower" type vocals? I didn't think screams and higher pitched growls counted. I may be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:29 pm

You're interpretation is probably more accurate than mine. I just tend to lump all non-melodic yelling vocal forms under the cookie umbrella.

Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 2:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
You're interpretation is probably more accurate than mine. I just tend to lump all non-melodic yelling vocal forms under the cookie umbrella.

laughing
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Listening to "Hatebreeder" now. haven't heard this CD in some time, but this thread inspired me to pull the disc out. The music is so great. Some killer guitar work. I also dig the interplay of the heavy riffs and the melodic keys. I gotta say though, that the vocals start to get annoying after a while. If this band had a real vocalist, or another vocalist with a different style to share the lead vox like 3 Inches of Blood, these guys would rule. As it stands, I now remember why this CD often sits on the shelves for months without being spun.

Ult, I totally agree with your view of the bands music. The early albums have killer instrumental plays between the guitar and keyboards, but the vocals totally suck. That's why I recently traded all my COB albums.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:00 pm

GrandNational wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Ult, I totally agree with your view of the bands music. The early albums have killer instrumental plays between the guitar and keyboards, but the vocals totally suck. That's why I recently traded all my COB albums.

I think if COB were the first ones to come out with that kind of growl/screech thing their music would seem more interesting. But yeah, Hatebreeder and something wild are great albums to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom VS. In Flames   Children of Bodom VS. In Flames - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children of Bodom VS. In Flames
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2