Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHildren of bodom

Go down 
+12
White_Mage
MetalRob331
kmorg
GrandNational
DallasBlack
ghost
KissinMaiden
exact33
Thrasher73
mc666
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
16 posters
AuthorMessage

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:03 pm

what is your view on children of bodom people?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:25 pm

Good band, wrong room. I'll move this to the Metal Room and you will get more responses.

ult

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:41 pm

Ehh, C.O.B. are OK I guess. Great musicians, not too crazy about the WOOOOOAAAARRRGH vocals though (but that's just personal preference).

I will admit they have GREAT taste in cover songs... some of them are priceless, like their cover of Britney Spears' "Oops I Did It Again" Laughing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:43 pm

i like them ok. nothing amazing, but a good band.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:39 pm

yeah,they are decent for what they do.Nothing groundbreaking.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:29 am

CoB are one of those band who I buy then trade their cds. I love them sometimes and wont spin them for a long time. I have to say that this time around I like hatecrew deathroll a lot more than i used to.

Alex

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:39 am

I like these guys, but I hate that somehow they somehow got popular with the Hot Topic crowd, which then generated all kinds of e-hate. I hate e-hate. Haha.

And yeah, their cover songs are entertaining. Unfortunately they don't take them seriously, which makes them a little less enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: .   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:32 am

i like em good power metal.
Back to top Go down

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:44 am

KissinMaiden wrote:
Um...they're not a power metal band. They're a melodic death metal band.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:27 am

I like them, but I have only listened to Are You Dead Yet
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:08 am

Eyesore wrote:

And yeah, their cover songs are entertaining. Unfortunately they don't take them seriously, which makes them a little less enjoyable.

That's WHY I like their cover songs so much. They must know that the "troo grimm kult" crowd will get their undies in a bunch when they cover a Britney Spears or Andrew W.K. song, and they obviously don't care, haha!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:58 am

Vocals can get a tad old but the music is so melodic and catchy that it is easy to overlook.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:10 pm

I like them. The interplay between the keyboards and guitars, specially in the early days was/is great.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Hade 1 album downloaded, was not impressed. Saw them live, was not impressed. Think this band is not for me. Shme really, becasue their style is!

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:15 pm

They are very talented in my opinion, they're are just not for me. They sound a little sterile to me. Fantastic musicianship, not much heart.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:51 am

i like the music, but those vocals are harsh, Fav song is Hate Me its killer...
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:35 am

most of my metal friends really like them alot and always talk about how aweosme they are. I think there a pretty good band (I have a COB t-shirt) but I cant say I listen to them very much any more I've heard pretty much everyone of there albums and there only a handful of songs that I still listen to. I adgree their talented musicians but alot of there songs are very similar
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:27 am

I love Children of Bodom and actually Alexi Laiho prefers just to be called a metal group nothing more so ya
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:45 am

i heard a new song from the album called Banned from Heaven and i have to say it was boring with no disctinct riff or melody it just went nowhere as a song. they dont do a lot for me i am afraid
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:41 am

Uh oh...two CoB threads on the same page...

Oh Eyesore....

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:30 am

tohostudios wrote:

Oh Eyesore....
the mod/admin staff could merge them if they were so inclined.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
KissinMaiden wrote:
Um...they're not a power metal band. They're a melodic death metal band.

I was gonna say that as well. Their ok I do like Alex playing though one of the better guitarists out there!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:34 am

As I said in the other CoB thread, the vox kill this band for me.

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:46 am

tohostudios wrote:

Oh Eyesore....

Yea but due to Saxon and his wankery nature that other thread is gone Tit's up, I assume MetalRob reactivated this one to get abit of discussion about the band going again as the other thread is useless, it in fact should probably be best placed in the "Of Unsound mind" section so the guys can shite away among themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CHildren of bodom Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHildren of bodom   CHildren of bodom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHildren of bodom
Page 1 of 1